LDRO

Instagram Updates

16 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

i guess chemtrails is really honeymoon's successor

she's just going to drop the date with everything on monday and we won't hear from her until behind the iron gates

This is exactly what I see her doing, too. I think Chemtrails won’t have much promo on her end outside of the music videos, and I’m honestly cool with a lowkey release

Lana working recently Dawes and taking a break to work compiling her next poetry book has me hopeful we’ll get another “vanity project” in the same way Honeymoon was in the future. She’s already had critical acclaim, so I’m thinking maybe she’ll dive into a super specific sound (like the trippy jazz of HM) on her next full-length record.

Then again, Chemtrails could very well be the vanity project equivalent to HM. We’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I’m so conflicted internally because I’m super excited for the poetry and have said before how much I can’t wait for it...

but..

I really wish she would have at least let COTCC have its moment. Violet took over during NFR, she (finally) rolled it out after announcing Chemtrails, and now she’s mentioning her new book before the COTCC era even starts like :rip:

Her OG release date for BTIG was March so I can see it coming around then (especially if she’s finishing it up now) and I can’t wait to see how it ties into Chemtrails but just once it’d be nice to have a solid rollout without another project being brought up 

okay, meltdown over 

"Don’t forget me"

I didn’t interpret Lana being gone a while to mean anything major to be honest! I interpreted it to mean she wouldn’t be posting her little photo dumps or personal moments for the next 6 days. 

I still think she is going to post things related to business - so the album cover, tracklist, and a little clip from the music video on Monday (but then not so much after that)! 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

I didn’t interpret Lana being gone a while to mean anything major to be honest! I interpreted it to mean she wouldn’t be posting her little photo dumps or personal moments for the next 6 days. 

I still think she is going to post things related to business - so the album cover, tracklist, and a little clip from the music video on Monday (but then not so much after that)! 

agreed!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

12 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

tbh i think her contract w simon & schuster might be dictating when she has to turn in the new book...but also i think she gives her focus to whatever she's most interested in at any given moment and now that COCC is finished recording she's probs deep into writing poems again.

I forgot she was partnering with Simon & Schuster! That probably means we’ll have the poetry book without any insane delays (since she’s likely working with a deadline). That may also suggest that her hiatus likely won’t be very long. I’m excited now lol 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

I bet she has the posts scheduled in her instagram app,

she did say in her interview with jack that this album caused her so much internal stress (so we shall see why)

like she is not going to elaborate on much once the single drops the 11th & album... I think she's warning us she won't be super active on social media maybe? no interviews or discussing the art. which I believe no artist should have to discuss their art unless they want to. 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I didn’t interpret Lana being gone awhile to mean anything major to be honest! I interpreted it to mean she wouldn’t be posting her little photo dumps or personal moments for the next 6 days. 

I think that it's just at least a little fair to say that when she says awhile, w her pattern of hardly showing up for things, that that equates to something lengthier. and personally it's fine. she came out w a book, finished a record and starting another book, but I understand what that might mean for others too. 

maybe she'll pull fiona apple type patterns that other might like who knows 

best case scenario are the months that'll pass for the record, if it's coming farther off 

UV/Honeymoon

Just now, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I forgot she was partnering with Simon & Schuster! That probably means we’ll have the poetry book without any insane delays (since she’s likely working with a deadline). That may also suggest that her hiatus likely won’t be very long. I’m excited now lol 

same! publishing deadlines (at least w big books) tend to be more strict than w music (which often seems to get delayed, and not just with lana) so i'm hoping that means BTIG is coming sooner than later.

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, Dragon said:

I think that it's just at least a little fair to say that when she says awhile, w her pattern of hardly showing up for things, that that equates to something lengthier. and personally it's fine. she came out w a book, finished a record and starting another book, but I understand what that might mean for others too. 

maybe she'll pull fiona apple type patterns that other might like who knows 

Yeah, I don’t think she’ll be as active on social media after Monday compared to these past few days! Social media can be so draining and Lana definitely deserves a break if she feels that she needs one! <3 I actually always admired that about her, the fact that she always stuck to her guns and knew what was best for her and just did that.

I can’t wait until we have both Chemtrails and Behind the Iron Gates together. Considering how recently the poetry from the book was written, I definitely think we should see some parallels between the record and her writing (assuming the book was largely written before recording the album). 

Sylvia Plath