Jack

Melanie Martinez

I predict we're gonna be able to make 2 albums out of this. One with the alternative-pop songs like Sirens, Back From The Dead, etc etc and a pop-rock records with Larynx and Evil, etc etc

Spoiler

The way I'm so excited to change the tracklist around and mess with the album I LOVE having so many outtakes omg

giphy.gif 

My Honest Ranking:

1. Tunnel Vision (I SCREAMED WHEN I HEARD THE SNIPPET, LIKE SCREAMED)
  2. Limbs (YES)
  3. BOTL (ITS VIBEY)
  4. Void (Skip but when i'm in the mood yeah)
  5. Spider Web (Meh)
  6. Developing (Disliked)
  7. BFTD (Hated)
  8. Evil (Hated)

Aku is coming for you <3

Help me I'm on MQ

I made a concept of the tracklist based with the songs we have right now:

1. DEATH
2. VOID
3. PORTALS (Tunnel Vision rework)
4. FAERIE SOIRÉE
5. KETTLE ON A STOVE
6. SPIDER WEB
7. [UNKNOWN]
8. BATTLE OF THE LARYNX
9. LIMBS
10. [UNKNOWN]
11. [UNKNOWN]
12. EVIL
13. [UNKNOWN]

UAmFDOp.png

Since we're doing rankings of the snippets so far, I thought I'd go ahead and post mine (and my little sister's) before I fall off the map again. Here's to hoping the full tracks are much better than the snippets, but we will see. 

Here's my little sister's first, copied directly for how she wrote it. 

Spoiler

1. Tunnel Vision (Self explanatory, proud member of the tunnel vision cult)
2. Limbs (The bone sound effects and the pizzicato, just do it for me, not the best but considering this album, pretty fucking good)
3. BOTL (It took me awhile to warm up to it but its cute overall)
4. Faerie Soiree (The mix sounds.. odd)
5. Void (Actually cute by FAR not the best tho)
6. Spider Web (Vibey, basic asf tho and unlikeable)
7. Developing (its a basic stem with fucked up vocals.. atleast a harmony damn)
8. BFTD (If this is the single I will cry)
9. Evil (How did Mel manage to fuck up this bad, no explanation)

And here is mine. I tried to add reasoning for each track but there's some I just don't like for whatever reason. 

Spoiler

1: Faerie Soiree - I think the demo mix we have is better based on the drum stem, the new mix feels too clean which I don't like
2: Tunnel Vision - I don't like the guitar stem being replaced by pizzicato, but I can live with it
3. Spider Web - It's just... meh. I don't like the mainstream pop sound, but I don't hate it like some of the other tracks. It sounds like something Bella Poarch would do, which I definitely am not huge on. 
4. Void - Here's where we get into songs I truly don't like. The guitar stem is recorded weirdly so it sounds muddy in the mix, and the vocal delivery isn't interesting in comparison to the demo we had. 
5. Limbs - This one is bad, but I'm not ranking it lower simply because the snippet is short and we don't know if it'll eventually be more than just a pizzicato loop. 
6. Death - I honestly kind of hate the chorus snippet on Spotify as it feels reminiscent of Drama Club with how repetitive it is, and I feel like the verses don't have the most interesting delivery, so this will probably be a skip forever for me.
7. Battle Of The Larynx - This one is just... ick. Muddy production like Void, and her vocals sound very strained when compared to other tracks
8. Developing - It's so... boring. It is only a clean electric guitar under vocals, but unlike Leeches lacks the texture a pad would bring. We'll see what the full is like, but the portion in the snippet is definitely one of the weakest. Hopefully it's building up to a drop similar to what we heard in Corpse. 
9. Evil - This has the same issues as BOTL and Void with the production being muddied by the way the guitar track was recorded, and the vocal delivery on "I REFUSE!" sounds like a little girl throwing a fit over wanting candy. It just makes me cringe.

I hold out hope for the (unlikely) inclusion of Garden, Dragon's Blood, or Sirens. 

2 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

my problem with spider web and evil is that they both sound so childish? even 2013 tracks were more mature 

I feel like she’s trying to appeal to her new generation of fans tbh. Anyone who was a fan in the Cry Baby era, or is close to her age, would find the lyrics pretty simple. But these middle school stans don’t care. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

10 minutes ago, Salem said:

Since we're doing rankings of the snippets so far, I thought I'd go ahead and post mine (and my little sister's) before I fall off the map again. Here's to hoping the full tracks are much better than the snippets, but we will see. 

Here's my little sister's first, copied directly for how she wrote it. 

Hide contents

1. Tunnel Vision (Self explanatory, proud member of the tunnel vision cult)
2. Limbs (The bone sound effects and the pizzicato, just do it for me, not the best but considering this album, pretty fucking good)
3. BOTL (It took me awhile to warm up to it but its cute overall)
4. Faerie Soiree (The mix sounds.. odd)
5. Void (Actually cute by FAR not the best tho)
6. Spider Web (Vibey, basic asf tho and unlikeable)
7. Developing (its a basic stem with fucked up vocals.. atleast a harmony damn)
8. BFTD (If this is the single I will cry)
9. Evil (How did Mel manage to fuck up this bad, no explanation)

And here is mine. I tried to add reasoning for each track but there's some I just don't like for whatever reason. 

Hide contents

1: Faerie Soiree - I think the demo mix we have is better based on the drum stem, the new mix feels too clean which I don't like
2: Tunnel Vision - I don't like the guitar stem being replaced by pizzicato, but I can live with it
3. Spider Web - It's just... meh. I don't like the mainstream pop sound, but I don't hate it like some of the other tracks. It sounds like something Bella Poarch would do, which I definitely am not huge on. 
4. Void - Here's where we get into songs I truly don't like. The guitar stem is recorded weirdly so it sounds muddy in the mix, and the vocal delivery isn't interesting in comparison to the demo we had. 
5. Limbs - This one is bad, but I'm not ranking it lower simply because the snippet is short and we don't know if it'll eventually be more than just a pizzicato loop. 
6. Death - I honestly kind of hate the chorus snippet on Spotify as it feels reminiscent of Drama Club with how repetitive it is, and I feel like the verses don't have the most interesting delivery, so this will probably be a skip forever for me.
7. Battle Of The Larynx - This one is just... ick. Muddy production like Void, and her vocals sound very strained when compared to other tracks
8. Developing - It's so... boring. It is only a clean electric guitar under vocals, but unlike Leeches lacks the texture a pad would bring. We'll see what the full is like, but the portion in the snippet is definitely one of the weakest. Hopefully it's building up to a drop similar to what we heard in Corpse. 
9. Evil - This has the same issues as BOTL and Void with the production being muddied by the way the guitar track was recorded, and the vocal delivery on "I REFUSE!" sounds like a little girl throwing a fit over wanting candy. It just makes me cringe.

I hold out hope for the (unlikely) inclusion of Garden, Dragon's Blood, or Sirens. 

wow you hate nearly everything :deadbanana: