LDRO

Instagram Updates

1 hour ago, Honeytrails said:

Exactly my point… and those little lies makes it worth questioning if anything she ever said is true.

Reminds me of the day old authenticity argument. 

Honestly, and when she claimed to have never had work done :eartha:

I love lana but i swear some fans on here are so stuck up her ass they'll go with whatever she says and then claim you're not a true fan if you question any of it..when as you can see she clearly has a history of not being totally truthful.

There's also a difference between being a fan of an artist because of their work and idolising them as if they can do no wrong, that whole "true fan" bullshit is so jouvenile

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Honestly, and when she claimed to have never had work done :eartha:

I love lana but i swear some fans on here are so stuck up her ass they'll go with whatever she says and then claim you're not a true fan if you question what she says..when as you can see she clearly has a history of not being totally truthful.

There's also a difference between being a fan of an artist because of their work and idolising them as if they can do no wrong

Her denying not getting any work done when her face was looking the way it did in 2011/12/13 was honestly camp. :eartha:

even if its not true (which it obviously is) she had to fight so hard to be accepted in the industry. she wouldnt have been the “nepobaby” people are claiming she was because she never had an easy way in and was hated for so long. why does it matter either way? :toofunny:

Just now, West Coast said:

Her denying not getting any work done when her face was looking the way it did in 2011/12/13 was honestly camp. :eartha:

right?? and we love her for it!! but honey was lying 

6 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

right?? and we love her for it!! but honey was lying 

I honestly think she was just downplaying fillers.. I’ve had fillers too but wouldn’t consider it “going under the knife” “plastic surgery” or.. “work done”

just like getting eyelash extensions imo lol :oop2:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

The fight isn't even about Lana anymore... apparently it has become a fight about who is poorer and suffered the most. It's strange to say the least that some individuals feel so offended and come out of their holes when some of their privileges are pointed out

I loved some of the arguments given here such as: "my family took trips to Europe, lived in a first world country, paid me a private school... but we were poor i swear!!!!"

You have no idea how sickening it is to be truly poor

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I honestly think she was just downplaying fillers.. I’ve had fillers too but wouldn’t consider it “going under the knife” “plastic surgery” or.. “work done”

just like getting eyelash extensions imo lol :oop2:

It's not surgery but sis knew what people meant when they asked her about it, she looked great i honestly don't know why she didn't just own it, but it was a different time i guess :smokes:

I'm just gonna throw my 2 cents about her lying about getting any work done to her face and leave:

no one (I mean in general) was admitting getting work done 10, 20 years ago. I vividly remember a random magazine comparing lana to adele saying how much lana was worse than adele because she had lip fillers... during that time lip fillers still weren't a trend and seen like a joke

of course it's stupid to lie about such things because we all have eyes and we're not stupid enough to believe someone's face will just change out of thin air, but the media/society was and still is fucking cruel about women's appearences. she was getting bashed and her music criticized because of fillers, her dad's income and the infamous SNL performance all at once.

that being said, at least she's now comfortable enough to not hide it, as she recently took a selfie with the doctor who gives her fillers

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

2 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

okay... but let's be real, her family were definitely well aware of her music career before saturday night live lmao

BrwOjSm.jpg

rob literally promoted the kill kill EP on his old websites

https://web.archive.org/web/20090304191404/http://musicpublishers.com/

i honestly don't really care or have a problem with her possibly growing up rich, but why lie about stuff at all?

i think she probably meant that her parents didn't know she was singing in the big time or about the bigger deals she was making til snl but i don't know she could have been misremembering or lying for whatever reason. i don't know enough about it all but i really don't think she's intentionally trying to sell us a false narrative.

49 minutes ago, Pedriko said:

The fight isn't even about Lana anymore... apparently it has become a fight about who is poorer and suffered the most. It's strange to say the least that some individuals feel so offended and come out of their holes when some of their privileges are pointed out

I loved some of the arguments given here such as: "my family took trips to Europe, lived in a first world country, paid me a private school... but we were poor i swear!!!!"

I assume you're referencing my post but you literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Discuss and argue about Lana all you want, but please, do leave me and MY story out of it. Now I'm being accused of not being "truly poor" when my family is still living in poverty and I have to send them money just to buy milk sometimes. At no point was I trying to PROVE how poor I was because I don't need to? The anecdotes I shared were to point out that poor people can mismanage money and things aren't always what they seem. But thanks for proving my point tho. Truly. Using what you think you know to discredit someone's life. Exactly why Lana is frustrated.

58 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

I've shared this before but there is this comment from someone who was an intern at 5 Points back in 2008, and a lot of what Lana is saying is adding up with this comment.

Can anyone transcribe this please? It just shows up as blank for me :rip:

1 hour ago, Pedriko said:

I think you are talking about indentured servitude scenarios in third world countries and exaggerating that the word poor only applies to the most extreme scenarios. The word I think that is better that you are looking for is poverty or poverty stricken. The lower class is considered overall poor. The lower class can afford a plane ticket. If you have 3 kids and a middle class job you are generally poor or on the edge of middle class. 

Poverty is a condition or state that describes a lack of financial means to meet one's basic needs, like food, shelter, energy, water or clothes, or attain a quality of life beyond basic needs. There are four kinds of poverty typically discussed: absolute, relative, situational, and generational.

Just now, Lavender Sunshine said:

Can anyone transcribe this please? It just shows up as blank for me :rip:

Spoiler

So, I was an intern at 5 Points in 08. She was recording then, about to work with the producer that worked with Regina Spector, at the time. I can confirm she lived in a trailer park for a bit, she would talk about it in a kind of romanticized way. She was broke as hell when I met her, doing odd jobs in Brooklyn to make money while trying to record her music. She talked a lot about loving Elvis and his music, she was really into the whole sorta white trash “making it” Americana vibe so the obsession with Elvis and the talk of the trailer park made sense (my family is originally from the hills of Kentucky so I get it), but she had this sad sort of Leonard Cohen vibe recorded. in person was very sweet. A little shy but bubbly.

I worked on 2 of their other artists (an electronic artist named Emilia Sosa and a country singer that was also a soap star), but I got to meet her a few times when she came into the office and hang out, and was going to be tasked with helping her go shopping and develop an image (I remember talking about going to get clothing with her because she was broke and didn’t have any, and I was close to her age and the only girl at the label so we had hit it off, thus a shopping trip was planned for our future), but I left NYC before that because I hated it, ha, and wanted to move back to Chicago. She was still fairly a new sign, but I did get to hear some demos and she was good.

Was funny years later when she got famous, I did a double take and googled and was like holy shit, I worked with her! Biggest thing I remember is she had these long fake garish nails and the A&R guy wanted her to get rid of them. She was going for a trailer park queen sort of vibe at that moment, and it was a point of argument often, she loved them. Really she was just a broke musician recording music in her tiny apartment trying to get by in NYC like most folks.

I do remember noticing when she got famous that I definitely thought she got her lips injected, I think it was like a rumor for a bit and she for sure looked different, but she looked great so kudos to her. If I finally had some money I’d probably augment some things too, ha.

But yeah, long story short she as very sweet, that label was kinda weird (both of artist and people that worked there, but then again the whole music industry is kinda weird), and randomly working with her was probably the weirdest part of my brief time living in NYC.

faSE.gif