Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

bye just bc it was released in the summer or....... it feels like it'd be perfect for winter or fall when its dark and gloomy. BTD should've been the summer album

Yeah, UV seems winter. Born to Die seems a really, really hot album  :illumilana2: and Honeymoon seems spring, I think.

Innocent until proven guilty

Yes, Rihanna is back!  :justride2:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Yeah, UV seems winter. Born to Die seems a really, really hot album  :illumilana2: and Honeymoon seems spring, I think.

WE FEEL THE SAME WAY  :hdu:  Born to Die would start in summer and end in autumn with Paradise. UV is such a winter album like I feel it in my soul, and Honeymoon is so perfect with the imagery of spring  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: (oh and to me AKA is autumn and Sirens is spring  :flutter: )

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

WE FEEL THE SAME WAY :hdu: Born to Die would start in summer and end in autumn with Paradise. UV is such a winter album like I feel it in my soul, and Honeymoon is so perfect with the imagery of spring :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: (oh and to me AKA is autumn and Sirens is spring :flutter: )

It makes more sense in the fact that UV is an album that goes very well with depression and with winter tee plants and trees go barren. Plus if in the snow, it could look like black & white like the album cover

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

It makes more sense in the fact that UV is an album that goes very well with depression and with winter tee plants and trees go barren. Plus if in the snow, it could look like black & white like the album cover

YeS! Plus it's so good to listen to when you're just sippin some peppermint coffee and staring at the snow through a frosted window  :excited:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

That's not what the sales say.

well thats ignorant, sales dont determine whether an albums good or not lmao. albums used to sell way more than they do now because of streaming and other reasons. also lanas promo has to do with it too. imagine if btd had the era uv and hm had, it wouldnt stand a chance to how amazing uv is. in conclusion, its a matter of opinion, but the era or sales of an album dont determine whether its actually good or not, considering that uv did amazing with music critics 

well thats ignorant, sales dont determine whether an albums good or not lmao. albums used to sell way more than they do now because of streaming and other reasons. also lanas promo has to do with it too. imagine if btd had the era uv and hm had, it wouldnt stand a chance to how amazing uv is. in conclusion, its a matter of opinion, but the era or sales of an album dont determine whether its actually good or not, considering that uv did amazing with music critics 

Okay. giphy.gif

I agree, but I still think that Honeymoon is a little different from the others. Still have the same story there, but there is an additional of how her life is now.

I like to imagine her as more a writer than an artist. But let's imagine for a minute Lana is indeed a writer and those records are her books, it feels like BTD was the bestseller and what we got after that are those books that all tell the same story from different perspectives, you know? Of course we all loved the main title so we kept reading but what's next?  Remember that line from Put Me in a Movie? 6 years later she sings that now "she can do it on my own". In the end it's the same line with a opposite meaning, but I don't want that. Now that I know "she can do it"  I want to know what she'll do? How? I don't want the same story with a different twist I want a new story,

Basically that's why I think she needs to take her time, at this point people can even predict some lyrics from her music based on a  title ( it happened on this forum before). Lana needs to envolve lyrically even if that means killing "Lana" as this character as we know.

wow how unintelligent, whyd you even quote me first if you cant  hold up a good argument

Because I don't feel like arguing??? That's unintelligent? OOOKAY. Let me stop speaking to an immature child. It was never that deep.

Because I don't feel like arguing??? That's unintelligent? OOOKAY. Let me stop speaking to an immature child. It was never that deep.

yes, that is unintelligent because quoting me in the first place only means that you have a defense on why your opinion is valid, but instead you replied with a random gif and no argument. dont quote me if youre not talk back, thats what forums are for

UV for me is both a summer and winter record. For West Coast I picutre Lana walking on the beach (just like the video but..) on a late cold December day while Cruel World and Brooklyn Baby are more summer oriented

And it's weird how even tough summer is one of the like 5 main themes of Lanaverse, only UV has come out in this season

???????????wYD????????????? uv is her best album

UV is my least favourite of Lana's - I mean I still like it, but Honeymoon to be is just so much better - I prefer the orchestral cinematic sound a lot more than the guitars on UV. I just find Honeymoon's songs better and less monotonous. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day