Fluorine

Charli XCX

Do people really put 1999 on the same like ugh... level as boys and boom clap??? I fucking love it and think it's by far her best like BIG song lmfao and one of her best period and I def prefer her pots and pans shit over anything else. I used not not really fuck with boom clap but I'd still go bananas if she played it same with I love it. Boys tho... Yeah I need a break as well lol

5 minutes ago, ualreadyknowwwwwwwwwww said:

Do people really put 1999 on the same like ugh... level as boys and boom clap??? I fucking love it and think it's by far her best like BIG song lmfao and one of her best period and I def prefer her pots and pans shit over anything else. 

i think a lot of people got sick of it bc charli/atlantic wouldn’t stop promoting it back in the day 

also it doesn’t fit at all on self titled and was put on the album for numbers, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad song - it belongs on a 2018 album along with more xcx world vibe songs imo

1999 is a bop, it would be a lot better if it was a solo Charli song though. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, blameitonme said:

i think a lot of people got sick of it bc charli/atlantic wouldn’t stop promoting it back in the day 

also it doesn’t fit at all on self titled and was put on their for numbers, but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad song - it belongs on a 2018 version of xcx world imo

Maybe I fuck with it so hard is cuz I wasn't a fan then smh. That video was the first I saw of hers that I remember tho.

25 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

i don’t mind boom clap being on the set list, since it was considered for true romance originally :true:

Pretty sure it was never going to be on TR, but she has some contradicting interviews where she said she wrote it at 16? And others where she states later in Stockholm.

it couldn’t have been the writing sessions for TR either because her references were the new wave stuff which came after TR-she needs to clarify this tbh.

still waiting for I love it to leak tbh-it’s odd that it’s been years lol.

this interview here also indicates it was written after TR-so odd:

It started out when I was in Stockholm, which I'm figuring out is the place where I write my best music. Me and the producer, Patrick Berger, had been put in this place where everyone wanted us to write [Icona Pop's] 'I Love It' again. I had this session, and they were like, 'This is your thing! Here's a beat and write 'I Love It' on it!' And I was getting really sick of it, because 'I Love It' was such a random thing that happened once and it's never going to happen again."

Charli added, "Patrick had this idea for 'Boom Clap,' and I thought it was a very 'Rock 'n' Roll High School,' Ramones kind of thing. So we did it my way, where instead of rock 'n' roll we made it this pop love song, which I guess is what I do."

1 hour ago, Waterfall said:

what xcx world songs did they play?

50 minutes ago, Waterfall said:

just saw on twitter that waterfall was played omfg:sky::hair::cryney2::bebe:

19 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Where is the video 🥺

They played everything, CTMP, Good Girls, Taxi, No Angel, Can You Hear Me, Down Like Woah, Waterfall, Queen Lizzy, I Wanna Be With U. I haven't seen videos but I assume ATAP, GNO and Die 4 were played too

8nl2OpX.png

Did she just do the album version of 1999 or the one mixed with the EASYFUN remix? I think that was what made it enjoyable on the 2019 tour:bebe:

17 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

They played everything, CTMP, Good Girls, Taxi, No Angel, Can You Hear Me, Down Like Woah, Waterfall, Queen Lizzy, I Wanna Be With U. I haven't seen videos but I assume ATAP, GNO and Die 4 were played too

XCX world is coming babes I just know it 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

6 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

wasn’t she planning a true romance anniversary tour that was ruined by COVID :noparty: here’s to hoping she’s saving it for that if it ever happens because imagine 

We need a True Romance 10 year anniversary re-release in 2023 with songs like Interior, Jungle, Mess, and Midnight :makeup:

Here’s one interview where states it was written after TR- 

Can you trace back when you started work on the album?

"Basically straight after I put out my first album True Romance. I think Boom Clap was written pretty much straight after that."

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Here’s one interview where states it was written after TR- 

Can you trace back when you started work on the album?

"Basically straight after I put out my first album True Romance. I think Boom Clap was written pretty much straight after that."

Did Charli ever speak about when Superlove was written? Apparently the OG version which leaked last year was intended for True Romance - it sounds very TR-ish for sure

There was a rumour from years ago about how Seven Day Holiday (It Doesn't Matter) is another TR outtake and it got reworked for Sucker. I wonder if that's true

46 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Did Charli ever speak about when Superlove was written? Apparently the OG version which leaked last year was intended for True Romance - it sounds very TR-ish for sure

this version is from 2011 iirc

2 hours ago, VegaXCX said:

I wonder if the set list will change throughout the tour. With this being her “sell out” era it makes sense for Boom Clap and others to be on this tour. Kinda wish I Love It was there too tho lol 

no hate but im so tired of every bad choice from this era being justified because "it's her sellout era"

self titled wasn't her sellout era but she damn well played boom clap, 1999 and i love it