LDRO

Instagram Updates

Melanie Martinez, Zendaya, Bella Hadid, Jeremy Zucker, Dermot Kennedy and NICKI MINAJ HERSELF literally liked her post. Has anyone mentioned this?

Both of her managers are liking the post, so I hope she's not delete it.

Anyway, she sould know better.

What post are you talking about... i checked the likes on the letter post and none of those people liked it lol

oh, nice

well, sis just cancelled herself by only namedropping black artists (aside from Ari - but isn't she practically an honorary POC at this point lmao) and ostensibly feeding into the racial stereotype that these women are wanton but she, by virtue of being white, isn't

(even though she literally makes a reference to Dance For Money in her next sentence and that wasn't what she was saying at all)

rip

i will say she made several points though, i only wish she thought a bit more about phrasing and maybe realized that anything that comes out of her mouth people will take as advocacy

(because everything's fucking literal these days and art isn't allowed to be itself anymore)

also presave WHF out sep 5th

rihKQ8M.gif

:oopna2:

That post certainly had a lot of information to unpack. Read through a lot of pages... all I will say is, I understand a few who are defending her, but mostly agree with those who believe the post should've been worded differently or not created at all. She could've ranted among her close circle to get it off of her chest first, but we know she doesn't think things through and is ignorant to the consequences of her actions... She's endured a lot of harsh treatment and criticism in her career, but to mention someone like Beyoncé as if her fight has ended because of her success sort of erases the fact that she has endured a lot worse and will continue to. You have to take into account the racism and misogyny in the genre some of the women she's mentioned work in; they have to fight against issues that she'll never have to face because of her background.

At least a new album is coming... just take her words as a grain of salt this time. We don't have to repeat the dreadful wait we had to endure during the NFR era

:coffee:

Literally all she needs to say is “Part of uplifting women is letting them tell their own stories, and not putting words in their mouth- I see that I failed to take my own advice. I’m sorry ladies, I hope you can forgive me for using your names, art, and identities in my arguments without first asking for your permission and opinions. Nothing but love & support,” like that’s IT LMFAO

that is actually so good lmaooo

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

some of them did

Jeremy Zucker liked it. Sevdaliza did, Bella Hadid commented on it. Weyes Blood liked it as well

Lili Reinhart and Cindy Kimberly liked it as well but now unliked. Probably got scared of a backlash.

giphy.gif

I dont at all think Lana was trying to say they dont/never endured hardships though lol

i dont think so either its just that some of the artists she mentioned have bc they were black and women in the industry it sucks that she would put out that message like that. it really makes her look ignorant

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

this whole thing is so scary bc lana has so much problematic shit that is either visible or can be very easily dug up

-ride headdress

-acting like a chola in tropico

-the video of her pretending to be r*ped

-the lizzy grant lyrics that are bordeline pedophilia

-lolita and ultraviolence

This stuff will just appear surface level and make her look HORRIBLE

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

What post are you talking about... i checked the likes on the letter post and none of those people liked it lol

Wait, u right, now I'm confused.

but I can't find any other Lana post that was liked by those people. Now I'm not sure what I see.

Bye, I'm dumb.

What you’re saying is that because Lanas hard work has payed off, and she now has a platform to be as honest and open as she wants, and because she pointed out a double standard faced by ALL women in the industry , and that makes her racist for not acknowledging those women’s struggles as well? Like they’re not all Privelaged rich people lol.... Lana was basically blacklisted by critics for the majority of her career lol. Think she deserves a say

you sound so ignorant.....

As usual, a horrible day to be a Lana stan

the victim mentality from her really did seep down to yalls brains huh?