Cashew

Poppy

Flux Poppy was bad omfg- Flux was just a live album (as confirmed too) with awful mixing (a lot of people voiced about not being able to understand what Poppy was saying in the tracks). She wasn't indie during her Altar(?) era. You can like her metal sound all you want but excluding that I'mma have to rank; Bubblebath (if it was a full album) > Am I a Girl? > Poppy.Computer (everyone saw this as a joke, if you like it you probably like Love + Fear and sumn too) > Flux

1 minute ago, Desert lamp said:

It was recorded with her new band live, that's why it sounds off. You can read about it on Poppy Wikia

wow i had no idea about this it makes so much sense now

oh well i still quite enjoy the album tbh

Flux is amazing, I don't understand the hate. 

I prefer I Disagree, but by no means Flux is bad. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

2 minutes ago, sack said:

bubblebath (including unreleased) > i disagree > choke > eat > poppy.computer > am i a girl? > flux

i'd put flux somewhere between choke and eat and put poppy.computer at the end but otherwise this is pretty much how i feel :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, tt1pdvinyl said:

tbh i dont exactly understand the overwhelming love for Bubblebath it's a pretty good EP but she's done Much better since imo

i think people love it because it’s genuine pop music with a soul - not the hyper manufactured sound of p.c and aiag?

1 hour ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I Disagree, Eat and Flux are all bad :shh:

i disagree is a masterpiece but i agree with the other two 

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think people love it because it’s genuine pop music with a soul - not the hyper manufactured sound of p.c and aiag?

ah ok thats fair i just personally find those albums a lot more interesting production wise idk

i'd rank her discography except i haven't heard most of it in a Bit

Just now, tt1pdvinyl said:

ah ok thats fair i just personally find those albums a lot more interesting production wise idk

i agree that they’re more sonically interesting but it’s like kewl soundz with meaningless lyrics

i think i disagree is her best album so far because it combines the genuine lyrics with the #kewlsoundz

5 hours ago, tt1pdvinyl said:

tbh i dont exactly understand the overwhelming love for Bubblebath it's a pretty good EP but she's done Much better since imo

it’s bubblegum pop perfection :cumming2: the production is top tier and the songs never get old. i think people love it so much because she brought life back into boring pop music 

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

i love the lyrics on flux and how it’s the album where she finds herself but the songs are lacking so much. every song bores me to death and the mixing doesn’t help :bored: that genre of music isn’t my favorite anyway though so i can’t complain. i just hope the next project is something fresh and exciting

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

unpopular opinion?: x is the only good loud-soft song, literally all of the other songs are bad (scary mask, concrete, i disagree)

i actually made an alternate tracklisting of i disagree that removes concrete and the title track and substitutes them with some of the deluxe tracks and songs from choke and i think it's really good

also i put bleach blonde baby on my bubblebath tracklisting cause it's the one really really good song on poppy.computer :bebe:

(i like interweb and software upgrade but bbb actually sounds like bubblebath while the other 2 fit more with am i a girl)

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

unpopular opinion?: x is the only good loud-soft song, literally all of the other songs are bad (scary mask, concrete, i disagree)

i actually made an alternate tracklisting of i disagree that removes concrete and the title track and substitutes them with some of the deluxe tracks and songs from choke and i think it's really good

also i put bleach blonde baby on my bubblebath tracklisting cause it's the one really really good song on poppy.computer :bebe:

(i like interweb and software upgrade but bbb actually sounds like bubblebath while the other 2 fit more with am i a girl)

A tragic take, Concrete is a classic and Scary Mask is a hit (mentally)....now for the title track...eh. Also Meat is underrated (Choke EP).