ilovetati

What musical direction should Lana go in for LDR5?

I'm predicting Honeymoon+Born to Die=LDR5  :clapback: 

Well, whatever she puts out there, I know that I will like.  :whatever: Also, can't wait to see the first informations and announcements!  :crying:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I'm predicting Honeymoon+Born to Die=LDR5 :clapback:

Well, whatever she puts out there, I know that I will like. :whatever: Also, can't wait to see the first informations and announcements! :crying:

honestly, that’s probably what will happen

I know it's almost impossible, but i still dream on hearing songs with the joyful touch like Dynamite or Queen Of Disaster.

Yet, i'd like if she went for some more experimental stuff, like some people suggested here.

mqdefault.jpg Hey, lift your eyes out my waifu.

i think it'd be interesting for her to go even more stripped down. I'm thinking SIRENS (yes, i liked the JEWEL vibe she was giving) or dig deeper into the world of trip-hop/pop.

I would love to see her do some more movie work with trent reznor and atticus ross. I think it could work with the right songs and tone. I would also love to hear her work with Moby, or even have Moby re-work some of her songs should she ever release a remix album.

I imagine lana singing this lol

"The vintage mustang kids are out / Rolling over hills and the roundabouts / Black tar, tambourine / Playing for the girls in the back seats"

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Lana could easily go back to orchestra X beats without having to do it in the same pop-ish routine as on BtD

Something a little bit like Portishead or Hooverphonic would really work aswell

I was just about to post Portishead vibes too!

Especially if the album was shifting from dirty, organic psychedelic rock (I need more of a hippie era like Cruel World 2.0 rather than Ultraviolence-esque in general) to Massive Attack/Portishead beats with Beth-like stripped down vocals... Something less trap, more downtempo.

Something like Anita Lane's "Dirty Pearl".

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I would like more songs like Shades of Cool. Like, psychedelic music, with guitar solos and scat singing  :flutter:

YES! I'd love a psychedelic vibe to the album! That's kinda how I'm envisioning the album in my head (based off nothing, I admit, but I can dream haha)

Shades of Cool is one of my faves, so I would be more than happy for that kind of song to pop up on LDR5!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I would like more songs like Shades of Cool. Like, psychedelic music, with guitar solos and scat singing  :flutter:

HELL NO. Let that slow boring shit die. Honeymoon was a whole album of that boring shit. Please let the slow stuff go. we got enough.

Maybe AKA And a little bit of btd, I mean I like her pop and rock but incorporating tracks similar to Dangerous Girl would be... amazing x

YESSSSSS. Even a bit of Playing Dangerous! Almost talk rapping.