Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

7 minutes ago, White Dress said:

This is so safe for what I was expecting. Literally could go smack in the middle of FN which isn’t bad per se but like… I was expecting more idk

Chorus is also just such a non-event 

Agreed probably wouldn’t be as let down if not for the terrible descriptions on what to expect people need to stop calling this basic ass music eXpErImEnTaL pls Oprah thesaurus giveaway when :stareney: like parts of this are catchy for sure bridge and outro standout but this is categorically not what people thought it was :air:

As much as I love Tame Impala/Kevin Parker, a lot of his collabs just feel like an extension of his own work. This song could've been on The Slow Rush--and it suffers from the same flaws as well--it's repetitive and all built up with very little release or an underwhelming climax.

Such a safe single, to think Twitter/X gays convinced themselves she's "coming to save pop music"... well not with this one. :blush3:

6 minutes ago, iamjocelyn said:

yeah this is a bit more of the same :um3: maybe it's her transition single and she will slowly evolve into a new sound as singles get released 

Insiders and stans alike were pretty adament about DTNA being the so-called transition single, and this new single being forward and "experimental" :xgiggle:

I love the song, she’s giving me Exactly what I want from her. It does sound like it could’ve been on a Tame Impala album tbh, but that’s what I love about it. I really don’t get why people were expecting it to be avant garde and highly experimental though. Like, this is Dua Lipa she’s quite literally known for making clean polished palatable pop songs :toofunny:

qfrWuBl.png

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

Insiders and stans alike were pretty adament about DTNA being the so-called transition single, and this new single being forward and "experimental" :xgiggle:

i can see why someone would describe dance the night as a transition moment, specially when it comes to the imagery, but to me that felt more like a farewell to the disco era/aesthetic. so far, the rollout strategy seems to be the same of future nostalgia: a soundtrack earlier in the year (swan song / dance the night), social media blackout, debut of a new hair color for the era and a lead single that features a relatively new sound that she previously explored a little bit (don't start now calls back to electricity / houdini's synthpop sound calls back to physical and potion imo). if dua keeps it going, i'm sure the second single will be a more exciting moment 

I listened to the snippet which was released in YouTube, I quite liked it, it was like psychedelic 70s disco (psychedelic is quite Tame Impala hahah, you can see he produced it) but with this new album I really hope that this isn't like 100% Tame Impala (but I obv love his music and production), I want it to have like Dua elements too.

url%5D

2 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I totally forgot about the atrocity that was the blonde bob she had back in 2019 :wat: Oh that was bad

cmon the blonde was cute! that fuckass bob she had in 2018 was way worse

2 hours ago, Inferno Euphoria said:

I totally forgot about the atrocity that was the blonde bob she had back in 2019 :wat: Oh that was bad

her blonde future nostalgia hair was the serve of the century what are u talking about bae…

1 hour ago, marcodelrey said:

Everyone talking about this but what about the masterpiece AURORA just dropped?

we really dgaf

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever