annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I know most of you will be like "Ew, how dare you?", but I think that she should incorporate the background singers and dancers more into the next album, especially visually and with lots of backing vocals for her next album.

Like, let them be part of the album artwork, give the record a weird 60's style sound and such. The girls are absolutely stunning visually and why not? 

A mix between uptempo tracks and ballads 50/50, would be really ideal. It's time to try something new.

I know most of you will be like "Ew, how dare you?", but I think that she should incorporate the background singers and dancers more into the next album, especially visually and with lots of backing vocals for her next album.

Like, let them be part of the album artwork, give the record a weird 60's style sound and such. The girls are absolutely stunning visually and why not? 

A mix between uptempo tracks and ballads 50/50, would be really ideal. It's time to try something new.

visually - yeah. but on the record I would prefer them to use her own voice for backing vox.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

visually - yeah. but on the record I would prefer them to use her own voice for backing vox.

Idk, I think she can be singing backing vocals too, but what a cool idea it would be? It also has not been done by any female singer in recent years, not that I can remember, Dark undertones, a bit vintage. I actually got the idea while I looked at the picture Nicole recently uploaded.

Totally far fetched, but it would also makes sense in my book since Twin Peaks will start airing in 2017. She ain't involved with the soundtrack, but let at least David Lynch feel sorry about it.

And let's face it: HM lacked energy BIG time. With an idea like that she would be kinda forced to bring more dynamics on the record and it would be surprising, like we never saw them coming as a part of her live shows. So why not trying something out? She has nothing to lose at this point. We are bored.

I hope just her vocals on the record. On tour the backup (or more appropriate, anti-backup) singers

I like layered vocals and on tour have them

Still wonder if Brooklyn Baby, had Lou Reed not died and appeared on that song, been the chorus vocals of Walk on the Wild Side

Something like the Beach Boy influence Elton John had on his mega hits like "Someone saved my life tonight"

Roy Orbison had "cheesy" backup singers on tour but they were also NOT on record.

Imagine the "Wrecking Crew" instrumentation

whatever Lana wants

as she never seems to tour in the late fall or winter, we are talking about a 2017 tour anyhow (should she not take time off to have a kid or something

after the release of her next album).

(edit to add- that's random, even for me.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i wish the honeymoon era never happened (except for those few times where she went to award shows and slayed with her auburn hair). just seemed like a waste of a time and a record that couldve been WAY better

for the next album i want amazing cover art not anything like the hm mess, for her to stop singing about leaving the face of the earth like she did multiple in hm, and for her to reinvent herself and show us a new side of lana. with hm we saw nothing new, just a watered down and bland version of both btd and uv. with btd and uv she showed us new and different sides of lana and i want her ti continue that. hm didnt even have a general aesthetic. nothing that made me think back to a time period. overall ive vented a lot about the mess that is hm so yall get what im going for. i could go on for hours talking about everything that is wrong with this album

High By The Beach, Freak, and Religion are definitely on par with her past successes in terms of quality IMO. Definitely better and more fleshed out than tracks on BTD and UV.

Music To Watch Boys To also meshes well with her catalog of singles as well :) I love HM.

I don't like the levels of the bass in some songs , but it's easily adjustable when listening in my car

Looking back HM is the album that I listened the least. That means that is worse than BTD or UV? Musically I think not, in my view BTD is her worst album quality wise (I cannot connect to the most of the lyrics on BTD and some of them are outright cringe-worthy so I listen only to OTTR nowadays). But I think that HM is her emotionally weakest effort and at a end of the day you want to listen to music that will stir some emotions in your soul. Besides HM and TBD no songs on HM have this emotional quality for me. (It's a pity that she doesn't sing TBD live)

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

Looking back HM is the album that I listened the least. That means that is worse than BTD or UV? Musically I think not, in my view BTD is her worst album quality wise (I cannot connect to the most of the lyrics on BTD and some of them are outright cringe-worthy so I listen only to OTTR nowadays). But I think that HM is her emotionally weakest effort and at a end of the day you want to listen to music that will stir some emotions in your soul. Besides HM and TBD no songs on HM have this emotional quality for me. (It's a pity that she doesn't sing TBD live)

You are the most pessimistic person. I don't think you've ever posted anything nice about Lana, or anything or anyone for that matter. All you ever do is go around spreading negativity on this forum. Every thread I read, you're there bashing Lana and complaining about every single thing she does. Are you even a fan of her or are you just trolling, because like???? Honestly get off your high horse, hunny, because I think I speak for all of us when I say that I'm SICK of seeing you constantly complaining. What a Scrooge you are.

I'm really starting to get into this album...before I could only really listen to high by the beach, freak or art deco. I'm starting to really like god knows I tried and swan song.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

You are the most pessimistic person. I don't think you've ever posted anything nice about Lana, or anything or anyone for that matter. All you ever do is go around spreading negativity on this forum. Every thread I read, you're there bashing Lana and complaining about every single thing she does. Are you even a fan of her or are you just trolling, because like???? Honestly get off your high horse, hunny, because I think I speak for all of us when I say that I'm SICK of seeing you constantly complaining. What a Scrooge you are.

To be fair, he expressed his opinion on HM and it's not really like it's something noone else here thinks.

To be fair, he expressed his opinion on HM and it's not really like it's something noone else here thinks.

To be fair, he expresses negative opinions on everything on pretty much every thread and it's something that a lot of us are all getting sick of.

To be fair, he expresses negative opinions on everything on pretty much every thread and it's something that a lot of us are all getting sick of.

Possible, I never really noticed him. I just think that on this occasion it's not as dramatic as you act, it's a critique which you can agree with or not (for example, I don't think BtD is her worst album) but the points considering HM are not really something he just made up.

His opinion on Honeymoon is true though. It almost seems like she wanted to create these grand, beautiful and soothing melodies so much that she stripped the album of anything that would interrupt them - anything real, anything raw and basically anything human. The album is essentialy what critics call it - beautiful state of boredom. We are being  trapped into the impressionistic world of gorgeous landscapes while not having a pulse, feeling anyhow, with no mpulse to even open your eyelids. Its a big fake orgasm you want to impress your lover with big hot moans but with no animality or emotion attached.