Cashew

Lana @ TW Classic in Belgium on 9th of July, 2016.

I'm so happy she tried to improve her show. They were really getting repetitive/boring/not worth the money.

I hope she practices more. The next step is definitely changing the setlist. Cruel World, Blue Jeans/Born to Die, West Coast, High By the Beach, Lolita, Video Games and Off to the Races should stay, but the rest...

Music to Watch Boys To with the dancers would be SO cool.

Also, her shows are so much better at night. Her light show is always on point.

The band was amazing as usual.

I'm so happy she tried to improve her show. They were really getting repetitive/boring/not worth the money.

I hope she practices more. The next step is definitely changing the setlist. Cruel World, Blue Jeans/Born to Die, West Coast, High By the Beach, Lolita, Video Games and Off to the Races should stay, but the rest...

Music to Watch Boys To with the dancers would be SO cool.

Also, her shows are so much better in the night. Her light show is always on point.

The band was amazing as usual.

I totally think it would be better at night toooooo

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

Some media reactions from Belgium said that she was misplaced at a festival that emphasized on rock. Some fans said on twitter that she was sad at the reaction of the public. So fuck them. She needs to thicken up. Of course that a bunch of tattooed, beer belly, bald, older shit machines didn't connect with her melodramatic style. They waited for the Boss and many of them had no clue who she was.

But this could be a problem in the upcoming festivals and she needs to deal with it because it was also her decision to do these festivals. She needs to wake up from her biter-sweet melancholy dream state and face the fact that she has a career worth saving. What she expected tbh? That she'll have the Coachella crowd from 2014 when her career was at the highest point with a lot of LA fans coming just to see her? Since than we had the UV and HM eras with no promo, a lot of stupid interviews and boring videos happened which put her on a downward spiral career wise. So she needs to put herself in the career building mode again which is not easy and sometimes it's just not working despite the artist best efforts. 

So, I'm a little concerned for her upcoming festival events especially for Lola because that comes with huge media exposure and that performance will definitely count in her perception stateside. But I say it again: she needs to be bold, she has nothing to lose, she cannot cancel these shows and run away, she has to go forward no matter what and she needs to ditch this ridiculous frighten rabbit act regarding her performances. The fact that she tweaked her show is the step in the right direction. I'm rooting for her and the best case scenario will be that 2016 will mark the transformation of LDR in a confident performer

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

Her vocals on Off To The Races were exceptional...do we have a full video maybe?

Also, where did it happen that she asked the crowd to sing along and she was met with complete silence? Was it on Yayo? Or Lolita? Which song? I hope it didn't happen multiple times... :facepalm:

Her vocals on Off To The Races were exceptional...do we have a full video maybe?

Also, where did it happen that she asked the crowd to sing along and she was met with complete silence? Was it on Yayo? Or Lolita? Which song? I hope it didn't happen multiple times... :facepalm:

I think it was VG, I'm pretty sure she mentioned it as she finished up with Yayo.

qpgosw.jpg

Honestly this wasn't really her show, she did so much effort for it but it seems to me she was bummed by how unsupportive the audience was.. I think Lana takes matters at heart so if the audience aren't willing to enjoy her show it reflects on her performances.

https://youtu.be/t0o9LLigyWM

Lana seemed more like an opening act to Bruce Springsteen, there was a 180 degree difference in the atmosphere of the two shows.

Lana needs her audience if she prefers to not appeal to other demographics otherwise she'll have to put further effort to appeal to non Lana fans.

Also Lana might not spot a group of her fans across the crowd or maybe she was anxious or generally bummed from the show to go down and meet the crowd.

I really love the efforts she did for this show, her backup dancers need to backup a bit.

I don't think we are getting any new merchandise since this isn't an official tour... (I think)

they sold some of the old and the new (the birth date shirt) merch in poland last month.

i76mrxw.png 

I'm just upset with a lot of the reaction from the stupid twitter and Instagram stans, acting as if she's died but at the same time spreading stuff like she's forced by her label into getting the dancers.

It's patronizing and condescending to imply that Lana can't make her own artistic decisions. She's a grown-ass woman, and since when did she ever listen to her label? This is the first new thing Lana's dared to do artistically at her shows, and some of her fans are spreading rumours that she was forced to have them, despite the post that she loves them and previous interview. It's hypocritical to act so disgusted and upset because a festival crowd were unresponsive and then imply that this 30 year old woman can't make her own decisions without being a puppet of Interscope... Jesus.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

ah fuck it, just wrote a whole big thing and sliped and the page went back and its gone. I have never seen that on any board but this one. Usually one can just hit the arrows forward and the writing is stll there.

Fuck it. Later.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'm just upset with a lot of the reaction from the stupid twitter and Instagram stans, acting as if she's died but at the same time spreading stuff like she's forced by her label into getting the dancers.

It's patronizing and condescending to imply that Lana can't make her own artistic decisions. She's a grown-ass woman, and since when did she ever listen to her label? This is the first new thing Lana's dared to do artistically at her shows, and some of her fans are spreading rumours that she was forced to have them, despite the post that she loves them and previous interview. It's hypocritical to act so disgusted and upset because a festival crowd were unresponsive and then imply that this 30 year old woman can't make her own decisions without being a puppet of Interscope... Jesus.

totally agree. ppl who post she was forced by the label are just the pits. 

Lana's vocals were really on point, and those Bruce Springsteen fans were really rude during her performance, really annoyed me. The media here in Belgium did really like her set but indeed are saying that she was a bit misplaced on the festival. 

This was my fifth time seeying her and it was one of her best shows, but i felt a bit sad for her...

I've seen some fans on Instagram say that whoever is attending the show in Russia today should talk to people in the audience and tell them that Lana had a bad show yesterday and they should really cheer her up... which is stupid, I mean Lana is a grown ass woman and her fans treat her like she's a child who can't take criticism :facepalm: I don't know what Lana was expecting tbh, in a festival where the lineup consists of Bruce Springsteen, Lionel Richie and Simply Red she obviously won't go down well