LDRO

Instagram Updates

Lana paying tribute to a grieving family shows how normal Lana is. Users badgering her about her album says more about them than it does about Lana. People don’t know how to stay on topic.

Amen!

Woah woah woah who called the "stay on topic" police

Anyway yes I agree, bringing up COTCC to an unrelated post seems inappropriate to me in general

locals only

The vast majority of people on this thread had no idea who the people in the picture were before she posted that - I find it highly weird and frankly inappropriate that people are using both the very sad death and Lana's tribute post to preemptively justify COTCC being delayed. No one is saying that people should ask for the album in the comments. That would be weird and careless. But I think it's equally inappropriate to start guessing at her state of mind and assume that she's going to delay the album. If it's delayed it's delayed, using a tribute post to start guessing at COTCC isn't the best look.

The only thing i actually find weird (and VERY weird) is the woman posting photos on her brother funeral smiling with the casket on the front and holding balloons like she's at a sweet 16 party  :biblio:  am i the only one? i'm not part of her family but i find it very disrespectful. 

Just a little caption would have gone a long way, that’s all I’m saying. Especially since she posts mostly about her friends and that picture could have been of one of her friends. Mental health is a concerning issue nowadays, and she is not insensitive on that matter, far from it.

The only thing i actually find weird (and VERY weird) is the woman posting photos on her brother funeral smiling with the casket on the front and holding balloons like she's at a sweet 16 party  :biblio:  am i the only one? i'm not part of her family but i find it very disrespectful.

I don't make it my business how people grieve lol. She's literally at her brother's funeral. Some of you are looking for issues that seriously aren't there.

locals only

It’s none of our business. How people chose to grieve is there business. Some funerals are done as more of a celebration of the person’s life.

I don't make it my business how people grieve lol. She's literally at her brother's funeral. Some of you are looking for issues that seriously aren't there.

Exactly.

The same applies to me but, again, i find it very disrespectful. Taking photos of the funeral for your Instagram? i mean...

i thought her post looked a bit weird but for some cultures death is treated differently. in some countries a funeral is literally more like a party. and in the current “covid-culture” documenting funerals is more common than ever for people who can’t attend. it may be strange to certain cultures or to people who take a more traditional view of the concept of death and funerals but mourning is an exceptionally complex thing. i would just leave them be rather than trying to explain it or comment on it. not a dig, just a general observation. i did think the photos were very cheery and strange but it’s just not my place to police peoples acceptance.

She seems to follow this pattern where she acknowledges stuff that's happened, and then announces something/posts something about her work shortly after. After the whole Question for the Culture/BLM debacle, I think she's paranoid about appearing insensitive about stuff.

Most recently, she acknowledged Beirut and then posted the TJF snippet.

So I think she probably intended to post something COCC-related today, and will instead do so tomorrow, out of respect for this boy and his family.

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Oh, ffs.

She can post whatever she likes, but some context in this situation wouldn't have gone astray. Links to help lines, or something of that nature.

The majority of her 16m followers aren't going to care enough to "investigate". It's not a treasure hunt, especially considering the situation.

Maybe she thought people would send their condolences and nobody really needs that as it means nothing from a bunch of people on the internet who can't make a difference or help in any way.

The album will come when it comes....

Lana’s last post was not the place for that.

It's pathetic that anyone is pestering her for the album anyway, she'll post the pre-order whenever she's going to, not by being pushed to by fans. She definitely doesn't care or she'd have responded by now. It isn't her problem that some people are literally on the edge of their seats waiting for her to post something related to the album. I'm obsessed with Lana's music but there's a point where it becomes illogical to even try to get her attention. She's obv seen comments begging for the album pre-order, people should just wait... Everyone is going to have to regardless.