leaked_version

Producers for new Lana album

I still doubt whether or not 24 or Swan Song could become masterpieces, even in Dan A or Emile's hands, but at least an additional producer shows it's not another Rick only tea. She'll make Honeymoon-esque orchestral songs like Wait For Life with Emile and not BTD 2.0 tho I bet...

I still doubt whether or not 24 or Swan Song could become masterpieces, even in Dan A or Emile's hands, but at least an additional producer shows it's not another Rick only tea.

Wait... Are you saying you think "24" or "Swan Song" are masterpieces in Rick's hands that you don't think would have been as masterful in Auerbach or Haynie's hands, or are you dissing them as bad songs that not even Auerbach or Haynie could have saved?

She'll make Honeymoon-esque orchestral songs like Wait For Life with Emile and not BTD 2.0 tho I bet...

Good.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Wait... Are you saying you think "24" or "Swan Song" are masterpieces in Rick's hands that you don't think would have been as masterful in Auerbach or Haynie's hands, or are you dissing them as bad songs that not even Auerbach or Haynie could have saved?

Definitely the latter. Look, Rick is her main writing partner and they work magic together but in the past we've had the luxury of only getting the cherry-picked BEST songs from each writing session. Look at UV: it's Rick-heavy but instead of putting filler like Yes to Heaven or Is This Happiness on the standard edition, she's able to replace them with the best songs from other cowriters. The most amazing songs from Honeymoon (The Blackest Day, Terrence Loves You, etc.) easily stand up to the Rick tracks on UV, but without any other cowriter, though, we're left with what is likely close to the whole Rick session. It must feel cohesive for her to put a record together this way and that's how she's able to do it so quickly but I can't imagine the opportunities for fresh inspiration she's probably missing as she goes into the studio day after day with Rick, feelin comfy

Definitely the latter. Look, Rick is her main writing partner and they work magic together but in the past we've had the luxury of only getting the cherry-picked BEST songs from each writing session. Look at UV: it's Rick-heavy but instead of putting filler like Yes to Heaven or Is This Happiness on the standard edition, she's able to replace them with the best songs from other cowriters. The most amazing songs from Honeymoon (The Blackest Day, Terrence Loves You, etc.) easily stand up to the Rick tracks on UV, but without any other cowriter, though, we're left with what is likely close to the whole Rick session. It must feel cohesive for her to put a record together this way and that's how she's able to do it so quickly but I can't imagine the opportunities for fresh inspiration she's probably missing as she goes into the studio day after day with Rick, feelin comfy

how do you know yes to heaven is filler lol

Wy8jf2U.jpg

I'm no Rick acolyte-- he's the producer responsible for the sappiest drivel on BTD-- but your "24" bashing will not stand.

:republican:

That said, I think working with a variety of producers is good for the creative process, even if she ends up working primarily with one or two for the album. Assuming her Instagram post is indicative of who she's working with, I'm not so thrilled about Haynie, but I'm looking forward to seeing what Jonathan Wilson's influence will be.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

as much as i would love her reworking with kahne or auerbach i really want new influences on this record

i remember how when west coast came out it was such a new fresh sound for her i literally stopped breathing because it was so good, i want that to happen again. i want someone to reignite the fire in her or w/e she said when UV came out

She could literally work with any producer and still make the same thing. It's more about a new one but a specific one who usually doesn't do Lana's type of songs then that's when the magic happens that's why UV was so good. So her working with Jonathan Wilson is a good thing. Though, Rick and Emile worry me hopefully Emile and Jonathan make her very uncomfortable! I still hope she works with Mark Ronson lol

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

She should rework Meet me in the Pale Moonlight  :defeated:

Imagine her working with a big pop producer on it.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I've been listening a lot to Wait For Life recently and it's so magnificent, I don't know why there's this aversion to it on here. It's beautiful and just sums up all of my emotions today :crai: emile is great

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif