Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

can someone delete this literally hoping lana dies a horrific death? disgusting

I removed it. Truly disgusting.  :judgingu:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I like to imagine her as more a writer than an artist. But let's imagine for a minute Lana is indeed a writer and those records are her books, it feels like BTD was the bestseller and what we got after that are those books that all tell the same story from different perspectives, you know? Of course we all loved the main title so we kept reading but what's next?  Remember that line from Put Me in a Movie? 6 years later she sings that now "she can do it on my own". In the end it's the same line with a opposite meaning, but I don't want that. Now that I know "she can do it"  I want to know what she'll do? How? I don't want the same story with a different twist I want a new story,

Basically that's why I think she needs to take her time, at this point people can even predict some lyrics from her music based on a  title ( it happened on this forum before). Lana needs to envolve lyrically even if that means killing "Lana" as this character as we know.

I agree with this on some degree, she needs something else to introduce into her albums. I'd love a new sound, like a psychedelic rock inspired thing, digging down into 60s and 70s rock more than UV did. I mean, UV has 70s rock inspiration and it's there throughout the album, I'd just love see it done once more, and this time, deeper. Hell, anything different from the same boring Honeymoon (track) sounding song we've had that's starting to go stale, which I'm afraid will happen sooner than later.

If she wants to keep people listening and keep her name on people's minds, she'll change her sound. If she doesn't care, by this album, we'll know, she'll stick with the same sound Honeymoon (the track) had, just like the others ones just like it. But, if that's the creative freedom she gets, I'm happy with it. It's just more content. I wouldn't be mad if we got some of these unreleased songs reworked into new songs on a new album instead of them all going to waste, because there's some good ass unreleased songs... And let's say she goes with an album full of unreleased songs, she could change her sound with just those alone...

PNoV6l.gif

I like to imagine her as more a writer than an artist. But let's imagine for a minute Lana is indeed a writer and those records are her books, it feels like BTD was the bestseller and what we got after that are those books that all tell the same story from different perspectives, you know? Of course we all loved the main title so we kept reading but what's next?  Remember that line from Put Me in a Movie? 6 years later she sings that now "she can do it on my own". In the end it's the same line with a opposite meaning, but I don't want that. Now that I know "she can do it"  I want to know what she'll do? How? I don't want the same story with a different twist I want a new story,

Basically that's why I think she needs to take her time, at this point people can even predict some lyrics from her music based on a  title ( it happened on this forum before). Lana needs to envolve lyrically even if that means killing "Lana" as this character as we know.

I completely agree with you and I realized that it was the same story after starting to hear her albums over and over again :toofunny: . It's just that I noticed a little change in Honeymoon. Like, in the first part of the album, she is telling how her life is now and after the Burnt Norton, she relives her past. So she changed a little the way the story is counted, which means that she noticed that people would like to hear new stories, right? But there is a problem that we can see in a line present in God Knows I Tried, which is the song that I think it most shows her present:

"I've got nothing much to live for ever since I found my fame"

Here, how she will count new stories without new experiences? This takes me to something that you said that I agree the most: she needs to take her time. I secretly even want her to take a really long pause, like 4 years (please guys, don't kill me :creep: ). It hurts to wait, but the fans can get an amazing album and she would be satisfied with the result. Look to Born to Die, I don't know how many years she spent making this album, but the result was really good, right? 

She's still young and beautiful (plus rich  :oopna: ) after all. She can travel, meet new people, write a million songs to inspire and take her to different directions, etc. Honeymoon may be a start of something new, but only if she keeps going in the direction she took. Like I said in others occasions, she needs to choose if she will get out of her comfort zone for the sake of her career and even for her own personal life, or if she will continue to self destruct (I didn't want to use this, but it was what most expressed).

Oh! And I also see her albums like books sometimes.  :)

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I wouldn't be mad if we got some of these unreleased songs reworked into new songs on a new album instead of them all going to waste, because there's some good ass unreleased songs... And let's say she goes with an album full of unreleased songs, she could change her sound with just those alone...

I secretly even want her to take a really long pause, like 4 years (please guys, don't kill me :creep: ). It hurts to wait, but the fans can get an amazing album and she would be satisfied with the result. Look to Born to Die, I don't know how many years she spent making this album, but the result was really good, right? 

She's still young and beautiful (plus rich  :oopna: ) after all. She can travel, meet new people, write a million songs to inspire and take her to different directions, etc. (...) Like I said in others occasions, she needs to choose if she will get out of her comfort zone for the sake of her career and even for her own personal life, or if she will continue to self destruct (I didn't want to use this, but it was what most expressed).

Agreed. I'm 100 % sure that if she really took her time before she releases her next album, the result would be something utterly revolutionary and breathtaking, just like Born To Die was back in 2012. She could write tons of songs, experiment, decide where she wants to go with her sound in the future and then come back like the Goddess she is.

And she could still release some of her "old" unreleased songs in the meantime. Some might already be perfect the way they are, some might be reworked. I'd actually love that.  :)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Honestly I don't know what to think about this. Every fibre in my body is eager for now music so perfect if there's a new album and if there isn't then perfect too cause she'll take her time. Musically I've discovered this past month things I'd never ever thought I'd like so idc lol as long as she's happy I'm happy

ZKcaooE.png

If there was a new a alboom, she or her team would have said something by now.

She has, you just can't read the first post on this thread.

PNoV6l.gif

A confirmation for a November release, dear. We almost have November. 

LANADELRÉY will be surprise-released

Yeah, UV seems winter. Born to Die seems a really, really hot album  :illumilana2: and Honeymoon seems spring, I think.

idk what you guys are smoking  :awkney: nothing about uv says winter to me. if anything, btd is more winter. the grungy rock overtones of uv give me a total summer feel 

ZLJIWCD.gif

idk what you guys are smoking  :awkney: nothing about uv says winter to me. if anything, btd is more winter. the grungy rock overtones of uv give me a total summer feel

Honestly.yeah smoking crack and going on the beach in wihter

So I just listened to samples of a Wurly piano on youtube and I don't know how it could fit into Lanas music. Like, she's never used that sound before has she? Link:

It sounds verrryyy vintage, psychedelic 60s Woodstock.

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Emilie posted this. Wonder what's its for

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL93IPZBGiP/

We do know that lanas been in the studio with Emile right? When she took that selfie with the painting in his studio - that means that there must be at least one post on his insta from the past year that is to do with ldr5. At least one. I'm gonna hunt :rip:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

So I just listened to samples of a Wurly piano on youtube and I don't know how it could fit into Lanas music. Like, she's never used that sound before has she? Link:

https://youtu.be/PwReWjAxZqE

It sounds verrryyy vintage, psychedelic 60s Woodstock.

iirc there's a wurly piano in Freak?

mmmm nvm..

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif