Jack

Melanie Martinez

All this songs about “white cis men” or “the patriarchy”… so tired already! This victim mentality has to go already 

so in my head this will be about a man who loves period sex, period 

at least the beat slaps :beyonce::hair:

Also, love how she tried giving Tunnel Vision a deeper meaning than what it actually has (to all the songs really)… sure Jan

she should try not to be that enlightened and pedantic (wtf is that hypnotherapy thing?) because that’s where her lyrics get bad in my opinion. Yet half of the album are diss tracks to Oliver Tree to sound cunty :omfg2:

bitch just admit ur angry at the ugly man, we wouldn’t mind a revenge album at all! Gays love conflict… get her Jade! :duck:

Nothing wrong writting about relatively superficial topics. She’s so afraid of being seen as basic she ends up being just that! 

obviously after CB she grew up, but i feel like she's going more and more towards a direction that i don't vibe with, all this talking about supernatural and stuff i don't believe in, it's hard for me to connect to that, it's kinda giving demi lovato talking with alien ghosts. i'm happy if she's in a happy place and in peace (sounds like im talking about her death lol) which seems to be the case, so im glad, but idk maybe im just not there yet? or maybe i find happiness and inner peace in different things, idk im just not a spiritual person and this album is all about that. the good thing about music is that you can give it your own meaning and interpretation so we'll see how it grows on me

13 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

obviously after CB she grew up, but i feel like she's going more and more towards a direction that i don't vibe with, all this talking about supernatural and stuff i don't believe in, it's hard for me to connect to that, it's kinda giving demi lovato talking with alien ghosts. i'm happy if she's in a happy place and in peace (sounds like im talking about her death lol) which seems to be the case, so im glad, but idk maybe im just not there yet? or maybe i find happiness and inner peace in different things, idk im just not a spiritual person and this album is all about that. the good thing about music is that you can give it your own meaning and interpretation so we'll see how it grows on me

pretty much this.

Wow this album was great, much better then k-12 and after school which were arguably.... trash.

I think every song is excellent except Spider Web which lacks compared to the rest of the album. I didn't even mind Moon Cycle, huge improvement from the horrible leaked version.

CJ BARAN WE LIKE YOU!!

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

I was thinking about Grimes way too often while listening to this but like a watered-down pop version. Wanna listen to Miss Anthropocene now.

Saved Tunnel Vision, Faerie Soiree and Light Shower. Not sure if I'm gonna keep them though. I was really bored in the 2nd half, feels like visuals are a lil too edgy for this kind of music.

60/100 for me.

The more she talks about the album the less I like it :rip:.

Why is she acting like Tunnel Vision is the only leaked song on the album? She’s got tons to say about Moon Cycle, Faerie Soiree, and Leeches, but TV she’s like well I couldn’t write a better song so it stayed :noparty: She really hates K&OL for some reason. Someone needs to tell her she makes her best music with them.

I would have never guessed the theme was about death and the space in between or whatever if she didn’t say so. The only songs that seem remotely tied to that concept are Death, Void, Leeches, and Womb. Tunnel Vision, Moon Cycle, The Contortionist have no meaning like that at all that I can tell. Spider Web is about people being addicted to their phones for gods sake :biblio:

All that said, I genuinely like the album. It’s not as good as it could have been, but I like it. I’m just going to enjoy it for the music, but her explanations of things make me shake my head, as do the visuals.

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

41 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Why is she acting like Tunnel Vision is the only leaked song on the album? She’s got tons to say about Moon Cycle, Faerie Soiree, and Leeches, but TV she’s like well I couldn’t write a better song so it stayed 

Yeah, that's been pretty odd :rip: maybe she somehow genuinely doesn't know that the other three leaked?

Tunnel Vision is the only one she actually co-wrote with Kinetics & One Love — Faerie Soirée, Moon Cycle and Leeches were toplines she wrote on other producers' instrumentals, that later got sent to K&OL (I don't think One Love ever re-produced Leeches, but the leaked versions of MC and FS were definitely done by him). So that could have something to do with it?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Just now, Coloringbooks said:

Yeah, that's been pretty odd :rip:

Maybe she somehow genuinely doesn't know that the other three leaked? Tunnel Vision is the only one she actually co-wrote with K&OL, so that could have something to do with it too 

I wonder if she was some how obligated to include one song with them or something? I mean they spent all that time in Hawaii, to use nothing at all. Like you said before it’s surprising the other leaks don’t have either of them credited on them at all. I feel like maybe the label insisted or maybe she had a deal with K&OL for at least one song and she’s salty about having to include it.

Pretty much putting any hopes to rest that there’s any leaks on a possible Deluxe, MAYBE one song (my bet would be Dragons Blood with all the dragon visuals, or Garden since there are so many Garden references). 

topsters2-2-1.png

10 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I wonder if she was some how obligated to include one song with them or something? I mean they spent all that time in Hawaii, to use nothing at all. Like you said before it’s surprising the other leaks don’t have either of them credited on them at all. I feel like maybe the label insisted or maybe she had a deal with K&OL for at least one song and she’s salty about having to include it.

Pretty much putting any hopes to rest that there’s any leaks on a possible Deluxe, MAYBE one song (my bet would be Dragons Blood with all the dragon visuals, or Garden since there are so many Garden references). 

I edited my post a bit before you quoted to elaborate more on Faerie Soirée, Moon Cycle and Leeches! 

I love CJ Baran and his production, but it'd be a real shame if Melanie isn't on good terms with K&OL anymore. CJ didn't even tag them in his post about the album, but tagged randoms like Simon and Jared ⚰️

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I edited my post a bit before you quoted to elaborate more on FS/MC/Leeches! 

I love CJ Baran and his production, but it's a real shame if Melanie isn't on good terms with K&OL anymore. CJ didn't even tag them in his post about the album, but tagged randoms like Simon and Jared ⚰️

Oh thanks, that makes sense!

Thats sad. Something must have gone down with them. I get not wanting to work with the same producer forever, but they really helped her become the artist she is during the CB era, and they have something special when they make music together. :crai:

topsters2-2-1.png

14 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

14 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Maybe she somehow genuinely doesn' know that the other three leaked? 

i think you might be right since she said "yall hear one snippet and act like you heard the whole song" about moon cycle lmao

2 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

i hate this bitch :rip: og death is one of her most beautiful songs

Death (2020) is pretty but has nothing on the new one imo :poordat:

Regarding Tunnel Vision; I've seen some people not liking the new version, and tbh I wasn't feeling it either on the first listen since I was so used to K&OL's v1– but it grew on me quickly after a few more listens. The song improved A LOT.

25 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I edited my post a bit before you quoted to elaborate more on Faerie Soirée, Moon Cycle and Leeches! 

I love CJ Baran and his production, but it'd be a real shame if Melanie isn't on good terms with K&OL anymore. CJ didn't even tag them in his post about the album, but tagged randoms like Simon and Jared ⚰️

17 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i think you might be right since she said "yall hear one snippet and act like you heard the whole song" about moon cycle lmao

somebody has to ask her next week about this :rip: they’ve been working together for almost 10 years now. they spent a fucking month together in hawaii making 40 songs only to include 1 and act like she hates it? didn’t she say sirens was her favorite song? why didn’t she include that instead 

also i refuse to believe she doesn’t know moon cycle and leeches leaked because she was literally asked about mother of pearl a year ago :deadbanana:

11 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Death (2020) is pretty but has nothing on the new one imo :poordat:

i prefer the new death too don’t get me wrong but the original had a lot of potential to be repurposed into an interlude before womb or something! instead she reused emerald lyrics for a song produced by verde :rip: 

It’s weird to me that she’s performed Tunnel Vision in every live performance leading up to this release, you’d think she really liked it or something, then she makes two sassy remarks in the live performances about people knowing the words, and then when asked to talk about the song for Apple she brings up the fact that it leaked again and how much she wanted to ‘trash it’!

It was also heavily used in the promo clips, including the literal album announcement. 

topsters2-2-1.png