Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Interesting that she's had the lead single's video done done for so long (if we assume it's the vid she shot in July). Has she ever waited this long to put something out before?

*Flashback to PWYC

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

OMG is it that one? :toofunny:

This sounds just so wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O02D34qxjT0

Haha, no it was not that goofy, it was one beep at a time and not some sort of sound effect.

Interesting that she's had the lead single's video done done for so long (if we assume it's the vid she shot in July). Has she ever waited this long to put something out before?

Ultraviolence. And look what happened - we got an iconic, yet terrible iphone video and the great footage was re-cut in a very anticlimatic way for another song from a different album

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Thing is with her videos, yes they all probably have quite a high budget but comparing the videos from BTD to the rest of her videos, the budget and obviously got lower and lower, I mean BTD + Ride are all huge videos in every way, MTWBT is a good video, but its nothing compared to the BTD videos, nothing on HM is. HBTB is one of my favourite videos because the story line is great and sure she has the helicopter but I bet it cost no where near the amount that BTD cost to produce. 

qsVmBMd.png

Interesting that she's had the lead single's video done for so long (if we assume it's the vid she shot in July). Has she ever waited this long to put something out before?

Yes... Life Is Beautiful hahaha

Joking, she doesn't have the rights over this song (Lionsgate owns it, unfortunately).

*Flashback to PWYC

I hope this leaks someday, it's such a shame that PWYC wasn't released as a single.

original.gif

idc about the budget. great videos can be made with a low budget. for example, video games and summertime sadness. i just want her to release well thought out aesthetics and visuals not just 2 random music videos with footage belonging to a song of the past era.

It's labeled as explicit, and it's all about getting high. I don't know what you're radio stations are playing, but the ones in my area wouldn't dare play it. Like mine literally cut out the word sex in Ed Sheeran's one song. And innuendos are probably considered okay because kids don't notice them.

Where do you even live? That wouldn't even be a problem here.

giphy.gif

Didn't Lana buy 3 houses? Why is a budget a problem?

Lana's rich.

I'm on about label support, Lana probably doesn't fund her own videos, the label will so the fact that the label are possibly giving her a high budget for the video could mean bigger things for the album. 

qsVmBMd.png

Lana's rich.

I'm on about label support, Lana probably doesn't fund her own videos, the label will so the fact that the label are possibly giving her a high budget for the video could mean bigger things for the album. 

if the video really does have a high budget I'm sure they won't waste it on not promoting the album  :raven:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Where the post Eclipsef said about the video.

Link ha mePraying dalai will be involved with Beusty and beast 2k17

OH MY GOD i think that is the perfect fairytale movie for Lana to contribute to. Oh please oh please oh please

EDIT: ok so its apparently unlikely and the position is already taken ugh.

ALSO remember when we all thought the new video (filmed last year) was going to be for Terrence Loves You? A video for that would have been beautiful but we're anticipating this new album way too much for a honeymoon finale now. Hahahaha.

I really want this album like asap, but I definitely don't expect Lana to drop it out of nowhere. She said herself that it wouldn't be a surprise, so the album probably wouldn't come out until months after she announces it. I don't want to wait that long tho :omg:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Ms. Grant is the single most profitable artist for her record company both to her and her company on a $ for $ basis

(doesn't mean the amount of $ is the largest, but the % based on what is expensed and what is banked

No reputable artist will pay out of pocket, except that most artists (like the #1 mega newbees who don't know any better sign all their $ away, even though the

press says they made $100 million. Of course they have to pay back $125 million in expensesand go deeply in debt before album#2 comes out

accounting 101

also look at lavish lifestyles of the rich and richer, how much a day someone like Elton John needs to bring in to break even to pay for $20 grand in flowers per day

(also why at 70 he still plays 150 dates a year,

What's really cool is when someone (like Ms. Grant) already has all the $ in the world to live ten lifetimes comfortably, not overboard and is in it for the artistic

community of creativity and not $$$ where the next song and thought is more important than the bogus need to conform

Trailblazers don't conform, they keep blazing new trails and let someone else do the conform sheet

(all the while banking far more actual $ than those who actively are only going for the gold$$$

How many other people are out there that can do it for love (say hey Willie Mays and Ernie Banks would be proud)

(and how much songwriting brings in, I people want a #1 single, damn straight they should get her songs with Abel to #1, and then hoping his record

wins a grammy, in which case she will win the grammy and yup, it's the same statue on the mantle

meanwhile Salvatore can wait, now it's time to eat soft ice cream as she leaves everyone standing behind her watching the trail she continues to blaze.

(for those that get the real meaning of the song)

How cool is that!

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp