Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

28 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Do you consider Future Nostalgia an album then? 11 tracks at 37 minutes?

I do. Because it was packed with good songs.

37 mins with only 4-5 songs worth one's time, as it is the case with RO,  is really taking the piss.

You know, I really respect Beyonce for putting out 90 mins of good quality music. Radical Optimism is a great album to compare other albums too this year (because it's that bad).

we just need britney to come back and save pop music already

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Dua stans definitely convinced themselves that she was the saviour of pop music given the success she had with FN--but this album is kinda dull? I think she overpromised the whole "70s psychedelia" sound, because that vibe is just not there lol. It's not a bad album, but it sure ain't a memorable one, it's pretty generic.

The songs sound like concept demo's for FN before they were improved and shaped into real songs. I wonder if these songs are actually new or recorded for FN.

I'm always baffled by artists that take 4/5 years to release a record and then deliver something so mid and boring

Dua Lipa has always been generic and uninteresting in my opinion, but she changed my mind with FN. I thought, "okay maybe she's starting to get it". But no, i see she's still that generic artist i always thought she was. She just got lucky last time. Next :oprah3:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

So.. my top

1. Training Season

2. Houdini

3. Falling Forever

4. These Walls

5. Illusion

6. other:eek:

I'm wondering how she's going to make pop music more serious with an album like this (considering her recent interviews):awkney:

RO needs a second part with a more experiments with sound. immediately:oprah3:

Come on, reanimate it

I don't hate it, it's definitely not what I was expecting from what's been teased. I think if this had been released in 2021 as like Future Nostalgia: Side B or as a companion record; in the style of Carly Rae Jepsen for example. It would've been better received.

I was a little worried when I first heard the singles and I guess there's just not enough evolution or excitement to warrant a 4 year wait? 

But either way it's an enjoyable little album for the summer, just a bit underwhelming.

What are you all talking about- have you not heard the Brit pop, trip hop dance masterpiece that is radical optimism which also happens to be the Uk lemonade :troll:

Don’t forget those psychedelic tunes which are in no way disco inspired 

The whole album screams: Anonimous pop singer played by generic radio station.

And yeah, always disconcerted when an album (so short) that has been teased for so long then is something so hollow and empty, just lifeless. I’m like: “How is it possible?!” :judgingu3:

16 minutes ago, bored said:

I don't hate it, it's definitely not what I was expecting from what's been teased. I think if this had been released in 2021 as like Future Nostalgia: Side B or as a companion record; in the style of Carly Rae Jepsen for example. It would've been better received.

I was a little worried when I first heard the singles and I guess there's just not enough evolution or excitement to warrant a 4 year wait? 

But either way it's an enjoyable little album for the summer, just a bit underwhelming.

when you realise that Lana released OB, BB and Chemtrails in the same time that Dua was prepping this lame-ass glorified EP

or that beyonce dropped both Cowboy Carter and Reneissance.

starting to think dua's overreated