Jack

Melanie Martinez

According to what she said, N&T was never considered for being the closer, that was always going to be a song called Womb. I get her thought process there, but N&T is a killer closer (maybe a good deluxe closer :smirk:)

The K&OL erasure makes me feel like she wanted them to not get compensated on released material as repercussions for the leaks. TV may have been the compromise for some sort of deal they had to make some kind of money off the project, but she didn’t want to give them any more than she had to. That’s my best guess.

I see Kinetics shared Melanie’s post saying the album was out on his story. Nice of him considering no one else mentioned them in their posts. Absolutely nothing on One Love’s Instagram. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, misslonaxo said:

I'm glad Light Shower never leaked because K&OL never touched it. The song reminds me of when Melanie was active on TikTok, around the release of After School. Clips of her on her roof, writing and creating around the house. Pretty much exactly was she was describing when writing the song. 

I kind of prefer Needle & Thread as a love song… Light Shower is all over the place and a little boring :crai:

Also I can see how Garden doesn’t fit the album sonically but it’s so good and with a little prod switch up (like TV and MC) it could have been perfect just after MC as a double feature…

the way BOTL was the last one to be included and it’s one of the worst… I wonder wich song it replaced (she said she already had the album when she wrote this one so my guess it was a last minute decision). 

Im quite certain she had one concept album in mind, then Olivia Free released his song and she decided to put a bunch of diss tracks (for our bad luck). That’s why it’s not that heavy in the death/reincarnation themes :toofloppy:

10 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

The K&OL erasure makes me feel like she wanted them to not get compensated on released material as repercussions for the leaks. TV may have been the compromise for some sort of deal they had to make some kind of money off the project, but she didn’t want to give them any more than she had to. That’s my best guess.

I see Kinetics shared Melanie’s post saying the album was out on his story. Nice of him considering no one else mentioned them in their posts. Absolutely nothing on One Love’s Instagram. 

Maybe not as repercussions, but I think the leaks affected Melanie's creative process and how she views the recording studio. She's said multiple times that it's no longer a sacred place for her. Similarly, she keeps referring to the "Portal Room' instead of a studio when talking about the creative process. The leaks acted as a shift for Melanie to harness her capabilites as a producer and take back the songs she had already started on her own (FS, MC, Leeches).

It took me like 3 different posts to figure out how to word this. But i think this is the extent of the "bad blood"

I forgot about Light Shower being made prior to Womb, that was a really interesting piece of information from her track-by-track interview. And it means Light Shower must at latest be from like January–February of 2020...

Isn't it odd how Melanie was still dating Oliver Tree at the time? I wonder if the song is about him? (unless there was some sort of Fingers Crossed situation going on)

V7Q2c4V.gif

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

Maybe not as repercussions, but I think the leaks affected Melanie's creative process and how she views the recording studio. She's said multiple times that it's no longer a sacred place for her. Similarly, she keeps referring to the "Portal Room' instead of a studio when talking about the creative process. The leaks acted as a shift for Melanie to harness her capabilites as a producer and take back the songs she had already started on her own (FS, MC, Leeches).

It took me like 3 different posts to figure out how to word this. But i think this is the extent of the "bad blood"

Very well said :true:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

3 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Light Shower being made prior to Womb was a really interesting piece of information from her track-by-track interview, and it means Light Shower must at latest be from like January–February of 2020...

Isn't it odd how Melanie was still dating Oliver Tree at the time? I wonder if the song is about him? (unless there was some sort of Fingers Crossed situation going on)

V7Q2c4V.gif

What's all the info we have about the new songs so I can edit the recording dates document?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JgwNAUibuyYe4g0WGmIvK1m8mJh64x3z7Pkz_SLQNOY/edit

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I forgot about Light Shower being made prior to Womb, that was a really interesting piece of information from her track-by-track interview. And it means Light Shower must at latest be from like January–February of 2020...

V7Q2c4V.gif

And i think she didn’t end up producing it until later that year. 

She did a session with Mikey in Sept/Oct 2020, maybe they recorded vocals that day since he’s a credited engineer

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Everyone should just be glad they didn’t get another Goo Go GA Ga wah album for the third time with a hip hop beat that sounds like it came from the Dj function on keyboard. 

well, we are… but that doesn't mean we can't have critical opinions over the album just because of that

6 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

I agree with you about what probably happened… but Melanie has to understand she can’t let leaks affect the quality of her albums… I know it must be hard and all, but when it happens she doesn’t need to scrap all the good stuff and give us last minute cooked mediocre tracks…

A clear example of this is Miley Cyrus. When she released Plastic Hearts, we already knew 10 of the 12 tracks yet it did very well and was praised by the critic (today it remains her best LP)…

the truth is, the leaks will only reach die hard fans, but the general public will still get surprised by them. Also, the stans will stream the same way once it’s released even if they have heard it before 

that’s my take on the whole leaks fiasco. Unfortunately she has let the situation get to her and delivered a rather bad album… and that’s exactly what leakers were looking for.

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I agree with you about what probably happened… but Melanie has to understand she can’t let leaks affect the quality of her albums… I know it must be hard and all, but when it happens she doesn’t need to scrap all the good stuff and give us last minute cooked mediocre tracks…

A clear example of this is Miley Cyrus. When she released Plastic Hearts, we already knew 10 of the 12 tracks yet it did very well and was praised by the critic (today it remains her best LP)…

the truth is, the leaks will only reach die hard fans, but the general public will still get surprised by them. Also, the stans will stream the same way once it’s released even if they have heard it before 

that’s my take on the whole leaks fiasco. Unfortunately she has let the situation get to her and delivered a rather bad album… and that’s exactly what leakers were looking for.

Well put :trisha:

31 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

According to what she said, N&T was never considered for being the closer, that was always going to be a song called Womb. I get her thought process there, but N&T is a killer closer (maybe a good deluxe closer :smirk:)

If that's true, there is only speculation but still, that's messed up :/