Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

but during winter in Australia  :creep:  :teehee:

right because she actually cares about releasing things there. she made it with the summer in mind "your hot hot weather in the summer" "guns in the summertime" "down on the west coast"  its a total summer album, no denying it, keep hallucinating

but during winter in Australia  :creep:  :teehee:

right because she actually cares about releasing things there. she made it with the summer in mind "your hot hot weather in the summer" "guns in the summertime" "down on the west coast"  its a total summer album, no denying it, keep hallucinating

Ultraviolence is definitely her hottest record.

"Crying tears of gold, like lemonade"

"He lives in California too"

"Your hot, hot weather in the summer"

"Down on the West Coast"

"I'm feeling hot to the touch"

"He's crazy y Cubano"

"I'm feeling hotter than fire"

"He's got the fire"

"I'm on fire"

"Sun and ocean blue"

"I can see you bathing in the summer light"

"Come on down to Florida"

"Guns in the summertime"

"We could get high in Miami"

"All the Colombians say"

Also,

rs_500x211-140507104635-westcoast19.gif

tumblr_n7bqrhoxCz1qa4iv8o3_500.gif

The Ultraviolence and Freak videos are also very, very summery, especially Freak - damn, it even seems like it was fucking hot the day they filmed it.

And finally, the most important reason why UV is such a summer record - the music itself. Psychedelic rock is a genre that became really popular in the US (especially California) with events such as Woodstock and Summer of Love. Both were held, obviously, in summer. Also, hippies looked like this. Very UV-era Lana. This album also features various elements of desert rock, surf rock and soft rock... all of them originated and/or popularized in, uh, California.

"I wanted to make a record that was sort of this mix of beautiful jazz undertones and a West Coast fusion, kind of inspired by the Eagles and the Beach Boys and this sort of Laurel Canyon revival thing that was happening in the '70s" - Lana herself for KROQ.

"My word for the record was fire, you know, blue fire, when a flame gets so hot it goes from red to blue." - Lana for Rolling Stone. This is exactly why it might seem a winter record for some... it's really sad, blue... it's a depressing summer, kind of like AKA was a "sad party".

Yall... she lives in Southern California.... its always hot. The only album really that can sort of be considered a Winterish release I guess would be BTD (cuz she was so New York before it). But I don't know where she recorded it at.

You guys the album can be however you feel they are. As long as you enjoy them.

For me personally Ultraviolence seems wintery. And that's only because of the sound(except west coast). BTD seems so American Summer to me, but honestly it transitions well. It could be winter too. Honeymoon is almost like a spring-transition into summer- for me because its warm but not summer warm.

Yall... she lives in Southern California.... its always hot. The only album really that can sort of be considered a Winterish release I guess would be BTD (cuz she was so New York before it). But I don't know where she recorded it at.

You guys the album can be however you feel they are. As long as you enjoy them.

For me personally Ultraviolence seems wintery. And that's only because of the sound(except west coast). BTD seems so American Summer to me, but honestly it transitions well. It could be winter too. Honeymoon is almost like a spring-transition into summer- for me because its warm but not summer warm.

Exactly! No use in trying to argue that UV is a solid winter album, that's how I feel but I can see why people also feel its very summery. It's all about experiences, feelings, and visuals. To me it's better to listen to when the sky is dark and the snow is coming down, but with BTD it's way better on a hot summer night when you're laying on the grass with someone you love.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

how is UV a winter album. it has surf and desert rock influences. even auerbach in an interview said that lana wanted the album to sound like fire. BTD is more of a winter album because of the general atmosphere it gives off, but it also is still a summer al

how is UV a winter album. it has surf and desert rock influences. even auerbach in an interview said that lana wanted the album to sound like fire. BTD is more of a winter album because of the general atmosphere it gives off, but it also is still a summer al

ok im fine with UV being a summer album too, but dont for a second tell me BTD is a winter album! WHERE is the winter!!!!!!! Not in a million years i'm sorry. It's a SUMMER album! (this post like counter-acts my other post, but BTD is in no way winter :defeated:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

UV is perfect for the summer, autumn, spring, fall, winter, late night, midnight, early day, afternoon, christmas, Hanukkah, halloween, turkey day, sunday, monday, wednesday, ANYDAY. Y'all I don't give a fuck what kinda season album it is , that album is my shiiiiittttttttttttttttttt .

ok im fine with UV being a summer album too, but dont for a second tell me BTD is a winter album! WHERE is the winter!!!!!!! Not in a million years i'm sorry. It's a SUMMER album! (this post like counter-acts my other post, but BTD is in no way winter :defeated:

i usually associate it with winter because of lanas "that day we met in december" line and because of all the hues of blue and white this album gives off