Fluorine

Charli XCX

Xcx World was a good concept but lets face that it was very flat besides the highlights ctmp taxi no angel (sophie) gno and G&G + the photoshoot which was HEAVEN. She was clearly not ready with that. I hope this new album brings pop anthems and cute sad bops

Xcx World was a good concept but lets face that it was very flat besides the highlights ctmp taxi no angel (sophie) gno and G&G + the photoshoot which was HEAVEN. She was clearly not ready with that. I hope this new album brings pop anthems and cute sad bops

Im sorry but... Can You Hear Me? I wanna Be W/ You? Fucking anthems

Remember the tweet saying something like I wanna work with follow artists and she tagged robyn?

What If...

Also her naming the album Charli would be so basic. Please don't.

Based on her description of the album and how it's about her and how honest and raw it is, I wouldn't be surprised if she named it Charli.... whatever Charles wants I guess, as long as she's happy :0

giphy.gif

I mean, to me this doesn't feel like last time at all. Whenever Charli mentioned xcx3, especially after the N1A drop, she always seemed very shakey and vague on the topic imo. She seems so much more confident in her release schedule this time. Also she has two very successful mixtapes under her belt now, proving to her label that there is an audience for the sound she wants to create rather than what they think she should create. 

just posted this on atrl thought i'd share  :illumilana2:

honestly i think this might actually happen:

@FckyeahCharli

Blame It On Your Love is the first taste of a new album that Charli’s been working on. Only if they’re done in a “really extreme way.”

“whatever I end up releasing, it’ll probably be quite ridiculous and extreme. You know like a 50-song Album, something like that” - Charli

it would be JUST like her to throw out the crazy idea of a 50-track album which everyone would dismiss, launch the era with BIOYL, spicy, and dream glow, while performing legit new songs like Gone and 2099 that we're thirsting for... and then actually (surprise) release an album with 50 tracks.

she has proven basically everything she can to atlantic (she can get acclaim, she can get cult following, her sound can be diverse, her collabs bring in even more listeners, and she'll probably never get the #1 they want from her). so why not let someone who makes fire like it's nothing release a 50-track album? that alone would shake the industry. TONS of collabs drawing TONS of bases/genres, tons of radio friendly pop bops, tons of experimental acclaimed bops, and maybe even a lil fan service e.g. taxi, party 4 u, ctmp, etc. she would make headlines and prove herself to be the master of pop that she is. and listeners who come for one specific collab would likely check out the rest of the album. 

ya know~ could just as easily be another pie in the sky dream from a dehydrated af angel but let's not act like it wouldn't make sense from multiple angles. 

also she referred to dream glow as *her* new song the day before it came out but it's BTS feat. Charli. what if it was included on her album too?

the 50-track album would be fine and all but can you imagine the uproar when it comes to tour setlists? omg her fans are rabid enough

'5 in the Morning' slave Charlotte Emma Aitchison found living up to expectations.

just posted this on atrl thought i'd share  :illumilana2:

honestly i think this might actually happen:

it would be JUST like her to throw out the crazy idea of a 50-track album which everyone would dismiss, launch the era with BIOYL, spicy, and dream glow, while performing legit new songs like Gone and 2099 that we're thirsting for... and then actually (surprise) release an album with 50 tracks.

she has proven basically everything she can to atlantic (she can get acclaim, she can get cult following, her sound can be diverse, her collabs bring in even more listeners, and she'll probably never get the #1 they want from her). so why not let someone who makes fire like it's nothing release a 50-track album? that alone would shake the industry. TONS of collabs drawing TONS of bases/genres, tons of radio friendly pop bops, tons of experimental acclaimed bops, and maybe even a lil fan service e.g. taxi, party 4 u, ctmp, etc. she would make headlines and prove herself to be the master of pop that she is. and listeners who come for one specific collab would likely check out the rest of the album. 

ya know~ could just as easily be another pie in the sky dream from a dehydrated af angel but let's not act like it wouldn't make sense from multiple angles. 

also she referred to dream glow as *her* new song the day before it came out but it's BTW feat. Charli. what if it was included on her album too?

it would be a mess. People wouldn't know where to start listening, myself included.

Imagine being hour and a half listening to choli and still not being halfway trough the album. A mess. And there would be bengers going completly unnoticed only for the solely fact that they would be lost and mingled in this kind of music pottage. (pottage as in dense pop soup) 

I'm down for a 2 separate albums released together tho 

it would be a mess. People wouldn't know where to start listening, myself included.

Imagine being hour and a half listening to choli and still not being halfway trough the album. A mess. And there would be bengers going completly unnoticed only for the solely fact that they would be lost and mingled in this kind of music pottage. (pottage as in dense pop soup)

I'm down for a 2 separate albums released together tho

2 separate albums 14 songs each would be wow... let me dream a little

i mean it doesn't have to be *one* album, it could be split by concept, or actually doing one 10-track release (just as N1A and Pop 2) each month:

"Angels, your mother is about to feed you new music for 5 months straight. You deserve it and you're welcome."

it's weird for her to mention the idea of an album w 50 songs if that isn't something that's on her mind. 

guys, let's not get our hopes up for a 50 track album  :toofunny:  i can't believe it's even on her mind. carly rae said the something along the same lines when she had 200 songs recorded for emotion.

we know it's probably gonna be like 11-13 tracks. atlantic would never let her drop more than that hahaha

lABVyGE.png

guys, let's not get our hopes up for a 50 track album  :toofunny:  i can't believe it's even on her mind. carly rae said the something along the same lines when she had 200 songs recorded for emotion.

we know it's probably gonna be like 11-13 tracks. atlantic would never let her drop more than that hahaha

i just can not imagine it being that short. it's her first album in five years. we've already had N1A and Pop 2 which were better than most pop albums post-sucker, not to mention all the random single drops she's done. it would feel really underwhelming for everyone… she raised the bar for herself and she knows that… Gone and 2099 show she's mostly continuing the Pop 2 sound, so if the album were to be almost as short then what's the motivation in making it the album instead of another mixtape? they're hardly any more radio friendly, e.g. Gone's outro. 

sure it doesn't have to be *50* songs lol, idk where that 27 or w/e number came up but i don't think it's unreasonable to think it needs at least 20 tracks if she wants to make a splash.