Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

On 6/19/2023 at 8:01 AM, LunaeManifestum said:

Queen should go back to her indie roots. Its where she shines best imo

Agree. I enjoyed Future Nostalgia but a different sound would be more than welcome.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

A trio of Future Nostalgia outtakes l-worded today:

Who Do You Love?  - produced by Cirkut & Jason Evigan (2018) [dare I say the best FN outtake so far?]

Don't Wait For Me - produced by Jason Evigan & Justin Tranter (2019)

Protect Me (From What I Want) - produced by Jason Evigan & Justin Tranter (2019)

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I just got back from watching Barbie and now I get fed these, I am eating so much today holy

Protect Me From What I Want is definitely the best out of these. With the exception of 'Who Do You Love', why do I feel like these are sort of glimpses of what DL3 could pan out to be? Maybe I'm delulu but I can't help but hear hyperpopisms in the other two tracks (PMFWIW & DWFM). With Danny L Harle supposedly being her lead producer on her new record, I feel like it's plausible. I can't get over the chorus on PMFWIW, her vocals were serving - they all sort of sound less finished that some of the earlier FN outtakes that leaked but damn with some better mixing and more additional elements PMFWIW could have been such a standout for me on FN. It's disappointing seeing so many good tracks shelved presumably forever, especially due to some of the tracks on FN and especially TME being easily replaceable, but I suppose they wouldn't have flowed as well as the original album did - here's hoping for an anniversary edition in 10 years time

I suppose I shouldn't be too suprised but seeing some of the comments on her Instagram, particularly those where she's not wearing a lot and showing off the girls, is...disheartening and scary. I hope her friends tell her what posts she shouldn't go into the comments for because :biblio:

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Anyone remember pre- fame Dua?

street-style-london-collections-men-ss14

1670934306611_0.jpg--.jpg?1670934307760

yes we used to talk on snapchat, this when she had only 2 songs out and would use that to connect with fans. qween! 

https://x.com/dlipahungary/status/1693574517040292230?s=46
I’ve always had a conspiracy theory that Lana ghostwrote New Love—the themes and melody just remind me so much of her writing styles—but I wonder if it was just the Emile influence? Anyways 

so cool to say I’ve been a fan since literally day 1

giphy.gif