LDRO

Instagram Updates

I mean no, not really. People have gone out of their way to explain why what she said was insensitive, the bigger picture, give her the benefit of the doubt, etc. Some people are quick on the draw here and some are frustrated, which translates into what they say and how they say it, but people have gone into exhaustive detail trying to explain the very concept of subtle and unintended racism. Just because you don't see it that way doesn't mean that all the responses are the same as stan twitter's quick memeification, abstractions, and essentialisms, and representing it as that isn't a good look.

Β 

That's fair. But my whole point is, some of y'all act like what Lana wrote was "These women get a free pass just because they are POC" (Ariana not included, obviously) thereby disregarding, invalidating and overlooking their personal hardships, but also the hardships they experience as minorities, and that's specifically what Lana did not write.

Is anyone going to adress the fact that she wrote all that to kinda promote her upcoming releases?Β 

Β 

No. Sorry. She didn't write this to promote. She's not that stupid.

That's fair. But my whole point is, some of y'all act like what Lana wrote was "These women get a free pass just because they are POC" (Ariana not included, obviously) thereby disregarding, invalidating and overlooking their personal hardships, but also the hardships they experience as minorities, and that's specifically what Lana did not write.

No one is saying that. Please stop misrepresenting what me and other people are saying just because you don't see the racial implications and don't care to try.

locals only

Is anyone going to adress the fact that she wrote all that to kinda promote her upcoming releases?

Β 

i don’t think it was a good idea though,, literally four people are talking about her actual upcoming album now

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

No one is saying that. Please stop misrepresenting what me and other people are saying just because you don't see the racial implications and don't care to try.

Β 

Fair enough. Have a good one, Pins. x

I swear to god I don't even feel comfortable trying to explain this because it's totally "NOT MY PLACE" yet I feel angry that someone so loved and that could be a voice would decide to just stumble and sound bitter over nothing. My post is full of stumblings itself because I just can't process how she really decided to write that down, upload, read and think "I did THAT".

idk if she’s just disconnected from reality right now...maybe she doesn’t have anyone that will tell her how it is in her inner circle? a lot of yes woman and men around her.

Is anyone going to adress the fact that she wrote all that to kinda promote her upcoming releases?

Β 

Lana is many things but an attention whore is not one of them.

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

No. Sorry. She didn't write this to promote. She's not that stupid.

Β 

Maybe she kinda is 'cause that's exactly what she did even if those weren't her intentions.Β 

Β 

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

I've lost count of the number of times Lana had been "cancelled" according to some jerks on Twitter or IG because Lana wrote something supposedly weirdly worded, so I'm not worried about the effect of her latest post. :)

yea but this time is truly different... she usually gets backlash within smaller areas of twitter and no one really acknowledges it.. but shes currently trending with 800k tweets and its only growing...Β 

I've lost count of the number of times Lana had been "cancelled" according to some jerks on Twitter or IG because Lana wrote something supposedly weirdly worded, so I'm not worried about the effect of her latest post. :)

Yeah, cancel "culture" is definitely a thing but it's rare that people actually get "cancelled." I can't think of anyone who got cancelled that hasn't bounced back. I mean, James Charles has a TV show now or whatever that weird thing is. This won't impact her in the long run.

locals only

Maybe she kinda is 'cause that's exactly what she did even if those weren't her intentions.Β 

Β 

That was just for her fans. Like, oh and you guys, WHF is coming September. Do you think anyone who's reading this and dragging her will care when her album comes out? :lmao: And if she announced the release date post-this, y'all were gonna say oh so she posted that to get everyone's attention and weeks later she's promoting her album! omg!Β 

Β 

:rip:

Yeah, cancel "culture" is definitely a thing but it's rare that people actually get "cancelled." I can't think of anyone who got cancelled that hasn't bounced back. I mean, James Charles has a TV show now or whatever that weird thing is. This won't impact her in the long run.

i dont doubt lana will bounce back, they always do. but i think this definitely might have put a stain on her image.Β