Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Yeah not sure why youre all waiting now, we obvs wont hear anything till the new year.

Grandma, read me a story 

okay dear .... the year was 2043 ... LDR5 was still a mystery to the lanaboards at this point .... but Lana released a 5 second clip of a new song - and went dark for another 4 years .... 

:deadbanana:

Grandma, read me a story 

okay dear .... the year was 2043 ... LDR5 was still a mystery to the lanaboards at this point .... but Lana released a 5 second clip of a new song - and went dark for another 4 years .... 

:deadbanana:

pretty from afar, like a dark star :twirls:

Yeah not sure why youre all waiting now, we obvs wont hear anything till the new year.

Well it is still quite hard to not try and wait for an album by my favorite artist, lol. Even if it is most likely coming in 2017. The eagerness for new material always comes a year later from me no matter how in love I am with my faves' earlier work

How would you guys feel if the the Album title was Subversive? 

I think it kind of "matches" Lana style, I don't know how can I explain what I mean. 

I would definately like it.

As long as there are no political songs I don't care what direction she goes in.

I guess to me, it seemed like that was notable because she almost never tweets, but she thought this is important enough. She also made that speech on instagram about how getting older has made her want to have faith in her political leaders. She can also write a critique of the way things are now without being whiny. I didn't mean to be argumentative or anything like that because I get what you're saying, but it's hard for me to accept someone saying that she can't pull off something she's never tried. In my experience she has done very little that she hasn't been able to pull off.

That being said, I don't particularly want a political album. I'm honestly tired of hearing about it in general, but I wouldn't mind a departure from her normal lyrical content.  

Yes. Be political all you want in your own life, but I listen to music to escape from the everyday HELL that is this world. I love Lana's tales of lost souls in California.

Yeah it was tonight's episode! I have no idea I just happened to be watching it. All i remember was it was something about 2014, Cruel World, and Ultraviolence and my fam was impressed I knew it lol

here it is (follow the imgur link in the top comment). 

It would be insane for her to do something by the end of the year when everybody's hunkering down with family (or just to be out of the crowds), but as I like my girls insane, hope never falters.

what if 'life is beautiful' is going to be on LDR5 and that's why she hasn't released it yet?
maybe LDR5 is going to sound like "I Can Fly", "Big Eyes", "Yes to Heaven", "Wait For Life"...?

nsaalk.jpg

what if 'life is beautiful' is going to be on LDR5 and that's why she hasn't released it yet?

maybe LDR5 is going to sound like "I Can Fly", "Big Eyes", "Yes to Heaven", "Wait For Life"...?

I gave up on us ever getting LIB a long time ago

didnt she forget what Life is Beautiful was once?

I honestly think life is beautiful is just the length of the commercial for the movie. Like it would be nice to have it without the talking in the background but I doubt there is more of it because of what she said about doing a short song for a commercial. 

The album will be boring if that's the case.

When she was in Poland this year a fan asked her about LIB and she just said: that was for the movie only, so I do not think we really will see this, maybe only if someone leaks it.