Sign in to follow this  
Divisive Princess

Which Nina Simone song should Lana cover next?

Or

I feel Lana could do something special and unique with either of the tracks I picked tbh.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

None. Nina is great but not an artist whose songs particularly fit Lanas voice nor are tgey that interesting when they are not performed by Nina. TOW was great but DLMBM was already tok much.

If Lana wants to continue to do retro stuff she should do Billie Holiday covers

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Nina sang (but did not write as mostly she was not a songwriter but interpreted songs) Falling in Love Again  (and my favorite version is Marlene Dietrich)

Although personally would rather Lana do Edith Piaf or Dietrich (How about Lily Marlene)?

back to Nina-

"Black is the colour" (of my true loves eyes)

or

To be Young gifted and Black

(which was written by Nina) which was a tribute to the writer of "Raisin in the Sun" and believe it or not, was also sung by

Elton John in his pre-Elton (sung under his real name Reginald Dwight) superstar days.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I don't know Nina Simone's songs (Just Feeling Good, that have a truly epic sound  :legend:), but I think she should stop cover her. Look, they are nice and I don't doubt Nina have great songs, but if Lana will cover something, she should try other artists now. And since everyone is talking about Billie Holiday and Lana have "Billie" along with "Nina" in her chest (if I'm not wrong), she should cover a song by her for the next album :).

Please Lana, if you really read this forum and wants to continue to spread vintage culture, do a Billie Holiday cover  :creep:.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593