Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I'm sorry Cohen died but please no cover of his stuff on LDR5.

I hate it when artists try to get attention by jumping on the "I'm sooo sorry that X died" bandwagon when they had nothing to do with those dead artists before

I mean she's covered him before I don't thing she hasn't had anything to do with him

@

Lana sang Leonard Cohen's  "Chelsea Hotel"  years ago, first I believe singing it in concert in Canada, then the Endless Summer tour she sang it every night.

Lana sang Lou Reed years before he died and was in fact going to record with Lou on the exact day he died without warning.

Lana sang "terence loves you" long BEFORE Bowie died

Seems Lana is a trendsetter even in that way, singing a song of, or with or about the legends BEFORE they died, not afterwards.

and Lana sang in American about going slow

years before Leonard Cohen sang almost the same thing himself.

Lana has sung about Springsteen

Personally, I had been hoping for a Lana/Leonard duet album, like he did with Jennifer Warnes among others. Or perhaps a Christmas song between the two of them.

Unfortunately, that won't happen now.

BTW, I would love it if Chelsea #2 made an album, making it an official cut.

And there are mixes of him/her on the song on youtube (though not professionally done)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

PLEASE LANA. STOP WITH THE COVERS. Unless they're freebies. If she just randomly gave us a cover like the Heartshaped Box one, randomly, but not on an album. I'll be fine. I wish she'd cover older songs with more bounce or like of a faster speed.

I hope she never pulls that duet album crap with an older (no one cares anymore) star. They're boring.

I do hope she tells us something soon though.

i would enjoy hearing lana do a cover of virtually any song but i wish she wouldn't put them on her albums. i'd rather have one more original song than a cover. she should do them live or release them as a special thing, like "summer wine." that was a nice treat. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

I know many of you wouldn't agree with this, but I've grown to love HM. This album is so amazing to me now, and I think I love it just as much as UV, which is weird for me to say. Anyway, my point here is that I wouldn't mind if LDR5 is similar to HM's tempo. I know I'll love whatever she does, even if it takes some time to love it.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

i would enjoy hearing lana do a cover of virtually any song but i wish she wouldn't put them on her albums. i'd rather have one more original song than a cover. she should do them live or release them as a special thing, like "summer wine." that was a nice treat. 

I have to agree with you!!

Release covers as special thing/perform them live, or just do couple of covers and make deluxe version of album (ofc with couple of her own bonus tracks  :creep:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro