Jack

Melanie Martinez

Beyoncé with self titled

Milked the whole thing till last drop

But at least she served Lemonade as the follow up. Melanie is going to be running with the "give me a bottle of milk and bourbon" theme again and I fear the two albums will be indistinguishable. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

But at least she served Lemonade as the follow up. Melanie is going to be running with the "give me a bottle of milk and bourbon" theme again and I fear the two albums will be indistinguishable. 

But both beyonce albums were SJW tryouts and putrid

Honestly, though, when CB first came out I adored the album, it was new, fresh, and something different. However, I did overplay it and most of the songs got tiring, however, I still respected the album and was one of my favorite releases of 2015. But over time,  the whole thing became stale. 

The videos became disappointing and repetitive:The Pre-CB release videos are my favorites of hers. I don't know what it is about them that does it,  but it just pleases me to watch them. But after that: it's just like eat sum baby food, smile really weirdly into the camera for dramatic effect, im crazy!!! (even in scenes where it doesnt make lots of sense???), and this goes for songs too but the thing she does with swearing makes it seem really tryhard like in alphabet boy and crybaby 'woah im using the f word!!!' idk. those are some of the things that erk me...

The fandom has also gotten really...yikes... I mean, I'm not sure if it's because I didn't pay lots of attention to the fanbase pre-CB release but it's become really noticeable. I don't know how to explain it, because I'd be generalizing, but it's basically those people who are like "im so emo i listen to melanie martinez and TOP, real music!!!!!" or those tryhard tumblr tots who are doing their best to be "aesthetic" and "pastel grunge". Of course, that's not the entire fanbase, but it's the part that I've seen standout the most during the past year and it kinda causes me to wanna just avoid being associated with the fanbase.

Anyways, sorry for the messy rant it's just some thoughts. I know it probably seems like I hate her, I don't,  I just want the CB era to be over at this point.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

But both beyonce albums were SJW tryouts and putrid

You repulse me  :toofloppy:

Honestly, though, when CB first came out I adored the album, it was new, fresh, and something different. However, I did overplay it and most of the songs got tiring, however, I still respected the album and was one of my favorite releases of 2015. But over time,  the whole thing became stale. 

The videos became disappointing and repetitive:The Pre-CB release videos are my favorites of hers. I don't know what it is about them that does it,  but it just pleases me to watch them. But after that: it's just like eat sum baby food, smile really weirdly into the camera for dramatic effect, im crazy!!! (even in scenes where it doesnt make lots of sense???), and this goes for songs too but the thing she does with swearing makes it seem really tryhard like in alphabet boy and crybaby 'woah im using the f word!!!' idk. those are some of the things that erk me...

The fandom has also gotten really...yikes... I mean, I'm not sure if it's because I didn't pay lots of attention to the fanbase pre-CB release but it's become really noticeable. I don't know how to explain it, because I'd be generalizing, but it's basically those people who are like "im so emo i listen to melanie martinez and TOP, real music!!!!!" or those tryhard tumblr tots who are doing their best to be "aesthetic" and "pastel grunge". Of course, that's not the entire fanbase, but it's the part that I've seen standout the most during the past year and it kinda causes me to wanna just avoid being associated with the fanbase.

Anyways, sorry for the messy rant it's just some thoughts. I know it probably seems like I hate her, I don't,  I just want the CB era to be over at this point.

This is exactly how I feel. Like "2012 tumblr flower crowns" has nothing on melanie's fanbase. The swearing thing too, like girl, we know you aren't 7 years old IRL, it isn't shocking, even as an aesthetic contrast.I do think CB was one of the most interesting mainstream releases of 2015, but I really do believe she can top it. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

Yikes, totally feeling you in every word.