LDRO

Instagram Updates

Obviously Stan twitter isn't the place for nuanced discussions because of the nature of twitter

Yup, and somehow some of than non-sensical, no nuance, exaggerated, taken out of context and blown out of proportions type of discourse made its way on here.

Exactly this :lmao: Abel is the male equivalent to LDR yet he never faced any fucking criticism. Okay so he can sing about being oh so sorry for putting a woman into a terrible psychological situation but Lanz can't sing from the woman POV? :rip: Jesus Christ. Yes. Twitter stans are sick in the head. Also I read a post about how Twitter stans get so mad when a woman speaks her mind lol...

Exactly. I hate how even in music the narrative is that if the abuser is a male no one will call him out for singing straight up disgusting acts towards mainly women. In fact it's fucking glorified in some ways.

Imagine if Lana flipped the narrative and sung about drugging then raping a man like The Weeknd suggests on his track High For This to a girl. That would end her career.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Love her but this mess is the worst thing she could just bring to herself.

She sounds bitter and over nothing. It's very "I wish I was dead" circa 2014 when for the last 6 years she's been receiving nothing but acclaim from critics and even general public.

It was Bad worded, with a thin veiled racism. Why didn't she didn't address her frustrarion about the males that always get away with the same stuff she mentioned? Why did she pick the black girls that also got the same criticism for being sexual in her songs?

It really just makes no sense. If she's also really that bothered about people getting #1, maybe she should stand her lazy ass and get out of Instagram and actually promote her music (and let it fucking speaks for itself instead of putting clown make up on for this mess).

I don't really care about her intention, this is just trash that she should have kept to herself instead of trying to paint herself as a victim. She overhauled every critic ever since her Ultraviolence days and should be happy about it. If she wants to go back to singing about being raw-ed about some 70YO outlaw, go for it girl, just don't expect that people will care about you at all. But I guess that's also not a problem for someone who wanted just to live "out of her poetry singing for the ones who understand and care about me"

The whole thing is just so bad because she keeps stumbling. She talks about #1, about critics, about feminism and yet just... got nothing.

Yup, agree 100% !

this is all I'm gonna say on the matter: i think ldr fumbled the word choice big time. however, i really don't think she was trying to "drag" or "shade" anyone. i definitely feel like it'd be dumb to just excuse what she said 100%, but she also brought up a lot of valid points , as well. her point about feminism and how it's portrayed in the popular music industry was incredibly poignant and something that I've been trying to articulate surrounding the public's view of lana for some time, now. never did she say anything negative about those women, and it's also important to note that she didn't just mention WOC. i think her point is more along the lines of "how come feminism has become so restrictive in this day and age that the singular viewpoint of it is that women need to be strong and independent all the time? and why is there no room in a space that claims to be about empowerment for a woman like me to make music about my personal experiences?" and that's a point i sympathize with heavily. i think if she had articulated it differently, people would have easily understood it and there wouldn't have been this abundance of controversy surrounding it.

giphy.gif

honestly let’s just take the L and wait for her response :crossed: doja already said “gang sunk that dunker”

doja cant drag lana honestly, she doesnt have the range nor the career/talent to back her up! plus dr luke is on her side

like Lana is mad that Beyonce and kehlani sing about cheating and twerking... maam you have a catalog of 200+ songs talking about being a lolita protege,  having sex with older men to benefit you and literally be the side piece of a cheating man, like come on now miss Lana. YOU SANG THE OTHER WOMAN AND SAID THAT WAS A LIFE EXPERIENCE OF YOURS

That is the point of the whole post baby. Her putting out 2 albums about that and getting all the criticism in the world but when other people did it they got praised.

Love her but this mess is the worst thing she could just bring to herself. 

She sounds bitter and over nothing. It's very "I wish I was dead" circa 2014 when for the last 6 years she's been receiving nothing but acclaim from critics and even general public.

It was Bad worded, with a thin veiled racism. Why didn't she didn't address her frustrarion about the males that always get away with the same stuff she mentioned? Why did she pick the black girls that also got the same criticism for being sexual in her songs? 

It really just makes no sense. If she's also really that bothered about people getting #1, maybe she should stand her lazy ass and get out of Instagram and actually promote her music (and let it fucking speaks for itself instead of putting clown make up on for this mess).

I don't really care about her intention, this is just trash that she should have kept to herself instead of trying to paint herself as a victim. She overhauled every critic ever since her Ultraviolence days and should be happy about it. If she wants to go back to singing about being raw-ed about some 70YO outlaw, go for it girl, just don't expect that people will care about you at all. But I guess that's also not a problem for someone who wanted just to live "out of her poetry singing for the ones who understand and care about me"

The whole thing is just so bad because she keeps stumbling. She talks about #1, about critics, about feminism and yet just... got nothing.

This is actually the perfect response to this mess.

it just seems so weird that she never read that back after writing it and thought hm, this kind of makes these specific artists i'm mentioning seem like the target of this angry sentiment ? - i want to believe they weren't. 

someone already said it here but why not call out the critics by name instead?  that, to me, seems to be where the anger is coming from

Also, for fucks sake, she's putting herself in the same place as these girls. why is that hard to understand? She's speaking up AGAINST the industry.

This discussion explores areas that Lana didn't cover, and I'm sure didn't even think about covering, in her original post.

She's literally just expressing frustrations from a personal perspective; seeing other women being celebrated (for the most part, there will always be haters) for being their exuberant, bold, fearless, magnificent self and expressing their womanhood however the fuck they want, but when she did that not so long ago she was dragged through the pits and that's all there is to say.

Funny how a week ago y'all were all for Lana expressing pain over Mother's Day and that was somewhat acceptable for a modern woman to say "you know what, Mother's Day is kinda bullshit", but for her to put some perspective and trying to understand why she was hated this damn much the first couple years after she popped on the scene, that's a no no, because she happened to have mentioned other very successful female artists and put some perspective to what she was trying to point out. 

This board is, and will forever be, a joke.

Yup, and somehow some of than non-sensical, no nuance, exaggerated, taken out of context and blown out of proportions type of discourse made its way on here.

I mean no, not really. People have gone out of their way to explain why what she said was insensitive, the bigger picture, give her the benefit of the doubt, etc. Some people are quick on the draw here and some are frustrated, which translates into what they say and how they say it, but people have gone into exhaustive detail trying to explain the very concept of subtle and unintended racism. Just because you don't see it that way doesn't mean that all the responses are the same as stan twitter's quick memeification, abstractions, and essentialisms, and representing it as that isn't a good look.

locals only

Love her but this mess is the worst thing she could just bring to herself.

The whole thing is just so bad because she keeps stumbling. She talks about #1, about critics, about feminism and yet just... got nothing. [/]

THISSSSSS

This is actually the perfect response to this mess.

Yup, agree 100% !

All of this

I swear to god I don't even feel comfortable trying to explain this because it's totally "NOT MY PLACE" yet I feel angry that someone so loved and that could be a voice would decide to just stumble and sound bitter over nothing. My post is full of stumblings itself because I just can't process how she really decided to write that down, upload, read and think "I did THAT".

This discussion explores areas that Lana didn't cover, and I'm sure didn't even think about covering, in her original post.

She's literally just expressing frustrations from a personal perspective; seeing other women being celebrated (for the most part, there will always be haters) for being their exuberant, bold, fearless, magnificent self and expressing their womanhood however the fuck they want, but when she did that not so long ago she was dragged through the pits and that's all there is to say.

Funny how a week ago y'all were all for Lana expressing pain over Mother's Day and that was somewhat acceptable for a modern woman to say "you know what, Mother's Day is kinda bullshit", but for her to put some perspective and trying to understand why she was hated this damn much the first couple years after she popped on the scene, that's a no no, because she happened to have mentioned other very successful female artists.

I repeat, very few people have said she shouldn't express these views. Recognising the racial insensitivities doesn't mean that the rest of it was invalid. It was poorly worded at the beginning, again, something that loads of people here have recognised.

locals only

If she's also really that bothered about people getting #1, maybe she should stand her lazy ass and get out of Instagram and actually promote her music (and let it fucking speaks for itself instead of putting clown make up on for this mess).

spot on

at the end of the day her and everyone she mentioned in that article are extremely privileged and im surprised people have become so outraged with her opinion??? like just ignore her if you dont like it lmao 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Funny how a week ago y'all were all for Lana expressing pain over Mother's Day and that was somewhat acceptable for a modern woman to say "you know what, Mother's Day is kinda bullshit", but for her to put some perspective and trying to understand why she was hated this damn much the first couple years after she popped on the scene, that's a no no, because she happened to have mentioned other very successful female artists and put some perspective to what she was trying to point out. 

This board is, and will forever be, a joke.

Exactly this. Lana has always, and will always, speak from a very personal and emotional perspective. She's not putting anyone down. She's expressing her sadness and angriness. Yes, she's a critics darling now, but did y'all forget how much did it take? All the criticism? Homegirl has a fucking trauma bc of SNL, and it shows.