Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Is there a link to the recorded livestream?

EDIT: Found this on YT – so the stream lasted only 16 secs?

yeah it's pretty much everything.. it's so short i guess it lasted for 1 min or sth

it's just her driving and thanking fans for loving her song and promising there would be more exciting things coming up?! + singing part of the song and saying "thanks for playing my song on my fav radio station that i listen to every night?!"

giphy.gif

One needs to make the distinction between fans wanting her to do something and not wanting to pressure her to do something she doesn't like. I think all fans want her to do more and better quality promo, and as many have pointed out, the era is still quite young. And while writer first and singer second (as @cashcomesquick posted, and she might have also said "performer last", not sure), something has got to come just to keep her band engaged with her; I mean I always wonder about how she keeps them engaged.

I'm uncertain about the "major label" argument that says being on a major label means she has to act a certain way. It goes back to that picture of her with Kanye West and that top label exec and whether or not the meaning of that picture has changed, or what the original meaning of that picture actually was. I'd always interpreted the picture as saying something like "the label supports diversity and artistic autonomy". Of course, it could be as simple as she was the most photogenic female around, idk. However, LDR has always spoken highly of the label, saying they basically let her do what she wants, which, imo, means they treat her as a kind of experiment that doesn't cost them much (because LDR is responsible for her own promo and development). If that's true, I'm hoping it's symmetrical on her end and that she negotiates each record she puts out (doesn't have and wouldn't accept a multi-record contract). 

As for her wasting anything of her potential, I'd rather whine more about her not giving her pre-BTD work and her post-BTD discards proper archival studio releases, but that's just me and my priorities for how artistry should be promoted.

This whole fanbase is starry eyed. I think we should all just lie back because we've got heaven in our eyes. And we like that. Yes we like that.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

It's crazy to me how well the Love music video is doing. Still getting over 1M views per day after 2 weeks. No other LDR video ever had this much buzz when released.

I honestly think the song still has potential to be a sleeper hit. Gagie's Million Reasons even dropped out of the charts at one point but with some good promo it became a top5 hit, it may seem like Lana and her team have already forgotten about the song but I believe they're just following the original schedule and promo may come at the end of the month and the song still has potential to be successful.

For anyone wondering successful doesn't necessarily mean for it to be a mainstream and for Lana to be a sold out. It means the song is well received and gets praised by the general public.

Yall so concerned about Lana being happy, but wouldn't she be happier to see her music is being appreciated after being so heavily criticized in the past ?

:isee:

giphy.gif

It's crazy to me how well the Love music video is doing. Still getting over 1M views per day after 2 weeks. No other LDR video ever had this much buzz when released.

I honestly think the song still has potential to be a sleeper hit. Gagie's Million Reasons even dropped out of the charts at one point but with some good promo it became a top5 hit, it may seem like Lana and her team have already forgotten about the song but I believe they're just following the original schedule and promo may come at the end of the month and the song still has potential to be successful.

For anyone wondering successful doesn't necessarily mean for it to be a mainstream and for Lana to be a sold out. It means the song is well received and gets praised by the general public.

Yall so concerned about Lana being happy, but wouldn't she be happier to see her music is being appreciated after being so heavily criticized in the past ?

:isee:

The thing with Million Discounted Noses is that Gaga is willing to promote. She will go everywhere and do everything to sing her songs. Even when nobody wants to hear it, she doesn't care. You have to give her credit for being this determined and focused on what she presents. And the fact that she loves to showcase her material.

Since Love is doing terrible on Spotify, radio and perfomances are the only option. Radio is looking into Spotify rankings a lot before adding a song. So there goes her chance. And the last one goes with her not wanting to sing live on TV. 

So we can officially bury her most promising and best single release since Summertime Sadness.

but she tagged her didn't she?

Yes she did. but I think it's because there's a picture of Lana in the corner in that photo? Or maybe she's just giving Johnny promo by trolling Lana stans who are thirsty for a lana x nodland shoot

4BZPaCg.jpg

The thing with Million Discounted Noses is that Gaga is willing to promote. She will go everywhere and do everything to sing her songs. Even when nobody wants to hear it, she doesn't care. You have to give her credit for being this determined and focused on what she presents. And the fact that she loves to showcase her material.

Since Love is doing terrible at Spotify, radio and perfomances are the only option. Radio is looking into Spotify rankings a lot before adding a song. So there goes her chance. And the last one goes with her not wanting to sing live on TV. 

So we can officially bury her most promising and best single release since Summertime Sadness.

as I said, if we still get the promo the song will rise on spotify and other streaming services no matter if the song came out the day before or a month before. It's obvious that right after the release there's more buzz but there is still time for the song to have at least some success. Y&B debuted at 89 and then, thanks to the promo from the film, the song reached the top30 and Lana didn't even sing it on any television show or did almost any radio interviews.

Love is in terms of sound and themes similar to that song and I really believe if Lana plays her cards right it could reach a similar type of success.

I have faith in the song and i'm sure lana and her team do as well but I guess only time will tell x

giphy.gif

She even perfomed in Japan :P ..She wants to it so bad lol 

as I said, if we still get the promo the song will rise on spotify and other streaming services no matter if the song came out the day before or a month before. It's obvious that right after the release there's more buzz but there is still time for the song to have at least some success. Y&B debuted at 89 and then, thanks to the promo from the film, the song reached the top30 and Lana didn't even sing it on any television show or did almost any radio interviews.

Love is in terms of sound and themes similar to that song and I really believe if Lana plays her cards right it could reach a similar type of success.

I have faith in the song and i'm sure lana and her team do as well but I guess only time will tell x

I agree with that..Nothing is over I am very positive right now and she still can make it if she wants

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...