annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I kind of doubt she will tour again. just a feeling i have, but who really knows?

She said in recent interview she toured for the last 4 years, and is done with it.

Then she says in another recent interview, she'd like to tour.

Queen of no fucking clue what to do next

Queen of undiagnosed alzheimer

i cant wait to hear HBTB live

Yessss! I'm really here for the rock heavy live version of Honeymoon too! I want all of them. Well all but 24 lol!

Just finished my exams for the year & I have been in the biggest Swan Song mood lately 

"and you won't work another daaaayyyy" It actually can be interpreted in such a beautiful, peaceful way if you see it the way I do now 

Just finished my exams for the year & I have been in the biggest Swan Song mood lately 

"and you won't work another daaaayyyy" It actually can be interpreted in such a beautiful, peaceful way if you see it the way I do now 

I'm in the same situation, it's not a funny situation, I'm so tired   :icant:  (TOSTB teas)

8nl2OpX.png

yeah, i dont even care about videos at all. The music is whats important to me.

No touring, no photoshoots, no vids, no promo even, at this point is fine by me..

I'd like more music as well lol, who wouldn't. But she already puts out music at a very fast pace. So I'm down with waiting however long it takes. However, I'm pretty certain she's already working on a new album or ep. I would really like for her to tour this year though! I'm HOPING she does. A) I'd like to see a few Honeymoon songs live and B) my tour date was cancelled last year! :defeated: So come on Lana pull through for me lol.

i would be ok with her not touring as often and instead releasing a bunch of eps+albums+videos instead. honestly.

You have to keep in mind that Lana writes her own material. She ain't Rihanna who gets all written for her and who in the past had yearly releases for her first seven albums.

When you release or write so many songs in a short period of time like Lana, things can get to a point where it lacks something. And maybe we have reached that point with Honeymoon.

I think that a 2year gap would be fine and more exciting production.

You have to keep in mind that Lana writes her own material. She ain't Rihanna who gets all written for her and who in the past had yearly releases for her first seven albums.

When you release or write so many songs in a short period of time like Lana, things can get to a point where it lacks something. And maybe we have reached that point with Honeymoon.

I think that a 2year gap would be fine and more exciting production.

true, but we do know that lana is incredibly prolific (or is capable of such). she could also release stuff that she hasn't yet (songs or demos that HAVEN'T been leaked), re-work or officially release the leaked stuff we do have, release (homemade) videos we haven't seen, etc etc. she has a lot of material to work with already, it's a matter of her wanting to, which i don't think she does. unfortunately. 

also i think from what she's said, touring takes a lot of out of her and may even interfere with her writing. instead of touring so much, she could go live her life and get inspired however she needs to. the other part of the problem is she needs to get out of her comfort zone and work with new people, but that's a different issue.

let me be who i'm meant to be

I personally would love 3 or 4  albums in 2016

included in the 4-

an official Lana Del Ray release

a greatest song double album for the fall (Volume 1 or 1and 2 in a continuing series (maybe something like the Beatles red/blue albums (one early, one more recent)

a live album (perhaps with every single song she ever sung live) in summer

and perhaps a new album in April

and don't forget the soundtrack songs

Is it still too early to wish for a Broadway musical with the score by Lana? (it could or could not be based on Lana herself).

Perhaps Disney, something like Elton's Lion King.  (in fact, Elton can do the music and Lana the lyrics, how cool would that be.)

Maybe Maleficent the Musical with mostly all original songs, and Once upon a dream mixed in).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I personally would love 3 or 4 albums in 2016

included in the 4-

an official Lana Del Ray release

a greatest song double album for the fall (Volume 1 or 1and 2 in a continuing series (maybe something like the Beatles red/blue albums (one early, one more recent)

a live album (perhaps with every single song she ever sung live) in summer

and perhaps a new album in April

and don't forget the soundtrack songs

Is it still too early to wish for a Broadway musical with the score by Lana? (it could or could not be based on Lana herself).

Perhaps Disney, something like Elton's Lion King. (in fact, Elton can do the music and Lana the lyrics, how cool would that be.)

Maybe Maleficent the Musical with mostly all original songs, and Once upon a dream mixed in).

wow let's also have her release a visual album, star as the main character for a hit HBO show, run for president, be the first woman to walk on Mars, gain supernatural powers, etc. ...

title251192345.png

true, but we do know that lana is incredibly prolific (or is capable of such). she could also release stuff that she hasn't yet (songs or demos that HAVEN'T been leaked), re-work or officially release the leaked stuff we do have, release (homemade) videos we haven't seen, etc etc. she has a lot of material to work with already, it's a matter of her wanting to, which i don't think she does. unfortunately. 

also i think from what she's said, touring takes a lot of out of her and may even interfere with her writing. instead of touring so much, she could go live her life and get inspired however she needs to. the other part of the problem is she needs to get out of her comfort zone and work with new people, but that's a different issue.

Well, she may be profilic however in that case a re-release of AKA and adding beloved unreleased songs in re-worked versions would make sense now. Cause now, she has released three albums and one EP. There are also some interesting and upbeat songs on AKA, something she has not officially released in a long, long time now. And I beg to differ that she is capable of writing a whole album within a year or less, cause in the case of HM we see that there needs to be some kind of diversity in terms of pace and dynamics.

Touring is an important part of artistry and business. Not only is it the most money making part of it, that also gives you room to investigate in your future releases if the label is not funding everything, but she also needs to re-connect with her audience in Europe, Australia and South America. And yes, you are right, she for sure needs to work with other people. Rick Nowels and Dan Heath are not the T. Their production simply misses some needed edge and at this point, I wouldn't even mind her working with Emile and Dan Auerbach again. Most importantly, she needs somebody who tells her: Ok girl, these are all beautiful sad songs, but you are putting me in a coma. GIve me something more upbeat. Be better, try harder. 

Sadly, Gaga has snatched Ronson now for producing her next album. I am sure, that probably every producer would be delighted to work with her. She just needs to go for something interesting, challenging and diverse. We see now, that staying in your comfort zone does not really please the public and Lana surely want to be recognized and awared for her work. She made that clear a few times already.