LDRO

Instagram Updates

Anyway, I C a lot of white people here claiming that it's not racist. Nobody cares what you have to say cracker, let the black women speak

oh yes, let’s “fight” racism with calling other people a racial slur! that’s always worked!

/s

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

yall she said what she fucking said... criticize her for not being elegant and careful with what she wrote but everything she said is absolutely valid!

Y'all can police her words but this is the raw unfiltered lana yall been begging for, she said alot of ppl will be scared and she'll NAME them too hssdjdj but seriously all these alt/pop girls came from her fucking artistic womb..like the cultural impact and reset this woman caused with the amount of hate and gate keeping she got from those first 2 records from music critics and feminists and even other artists like Lorde

with all these other women in music who haved benefitted and used lana as a source of inspiration (camilla, hasley, billie, Kali etc) who can express their sexuality and femininity or angst while getting accolades and praise from the media while she was shunned for it..shit im fucking mad for her too y'all srry im heated

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

why did she have to drag other women into this....or if she did, she needed to add a note that says she appreciates what they've done for the "culture". She's getting DRAGGED dragged. I know Lana kinda lives in a bubble and she's always been the one artist I stan and will always stan because her art is just that good, but this is really testing me. I totally understand what she was trying to say, but I don't know why the first paragraph had to be that one

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Are people forgetting that she has worked with Ariana? Why does everything have to always be a "drag"? I'm rereading the post and I still don't get why people are freaking out and making this way bigger than it needs to be.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

yall she said what she fucking said... criticize her for not being elegant and careful with what she wrote but everything she said is absolutely valid!

Y'all can police her words but this is the raw unfiltered lana yall been begging for, she said alot of ppl will be scared and she'll NAME them too hssdjdj but seriously all these alt/pop girls came from her fucking artistic womb..like the cultural impact and reset this woman caused with the amount of hate and gate keeping she got from those first 2 records from music critics and feminists and even other artists like Lorde

with all these other women in music who haved benefitted and used lana as a source of inspiration (camilla, hasley, billie, Kali etc) who can express their sexuality and femininity or angst while getting accolades and praise from the media while she was shunned for it..shit im fucking mad for her too y'all srry im heated

I love your posts, you spill

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

why did she have to drag other women into this....or if she did, she needed to add a note that says she appreciates what they've done for the "culture". She's getting DRAGGED dragged. I know Lana kinda lives in a bubble and she's always been the one artist I stan and will always stan because her art is just that good, but this is really testing me. I totally understand what she was trying to say, but I don't know why the first paragraph had to be that one

Because she simply does not give a fuck. And i think that’s been blatant from the start, she doesn’t care about what everyone says AND THE FEEDBACK FROM THIS LETTER PROVES HER POINT.

Anyone else can say anything that seems “irresponsible” or off putting, yet when she does it she’s trashed and crucified. I think she’s saying she’s done listening to critics and everyone else and she’s going the route she wants, fuck everything and everyone. I think it was apparent in her face when she didn’t win the grammy for best album. She was stunned, shocked, and felt snubbed. SHE DID EVERYTHING THEY WANTED, even after naming her record “Norman FUCKING Rockwell”, but even with an album title like this, she still ended up with the best reviewed record last year

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I lowkey think she's having a midlife crisis too. She's 35 exactly one month today and that's quite a milestone birthday and her last outburst diary entry was about her feelings of inadequacy that she is not a mother yet and obviously the relationship that she has been most public about and seemed to be most promising for her has seemingly deteriorated. Posting a photo half-hiding that you're reading an Alcoholics Anonymous book is also sending a clear signal.

Maybe all her career she's been thinking she'll feel fulfilled once she wins the approval of certain people or publications and being recognised by the Recording Academy. I think coming off the back of her most well-received album after all that hype died down she is not feeling the way she expected to feel. It's odd because she seemed to be genuinely happy during the NFR! album cycle. It was really fulfilling as a fan to see her posts where she was expressing thanks, the IGTV video she did where she was super excited about the reception of the album, the fact she invited so many musicians with smaller audiences to collaborate with her on tour, her pairing with Weyes Blood and Zella Day to sing a song she loved. Everything seemed to be aligning for her.

Now I think the most current state we all associate her with is almost bitterness and anger. I don't think its particularly wise to be posting them or articulating them that way - but she's kept her mouth shut for the most of her career and by continuing to do so that would just prove her point of how feminism has not worked for her because she hasn't been able to express her feelings as they wouldn't be deemed pseudo-progressive or unifying.

I do agree she is not without fault. It is very unfortunate for her that the few times she has directly called people out, they have been black artists. Azealia Banks. Kanye West. Her latest post (Beyonce hasn't even had a no.1 since she duetted with fucking Ed Sheeran on that lame ass song). And her latest flame being a literal TV cop...

Anyway, we know Lana can be very fickle as we have had this audiobook/album dangling over us for 4 months and the poetry book for like 14 months, so I don't think this is going to end well for her or that she will react at all positively to the can of worms she has just opened.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I feel like the reason this is getting a lot of backlash is because a lot of stan twitter etc today are too young and were not around in 2012/12 maybe even 2014 when Lana was getting absolutely fucking hounded by the media. It was really quite unusual and unprecedented. I don't think Ive ever seen such a vicious response to an artist since it happened to Lana. You might say that these other artists have faced criticism as well but it was nowhere near the amount Lana faced by literal mainstream publications back in the day. There was a site called Hipster Runoff which was really quite popular in the music world which literally changed its name to Lana Del Report and spent most of its time making fun of her appearance, her persona, her music, trying to completely destroy the poor girl. And let's not forget the reviews of Born to Die from pitchfork etc. I think Lana probably has trauma from 2011/12 which she has been dealing with for a few years and that's what we're seeing in that instagram post. And btw idk how you can even attempt to make it about race, Lana mentioned those artists because they are the most popular female artists at the moment, not because they are POC. I swear to god the lack of intelligence I see baffles me.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

I feel like the reason this is getting a lot of backlash is because a lot of stan twitter etc today are too young and were not around in 2012/12 maybe even 2014 when Lana was getting absolutely fucking hounded by the media. It was really quite unusual and unprecedented. I don't think Ive ever seen such a vicious response to an artist since it happened to Lana. You might say that these other artists have faced criticism as well but it was nowhere near the amount Lana faced by literal mainstream publications back in the day. There was a site called Hipster Runoff which was really quite popular in the music world which literally changed its name to Lana Del Report and spent most of its time making fun of her appearance, her persona, her music, trying to completely destroy the poor girl. And let's not forget the reviews of Born to Die from pitchfork etc. I think Lana probably has trauma from 2011/12 which she has been dealing with for a few years and that's what we're seeing in that instagram post. And btw idk how you can even attempt to make it about race, Lana mentioned those artists because they are the most popular female artists at the moment, not because they are POC. I swear to god the lack of intelligence I see baffles me.

I agree with what you're saying, but I just wish it went through her head that having the first paragraph about mainly WOC artists would have all of their stans close instagram and just drag her on twitter without reading any of the message.

I lowkey think she's having a midlife crisis too. She's 35 exactly one month today and that's quite a milestone birthday and her last outburst diary entry was about her feelings of inadequacy that she is not a mother yet and obviously the relationship that she has been met public about and seemed to be most promising for her has seemingly deteriorated. Posting a photo half-hiding that you're reading an Alcoholics Anonymous book is also sending a clear signal.

Maybe all her career she's been thinking she'll feel fulfilled once she wins the approval of certain people or publications and being recognised by the Recording Academy. I think coming off the back of her most well-received album after all that hype died down she is not feeling the way she expected to feel. It's odd because she seemed to be genuinely happy during the NFR! album cycle. It was really fulfilling as a fan to see her posts where she was expressing thanks, the IGTV video she did where she was super excited about the reception of the album, the fact she invited so many musicians with smaller audiences to collaborate with her on tour, her pairing with Weyes Blood and Zella Day to sing a song she loved. Everything seemed to be aligning for her.

Now I think the most current state we all associate her with is almost bitterness and anger. I don't think its particularly wise to be posting them or articulating them that way - but she's kept her mouth shut for the most of her career and by continuing to do so that would just prove her point of how feminism has not worked for her because she hasn't been able to express her feelings as they wouldn't be deemed pseudo-progressive or unifying.

I do agree she is not without fault. It is very unfortunate for her that the few times she has directly called people out, they have been black artists. Azealia Banks. Kanye West. Her latest post (Beyonce hasn't;t even had a no.1 since she duetted with fucking Ed Sheeran on that lame ass song). And her latest flame being a literal TV cop...

Anyway, we know Lana can be very fickle as we have had this audiobook/album dangling over us for 4 months and the poetry book for like 14 months, so I don't think this is going to end well for her or that she will react at all positively to the can of worms she has just opened.

You’re not wrong, although the week after NFR dropped, she said she wants the next record out within 12-13 months, so maybe she planned this album better than the last.

At the same time, it seems as though she might’ve been happy but she was also planning this post. About a month or two after NFR! dropped, she posted a pic of an article praising NFR! and she said she kind of feels bad for Norman (album)’s little sister she’s cooking up , most likely bc she knows it will get the lack of respect it deserves and will be dismissed and prolly hated compared to NFR

giphy.gif

I agree with what you're saying, but I just wish it went through her head that having the first paragraph about mainly WOC artists would have all of their stans close instagram and just drag her on twitter without reading any of the message.

Yeah i think that was a stupid move for her. I am sure she sent it to someone before posting it. I'm mad that Ben/Ed or someone from her team didn't make her rephrase the first part. It's an album announcement with a release date so I'm pretty sure someone would have had to know she was posting that. 

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Im just glad Lanas gonna stop trying to please the critics and go back to making her most authentic music. NFR was deff her trying to appeal more to critics. I loved it, but Im excited for new material thats reminescent of B2D or UV.

Edit: makes me think of BAR going from emotional to super happy n sexy. I love both versions but I wonder if this was her appealing to critics. Could also just be she genuinely wanted a happy version of it instead.

Im just glad Lanas gonna stop trying to please the critics and go back to making her most authentic music. NFR was deff her trying to appeal more to critics. I loved it, but Im excited for new material thats reminescent of B2D or UV.

tbh I don't think she's gonna follow through on writing more raunchy songs

oh yes, let’s “fight” racism with calling other people a racial slur! that’s always worked!

/s

Since when was cracker a racial slur...dont you have some indigenous people to colonize x

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Since when was cracker a racial slur...dont you have some indigenous people to colonize x

oof sis, this is not a good look

giphy.gif

I will also always find it fucking HILARIOUS how Lana was constantly ridiculed and dismissed for something as trivial as having lip fillers when she debuted. IMAGINE if that were the case today. And I honestly think she was one of the reasons Kylie Jenner first got lip fillers - she used to post Lana lyrics as captions on her Instagram and clearly looked up to her. She is the blueprint.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Why are you being racist towards white people on a site about a white artist thats owned by a white person...... - a WOC