Fluorine

Charli XCX

Omg I wanted Pop the Balloons to happen and look what I did. I’m so proud. Leak it, ladies. The verses SLAP & the chorus STAYS WITH U... whether u love or hate it, that’s Charli’s songwriting genius at work! Gotta be one of the catchiest songs she’s written!

If I was a Kardashian I’d pay $450 for PTB & bless us with it immediately. Unfortunately that’s about how much my car payments cost me every month, so..... :defeated:

We know it’s leaking sooner than later anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pop the balloons will never leak

do yall consider charli a gay icon? 

I mean I wouldnt put her in like Madonna/Lady Gaga/Cher/etc. level gay icon but thats only because of popularity. She's constantly acknowledging her huge LGBTQ+ fanbase and is constantly working with LGBTQ+ artists/writers/producers/creatives so I'd say yeah.

i've listened to the PTB snippet with the musicmafia tag in to so many times at this point im gonna miss hearing it in the actual song

me too omg, i mouth it when i hear people's edits of the snippets even when its filtered out

xMcVPI7.jpg

do yall consider charli a gay icon? 

There was actually a small discussion of this nature in one of the queer FB asian groups I was in and one thing that I realized is that some gay icons don't give homage to the queer* community. Charli, however, continues to acknowledge the importance of the queer community in her career - in her interviews, instagram posts, twitter posts, etc. She herself not be queer so if that's a criteria for being a gay icon, then I guess she's not an icon BUT if we exclude being queer as a requirement for being a gay icon, then I think she is definitely a gay icon.

*using queer instead of LGBTQ+ because + includes allies and she's definitely an ally 

giphy.gif

I mean I wouldnt put her in like Madonna/Lady Gaga/Cher/etc. level gay icon but thats only because of popularity. She's constantly acknowledging her huge LGBTQ+ fanbase and is constantly working with LGBTQ+ artists/writers/producers/creatives so I'd say yeah.

Since I became a fan of Charli, I've always kinda considered her like more of a modern-day Madonna/Cyndi Lauper type of figure, musically... just in a general sense.

Idk, I could be way off... :biblio: