LDRO

Instagram Updates

"They were so rich", meanwhile she was living in a trailer park...

I've been around both growing up. I don't have animosity for rich people and wouldn't ask my friends what their parents did, nor did I ask the poor friends I had, what their parents did. 

She clearly grinded it out as a singer for 9 or so years in dive bars. She worked and struggled for what she achieved and it looks like shes still fighting. 

I think Lana confuses being humble and hard working with being average and ‘not rich’ 

I love her, and do think she worked hard for what she got, but I think she gets very defensive because she thinks the fact her family had money detracts from the publics ability to perceive her as deserving of her career or hard working

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

I hope that one day she will tell more about her work with homeless people and drug addicts in New York, because very little is known about that, and that would shed a very different light on her.

https://www.complex.com/pigeons-and-planes/a/pigeons/lana-del-rey-trivia

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

I think Lana confuses being humble and hard working with being average and ‘not rich’ 

I love her, and do think she worked hard for what she got, but I think she gets very defensive because she thinks the fact her family had money detracts from the publics ability to perceive her as deserving of her career or hard working

She had 17,000 in credit card debt before she signed to a miracle deal, out of the blue, and was in seemingly, total free fall before that. 

16 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

She needs to just admit her family was rich idc… if you can get a nose job as a teenager, we’re definitely in different tax brackets lmfao

i don't believe lana starting getting any work done until 2009/2010, when she was being managed by ben and ed, was nose was certainly more pronounced before that point and she clearly didn't have lip fillers either

Lana Del Rey (Lizzy Grant) performing at Nublu, NYC, NY (September 25, 2007)  #lanadelrey | Lana del rey, Lizzy grant aesthetic, Lana del

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I don't even know if Rob had the wealth that is claimed on the books. The dot com bubble was a bizarre and tragic time. A lot of that wealth that was claimed at that time was just mist. He probably didn't have what he claimed he had and it was all floated as an image. 

I don't think she ever had a nose job it was just highly intricate and iconic filler. Cuz her nose has returned to its original form now. It was most pronounced in 2017 you could literally see a lump over her nose bridge the whole LFL era. And I loved it

Looking back at those images in their basement with the guitars and stuff, that looked like it was one of those basements that was frozen in 1970. Lol. They didn't have silly money y'all. 

In the most extreme they were upper middle class, but all kinds of poor people live in Manhattan and can't afford it and have to bail. 

2 hours ago, la otra mujer said:

F8vV88NW0AAfrF7?format=jpg&name=large

Lana commented this in this ig reel 

https://t.co/fu3PKSomil

I'm sorry but when I read this my mind went straight to -

They write that I'm rich and I am - but not how they think

I grew up in a mountain town in a little house

And we struggled as much as everyone else

In the town of 900. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

What’s wrong with being middle class? I don’t really like that she’s trying to convince people her family was poor… I don’t think they struggled with rent or having enough food for everyone, or missing presents for Christmas etc? You can be hardworking and middle class, that’s fine. You can choose to be independent and live with little money in a trailer park and experience what that is like, that’s okay. But I never got the impression that she grew up poor? It’s not like being poor or middle class is better or worse than the other?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The more you folks amplify the contrary, the more I actually believe they were just normal middle class. Robs head was in the clouds and mom was as it seems, pretty abusive and not providing anything for the family.  

Middle class in the late 80s early 90s felt like you were poor.