LDRO

Instagram Updates

Can I say something as an european? Yeah she shouldnt have mentioned those female artists. But I don't get why in the USA you're all so obsessed with seeing racism even where it's evident there is none. She mentioned black women AND white women. It's clear it's not a racism issue.

What do you mean Ariana isn't black? :creep:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I think, in her confusing Lana way, she's giving a heads-up that her next album will be a return to her earlier persona (  :party: ). Sounds like behind the scenes someone (producer? industry people?) might have criticized that, and she's like, "no, things have changed in 10 years, all these other women can write about the topics I've been criticized over and it's not a big deal anymore, in fact they have great success with it, so why shouldn't I?" It really sounds like she is responding to someone in particular, but she put it out there with zero context.  :point:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Honestly? It's true that in this time and age one should speak as clearly as possible. But I'm also tired of witch hunts, judgement on intentions and scapegoating. These people aren't woke. These people are even more ignorants than the ignorant ones. Getting Lana down, for things she didn't say, will not advance the women of POC causes.

Sadly tho until Cancel/Woke culture dies or changes for the better we all will have to talk to each other like five year olds. I hate it as much as anybody else but until common sense makes a comeback we'll just have to live with it unfortunately.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

do people realise that this was a draft of a thinkpiece about her place in the feminism spectrum and the misogyny she has been through throughout the years...... the way some keep making this a race issue.... the namedropping wasnt necessary but it did help make a point about how meaning of feminism and female empowerment have shifted throughout the years  :facepalm:

giphy.gif

didn't Doja get to number one in parts due to her promising to show off her tits or something? Also, while 'Say So' is a bop, where are my good up in arms feminist sisters at? Don't they know that the song was produced by our good pal Dr Luke?  :rip:

girl give it up. The tit thing was a joke, and even if it wasn't so what? i wouldn't take doja's comment so seriously, she's always playing around. 

her contract began before kesha's injunction & she was also very young when she signed the contract too.... 

I found it on Twitter and tbh I think she meant this

Doja comes across as a little unhinged to me, so I don't know whether she was fucking around in her own weird Doja way or if she wants to throw hands with Lanz

girl give it up. The tit thing was a joke, and even if it wasn't so what? i wouldn't take doja's comment so seriously, she's always playing around. 

her contract began before kesha's injunction & she was also very young when she signed the contract too.... 

Thank you for your valuable input and upon your personal request I shall disconnect from LanaBoreds.  :flop:

this was definitely really stupid of her to say but she’s said so much dumb shit no one will care about this in like 2 days

But I don’t get why it was necessary

Sis is overthinking in quarantine and decided to remember 2012

this was definitely really stupid of her to say but she’s said so much dumb shit no one will care about this in like 2 days

But I don’t get why it was necessary

Uh, I don't think she just suddenly got flashbacks from all the unnecessary bullshit she received in 2012. I feel like Lana is very cautious of what she says or does, because she's constantly being reminded by hollier than thou Twitter bitches that she's "problematic".

Also, her receiving acclaim over NFR, which is her most beige and lyrically tamed/least controversial album thus far, also probably felt like bullshit after all these years of being treated like the laughing stock of the indie scene.

not people calling her racist when she has Whitney Houston, Nina Simone, and Bille holiday tattooed on her chest :toofunny:

What does it have to do with anything? You can appreciate POC art whilst being completely ignorant about social issues POC are facing.

Having one gay friend doesn't automatically make you an all knowing ally.

I'm late to the party, and I have no will to stay, but her post was magnificent. This is something we've all been saying for the past 10 years; something the industry has realized just 2 years ago... and now Lana herself has exploded. (Her dominant Pluto jumped out)

The first part was poorly written, but the rest is great (overall). 

People thinking this is racist... what the fuck.

Old Lana is back

Yes.

I feel like some of you aren't understanding that she could have done this without name-dropping and shaming female artists of color. She says "wearing no clothes, fucking" like their negative things. That's at least how I perceived it. As someone who is becoming a sex worker, hearing her say those things was a real punch to my self-esteem, especially coming from my favorite artist. I don't want to feel shamed and I know I'm not the only one who felt shamed and de-powered. 

No, she's not saying being naked and fucking are negative things. She herself has made entire albums abou that :rip: The industry made her think they're negative. Which is the point of her whole post. 

She's clearly saying "I was shamed for this in the past - maybe culture's moved far enough through these other artists that I can do what I've always done, and not be shamed for it anymore." Unfortunately we live in a world where people get clicks and cash by misunderstanding people's obvious intentions ...

You got it.