7. Highschool Sweetheart

8. Wheels on the Bus

9. Show & Tell

10. The Principal

11 Recess

12. Drama Club

13. Teachers Pet

giphy.gif

oh my god the next two albums will also be Crybaby? Why doesn’t she just rebrand herself AS Crybaby and start making music under that name at this point like please come up with something else Melanie

that said I don’t think she should continue to make films. This was a cool and ambitious project but it had some serious flaws and it doesn’t seem like she learned much from directing all the CBB music videos. You can still make amazing visuals without them all being half-baked “movies”

oh my god the next two albums will also be Crybaby? Why doesn’t she just rebrand herself AS Crybaby and start making music under that name at this point like please come up with something else Melanie

that said I don’t think she should continue to make films. This was a cool and ambitious project but it had some serious flaws and it doesn’t seem like she learned much from directing all the CBB music videos. You can still make amazing visuals without them all being half-baked “movies”

directing a MV and a film is wayyyy different, different timings, different languages, different aproaches, tha movie has plot holes, yes, but it was her first time directing a film, idk, i think we should wait and see

giphy.gif

directing a MV and a film is wayyyy different, different timings, different languages, different aproaches, tha movie has plot holes, yes, but it was her first time directing a film, idk, i think we should wait and see

This is true but I think its just her style of directing that doesn't really work. She could really benefit from having someone to edit her ideas but she seems to want to make all of this stuff on her own. her interpretations are too literal and the direction was really weak in k-12. I'll definitely wait and see but from the videos and the movie i don't have high hopes they'd be any better 

i think she would be great at making "visual albums" with less of a plot like Lemonade was, she has such a strong eye for aesthetics and definitely could knock it out of the park with that

just an observation

in in 2 facebook music groups composed of mostly straight men into hip hop/rock/alternative and of those who watched the movie liked it very much, albeit they equally found plot holes or the random transition 

i dont get the hate (or low ranking) for nurses office, to me it's one of the best choruses of the album 

It's a good concept but the coughing and the crying in the background is so annoying I decided  to simply never listen to it again. I wish someone made a mashup/remix where those are removed.

i must say that the random cuts to a different scene reminded me of wes anderson tho, like she said she didn't watch any of his movies but the movie gave me moonrise kingdom vibes, i'm saying this a lot sorry for being annoying lol  :flop:

It is very reminiscent of his style. Especially Grand Budapest Hotel

But the camera movement and angles reminds me of: 

Ok so I've been thinking, how are gonna officially rename K-12?

I've been thinking Juvi-Prison, along the lines of Felonie Rapinez/Rapetinez which I think is really interesting

Do yall have any other ideas? 

edit: i say think too many times... thoughtful queen

i was listening to the album and thinking and i don't agree with those who say that there's no evolution in the sound, of course is similar to Cry Baby because that's Melanie's sound but K-12 is way darker and more dense and you can see the influence that working with G-Eazy among other rappers had on the producer while producing this album idk i love it so much, i've been fed with Taylor's, Lana's and Melanie's releases can't wait for Charli tho

giphy.gif

I just want an HQ of Fire Drill so that the beats don't drown out her vocals  :crossed:

Here is one in great quality, though I have a link to an extremely high quality ver. but since it's a leak site idk if I can share that.  :toofunny: