annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Does anyone have an album cover for Honeymoon that has the same font positioning/font style as Born to Die and Ultraviolence? I can't stand the Honeymoon font. I like the photo though, I just don't like the hotlines and other text much...

Music wise, it's great...but I prefer Ultraviolence...

As much as I love Honeymoon, I just knew straight away after my first full listen that it wasn't as good as UV, and I still stand by that comment. Yes, it's a beautiful album and I truly think it's her most mature album and her voice has never sounded so angelic or beautiful before, but it just feels like some of the magic is missing. The production kinda falls flat at moments where on Ultraviolence that was one of my favorite things. UV is also so much more emotional, in my opinion. Honeymoon is a fantastic album but it certainly doesn't top Ultraviolence for me.

Ultraviolence > Honeymoon > Born to Die > Paradise > AKA > Sirens

don't know if anyone noticed but the beginning (the sounds of ckickets that goes for like half of the song) of Gods Knows I Tried is the same used in the beginning of Gods and Monsters in Tropico 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

<<<<< V interview excerpt >>>>>>>>>>
James Franco: Why did you call the new album Honeymoon?

Lana Del Rey: “Honeymoon.” I guess its the word that sums up the ultimate dream. I mean, life is a honeymoon, you know? Life, love, paradise, freedom.. thats forever. With someone, or just with yourself. It just felt right, kind of the way Ultraviolence felt right before that, when I had a little more rage (laughs). I love the concept that life is a dream and you curate your own space so that it becomes your heaven. Its all contingent upon your state of mind, which is why I don’t always do interviews – because it puts me in a bad fucking mood. I really try and keep my world beautiful but its tricky. We’re at a point in time when life truly can be what you want it to be.
<<<< end Quote >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So the followup question I would have asked is: "If Life's a Honeymoon, then what is the marriage?" She should respond a marriage "between spirit and matter" as in @@litewave 's  post 10 in his esoteric origins of mankind thread (Lana thoughts).

Thank you for posting this :)

did anyone know that there are 24 hours in a day? i didnt know until time present but now thats time past or time future?

(honestly there are some lyrics on this album that sound like she read her high school notes from science and history)

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Does anyone have an album cover for Honeymoon that has the same font positioning/font style as Born to Die and Ultraviolence? I can't stand the Honeymoon font. I like the photo though, I just don't like the hotlines and other text much...

Music wise, it's great...but I prefer Ultraviolence...

I made these two last night, if you'd like to use one

HONEYMOON_COVER.jpg

Honeymoon_cover_2.jpg

I find the colours to be really awkward on the official front and back covers of Honeymoon  :toofunny:  i tried to make a cover last night like the ones above using the official back cover but I couldn't do it lmao

did anyone know that there are 24 hours in a day? i didnt know until time present but now thats time past or time future?

(honestly there are some lyrics on this album that sound like she read her high school notes from science and history)

I agree. I was frowning and shaking my head at a lot of the lyrics.

I think that Honeymoon is a good album; it has its highlights... But doesn't do much for me.

I like MTWBT, Freak, TLY, HBTB, and TBD. The rest are "blah" to me as of now. LOL. I think that Ultraviolence was a much better body of work.

I love how that throbbing sound in Art Deco can be heard in the music for The Blackest Day!

Also, I grew to like the cover but after having heard the full album I really cannot connect the music with the artwork? The songs on Honeymoon feel darker than the artwork would suggest? I think of Lana at night on the cover would of worked better?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

so before it really leaked, after UO listening, everyone was orgasming over how good the album sounds and now no one seems really enthusiastic anymore and it sucks, I really love it

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

so before it really leaked, after UO listening, everyone was orgasming over how good the album sounds and now no one seems really enthusiastic anymore and it sucks, I really love it

This is completely normal. The ones who didn't like it that much appear out of nowhere once the people who liked it calm down. Don't let it affect your point of view. :)

I really love it too but I don't have the CD :crying4: and there's nothing really much to talk about

Mfhp.gif

After listening to the whole album a few more times:

The Blackest Day

God Knows I Tried

Music to Watch Boys To

Salvatore

Religion

Art Deco

Terrence Loves You

High By the Beach

Freak

Swan Song

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

Honeymoon

In all honesty, I don't dislike any song on this album.