Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Sorry but i could use a bit of over production this era, not the whole album but most of it.

I adore Homeymoon, its my fav, but after that album which feels so restrained production wise, i want something much "bigger" feeling this time around, i want to be fuked up.

I wouldn't call AKA fully acoustic. It's not an overly polished album by any means, but it's also got some pretty obvious computer synthesized stuff on it. Regardless, BTD is a great, grand album, even if UV was better, and I don't really know why there's suddenly such backlash, except for the fact that people seem offended at the idea that "trendy" young women found something relatable about Lana/in her music during that era  :noparty:

I love Born To Die and I'd love a BTD 2.0. It's just that it was overproduced. That doesn't make it bad. Just overproduced.

That said, I also want more albums like Ultraviolence, where she's pushed into creating stuff like that.

giphy.gif

Also can you guys tell me what song you listened to? I'm pretty sure the BAR I listened to didn't serve clear vocals. Lana served clearer vocals on the 1949 demo. :awkney:

Well to be fair the highest quality available is 94kbps.

The thing w heavy productions is that they get old fast. That's why most EDM tracks age like milk. That's why most pop music sounds unlistenable after like mere months. Honeymoon for instance might not be drowning in beats and samples and whatnot but its production is perfectly layered and refined and I appreciate how each musical element is in perfect harmony within the record

I want fire for this album.

Sick beats. Big huge beats, breaks and drops.

I just want a big climax. Like the shouting stutter in the end of TIWMUG. And these crazy strings at the end of OTTR.

The thing w heavy productions is that they get old fast. That's why most EDM tracks age like milk. That's why most pop music sounds unlistenable after like mere months. Honeymoon for instance might not be drowning in beats and samples and whatnot but its production is perfectly layered and refined and I appreciate how each musical element is in perfect harmony within the record

Spotify disagrees.

Comatose has literally no streams compared to her last albums which means people are not listening to it after release.

They got tired of it.

I want fire for this album.

Sick beats. Big huge beats, breaks and drops.

I just want a big climax. Like the shouting stutter in the end of TIWMUG. And these crazy strings at the end of OTTR.

Spotify disagrees.

Comatose has literally no streams compared to her last albums which means people are not listening to it after release.

They got tired of it.

Who the fuck cares. Most people are offensively tasteless(including yourself)

I wish they would have made it sound more polished though because polished ≠ overproduced. i just want to hear her vocals sound like they're recorded in a studio and not some public bathroom.

i76mrxw.png 

Lmao continue being ignorant and dismissive despite being proven wrong.

A LOOSE stan talking about "taste".

Are you hearing yourself? Spotify stats are nothing to brag about. Justin Bieber has the most streamed song on the platform. Spotify is not an indicator of quality, obviously

The thing is, people with taste, like myself and various critics, have noted how good the production on the record is. Now fucking disappear

I mean I kinda like BAR now, but I still don't see how it's one of her best songs. The only highlights are the pre-chorus and bridge. 

I also don't see how the final will be shorter, or how she'll remove something without ruining the rest of the song. 

I wouldn't say its her best song but people are saying lyrically it is. Same i don't see how you can cut this shorter 

People with a brain would know why certain albums are praised and panned.

Critics don't review music and more about circumstances surrounding the artist.

Critics don't mean shit.

And Stanning Taylor Swift is not of a person with good taste.