Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

-The way she break her vocals the last second when singing "I will never sing agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain" in Swan Song is heaven.

if it was just the instrumental during the chorus I can picture a movie soundtrack depicting a glorious landscape like a castle.

-In the song 24 at 2:29, the chorus kicks in and you can hear the rising orchestra accompanying Lana's vibrato, sounds extremely cinematic and blissful to the ears. 

-The saxophone in Art Deco's bridge, I wish all the choruses had it ;(

-The sax in the last chorus of "Terrence Loves You" ;( One of my favorites songs EVER. part of my; Born To Die - Brooklyn Baby, trinity.

-Freak's last chorus when Lana is almost climaxing screaming starts from the right side and the echo expands through all the place, is liberating  :defeated:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

• The pre-chorus melody and guitar of "Religion." ("It was never about the money or the drugs")

The "I, I" of "I, I see you going" in MTWBT

The beginning of "Art Deco," that synth or whatever it is that kinda sounds like a really relaxed laser gun sound or something.

The saxophone or whatever instrument it is after "A little party never hurt no one so we stay out late"

The melody of the chorus/"Ever since my baby went away, it's been the blackest day" of "Blackest Day"

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

• "Kiss me hard before you go, Summertime Sadness" that opens "Summertime Sadness"
  • "I would wait a mill-i-yon years" from Blue Jeans
  • The beginning of BTD title track and how the strings swell during the chorus
  • "Come take a walk on the wild side" as she goes into her higher register in BTD
  • The chorus in "Off to the Races" in her uber-girly voice
  • The chorus in "Lucky Ones" in her New York-ish accent

All of Ride is a magnificent musical moment - should have won the Ivor Novello award that year, but especially the climax when she sings:

I 'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy
I'm tired of driving 'til I see stars in my eyes
It's all I've got to keep myself sane, baby
So I just ride, I just ride

• "In the Lands of Gods and Monsters I was an angel looking to get fucked Hard" - holy hell Lana
  • The delicate, lilting verses on "Bel Air"
  • The opening of Cruel World, it's just stuck in my head all the time
  • "We both know it's not fashionable to love me...." - oh Lana
  • That moment in "Terence Loves You" when she quotes Bowie

• The pre-chorus melody and guitar of "Religion." ("It was never about the money or the drugs")
  • The "I, I" of "I, I see you going" in MTWBT
  • The beginning of "Art Deco," that synth or whatever it is that kinda sounds like a really relaxed laser gun sound or something.
  • The saxophone or whatever instrument it is after "A little party never hurt no one so we stay out late"
  • The melody of the chorus/"Ever since my baby went away, it's been the blackest day" of "Blackest Day"

+

• The bridge of Terrence Loves You.
  • The "mmm"s in Freak.
  • "Let there be light" part in God Knows I Tried.
  • And of course, "because I'm going deeper and deeper..." in The Blackest Day.

• The bridge of Salvatore and the 'aaaaaah, aaaaah' with the instrumental straight after it

The verses of Religion especially the 'It never was about, the money or the drugs' part

The bridge of 24 and The Blackest Day

The outro of Swan Song

'You want more, why?' in Art Deco

'I can't survive if this is all that's real / We won't survive, we're sinking in to the sand' and the bridge in HBTB

'Take it to the back if you really wanna talk' in Freak

RVhKIwP.gif

great thread that will take some time to do justice to.

A few out of 100s of greatest moments-

Realizing Lana is doing just about every female vocal and sound, on every song (lead and background) and that most grunts, sighs, sneers, hisses breathe is Lana's voice.

(there are no background singers it is all her.) It is like how in 1973 at first I thought it was a kazoo and it took a while until we saw him sing it in concert to realize that it was actually Elton singing

the la-la-la's in Crocodile Rock... 

Moments where the only way to describe it would be to put down the exact time in the song it is mentioned. (hard to describe, but in Born to Die there is that something or other for a split second)

The incredible feeling (literally bought chills and tears) the first time heard both Old Money and Once upon a Dream (from the first note to the last and both on repeat for days)

and then two weeks ago sitting in a hotel room in Quebec City and hearing Salvatore the first time.

Shades of cool/ west coast/Brooklyn baby back to back

Ride/American (the bridge in both songs is amazing, mentioned the exhilaration of "Everybody wants to go fast..." in a different thread

The monologues of Ride and Burnt Norton and all the other spoken parts of songs (Please release a poetry audio tape, or perhaps an audio affirmation type tape to have while I do my swimming

exercises)

The stark simple Pawn Shop Blues which recently repeated many times as I was emptying our mother-in-law's house and having estate sales (especially when a stranger took her favorite huge painting no one in the family had room to hang, and walked out of the house, leaving the wall and the home bare

Not realizing when just the song was released that the beginning of High by the beach was a helicopter. (please be nominated for video of the year at the Grammy's)

God there are hundreds and hundreds of examples, especially with the pre-Lana songs...It is really hard to break it down to the best of 10 best or even the 100 best.

will get back to this thread at another time

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Swan Song how deep her voice sounds/the way she sings "our" when she sings "it will be our swan song". and the final chorus when she sings "I will never sing agaaaAAin" the last time

The Blackest Day this entire song slays my existence but the bridge and outro  :defeated:

24 the outro. specifically the emphasis she puts on "reach" when she sings "you're hard to reach"

- ''Hello Heaven, you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights, on a dark night." part of Yayo, even though Yayo is not one of my favorites of hers. It's just so dreamy and beautiful and tragic and so perfect.

- "I got you where I want you, you're deader than ever, I'm falling for forever." part of the Blackest Day. It is heartbreaking how deeply in denial she is in this line.

- "I'm electrified, I'll be up all night." For K Part 2--my favorite song of hers--basically the whole song tbh. Her voice sounds so amazing while she slurs out "electrified."
- "Flower motel nation" from 1949. IDK why, I just love it.

- "Oh, see, what you've done now. Oh, me, just what I'm talking about. Oh, see, what you've done now. Oh, me, just what I'm talkin' 'bout. What I'm talkin' about, what I'm talkin' about. Pick me up in your pickup truck, roll down, you got it going on. Let me talk on your CB, what? Let me play with your new shotgun, shotgun." OK I know it's long but it is amazing!!
- Basically the entire chorus of West Coast

Just had to come here to post the "falling for FOREVER" part in The Blackest Day, because Lana's vocals are ON POINT! 

I am so moved when she sings about looking for love "In all the wrong places", in TBD, because it's so poignant. The lyrics, the melody, the vocals, it's just too much to handle ! 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

• The eerie, exotic instrumental at the beginning of "Music to Watch Boys To" leading into the vocals.

The euphoric build up of the bridge in "Terrance Loves You" and the saxophone/vocals right after.

"So let there be light" in "God Knows I Tried."

The bridge in "Freak" when the guitar comes in and she mumbles her "take it to the back if you really want to talk" near the end.

The rumbling instrumental in the pre-chorus of "Religion" and the way she sings "Hallelujah, I need your love."

The final chorus in "The Blackest Day" when she sings "It's not one of the phases I'm going through" and the drums kick in.

The bridge in "24" with the horns and the marching drums and her "Mmm's".

The "Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me" outro in "Swan Song."