BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

On 5/19/2024 at 1:12 AM, Sportscruiser said:

I personally think whisper-singing requires a strong set of skills and voice control. She does it live too which is just as commendable.

Someone give Selena the award for voice of the year then :troll:

23 hours ago, 320kbps said:

can anyone decipher what she's saying at the end of Bittersuite? i can only pick out a few words even when i wear my good headphones

Will you come with me?

Just want you to touch me

Come on

7 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

Does anyone really love the first part of L’Amour? The second part is fun too but I hate it when the first part ends- I wish it was 2 different songs :noparty:

Yeah I agree. Second part kind of throws me. It’s the only part of the album I don’t like :toofunny:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

On 5/18/2024 at 12:10 PM, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I’m not a Billie avid listener sorry lol 

NOOOO I said no shit sherlock for myself :rollin:

Pitchfork review is out

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/billie-eilish-hit-me-hard-and-soft/

for once, i dont agree with them. This writer, Hannah, whoever she is, strikes me as cynical af

She said the greatest pales in comparison to happier then ever. 🙄 as if billie tried to recapture that magic or sth. Also, the greatest >>>> happier than ever

bullshit review

Melon also has a review out

i do agree that Bittersuite is the weakest. But he's harsh af too as well. Light to decent 7? No way. It's an 8 at the least

It's good to disregard critics at time. Still the best Billie record ever imo. 

Pitchfork gave HMHAS 6.8 :tiffany2: It’s getting harder and harder to take this media seriously, they pretty much rank female albums very low 

and Apple Music named WWAFAWDWG? the 30th best album of all times?!? I mean, it’s good, an incredible debut but in the top 30 of the best albums of all times? :puzzled:

5 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Reviews are just opinions folks, it’s not that serious. The reviews overall have been great across the board. Not everyone’s gonna love it (even if they’re wrong :azealia:) 

that's all fine. The issue is when the reviews just read as nonsense like pitchfork's does. Read it to understand what I'm sayin'. Need a good editor and someone to challenge it. They wait 4 days after the album to post and then it's still shit

12 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Pitchfork gave HMHAS 6.8 :tiffany2: It’s getting harder and harder to take this media seriously, they pretty much rank female albums very low 

and Apple Music named WWAFAWDWG? the 30th best album of all times?!? I mean, it’s good, an incredible debut but in the top 30 of the best albums of all times? :puzzled:

their best ranked albums this year are by women

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/1-pitchfork-highest-rated/2024/1

but I agree that their ratings are often out of line :puzzled:

11 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

their best ranked albums this year are by women

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/1-pitchfork-highest-rated/2024/1

but I agree that their ratings are often out of line :puzzled:

Pitchfork has rated many « female albums that became classics » a bit (or very much) low upon release, but I guess the « it’s a misogynistic media » narrative isn’t true after all. (I look up the link you gave me and I don’t even know half of the best rated albums there :bebe:)

I read their rating of Billie’s LP in full and I can’t say I totally disagree with them, TBH. (I guess it’s why I enjoy reading critics, to read other POV, though I don’t take any of them as « sacred as the bible » or something)
This is my main question remaining with Billie : as much as I love her work with Finneas, what would an album without him would sound like? 

18 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Pitchfork has rated many « female albums that became classics » a bit (or very much) low upon release, but I guess the « it’s a misogynistic media » narrative isn’t true after all. (I look up the link you gave me and I don’t even know half of the best rated albums there :bebe:)

I read their rating of Billie’s LP in full and I can’t say I totally disagree with them, TBH. (I guess it’s why I enjoy reading critics, to read other POV, though I don’t take any of them as « sacred as the bible » or something)
This is my main question remaining with Billie : as much as I love her work with Finneas, what would an album without him would sound like? 

I don't think Billie exists without Finneas. Just like Radiohead doesn't exit without Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood both. Or Depeche Mode without Dave Gahan and Martin Gore.

The brother and sister build their success together, and their sound is half his, half hers. 

If they were classified as a band named "Binneas," you wouldn't even think to break them apart.

So, no, Billie wouldn't sound as good without him. But that's not the point.

Well it’s a 8 for me atm! It may grow with time. My complaints are the album being too short I love a longer album, and I do feel 3 songs are just average to ok.  My faves are Blue, Birds of a Feather, Bittersuite.  I think this album will be seen as a hidden gem in her discography.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

21 hours ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

Does anyone really love the first part of L’Amour? The second part is fun too but I hate it when the first part ends- I wish it was 2 different songs :noparty:

the 1st part sounds like a bad madison beer song :toofunny:

image.png

49 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Well it’s a 8 for me atm! It may grow with time. My complaints are the album being too short I love a longer album, and I do feel 3 songs are just average to ok.  My faves are Blue, Birds of a Feather, Bittersuite.  I think this album will be seen as a hidden gem in her discography.

For me, tracks 7, 8, and 9 are the weakest run and sound like they belong on her earliest records. The Diner sounds like something off her first album or EP, and Bittersuite sounds straight out of Happier than Ever. 

But the other 7 tracks are fucking golden. And even if the three are weaker, that doesn't make them bad per se. So, I'm going with a strong 8. Definitely will listen more than Happier than Ever or When we all, which I barely ever listen to in full.

I feel like most critics love the record, Melon and Pitch aside, so this might not even be as "hidden" as we think.