Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Love and BAR sound to me like a fusion of BTD, UV, and HM. Anyone else that vibe?

Yup I get what you're trying to say. To me the beat for BAR is BTD-ish, the melody and the guitar is UV-ish.

What worries me is the rumours going around saying BAR is 2 minutes shorter for the finished version. I can't possibly think what she would remove, cause BAR demo is so beautiful. 

nF70D0F.png

I want fire for this album.

Sick beats. Big huge beats, breaks and drops.

I just want a big climax. Like the shouting stutter in the end of TIWMUG. And these crazy strings at the end of OTTR.

Spotify disagrees.

Comatose has literally no streams compared to her last albums which means people are not listening to it after release.

They got tired of it.

Why denigrate HM's accomplishment all the time with these funny names? That's a general comment, not specifically at you. I mean it sold poorly relative to BTD and more popular artists one can name, but it's still doing well relative to other artists one can cite in a more similar category, at least in terms of being female, offbeat, ambitious, but not necessarily less poppy (e.g., Corrine Bailey Rae, Kimbra, Chelsea Wolfe, Esperanza Spalding, P.J. Harvey, Marina and the Diamonds, St. Vincent, Grimes, Regina Spektor, Janelle Monae, Imogen Heap). It's also interesting to me that the spotify streams for HM are about the same for Florence's How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (deluxe) -- 245 vs. 246 million, respectively. Not to shade Florence but she does promo and beats, right? 

Why denigrate HM's accomplishment all the time with these funny names? That's a general comment, not specifically at you. I mean it sold poorly relative to BTD and more popular artists one can name, but it's still doing well relative to other artists one can cite in a more similar category, at least in terms of being female, offbeat, ambitious, but not necessarily less poppy (e.g., Corrine Bailey Rae, Kimbra, Chelsea Wolfe, Esperanza Spalding, P.J. Harvey, Marina and the Diamonds, St. Vincent, Grimes, Regina Spektor, Janelle Monae, Imogen Heap). It's also interesting to me that the spotify streams for HM are about the same for Florence's How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful (deluxe) -- 245 vs. 246 million, respectively. Not to shade Florence but she does promo and beats, right? 

You are comparing her to artists that she can not be compared with career-wise. Marina used to be on an indie label and never had the audience Lana had. Some oters on here are also on  indie labels who never had the exposure or who are capable of gaining a lot for attention for their releases. PJ Harvey debuted in 1991. That's 26 years ago.

Ultraviolence is her best album because it sounds like more closer to herself, the quality and production of this album is amazing. BTD is a good album but it's not even closer to Ultraviolence.

The evolution of her lyrics in songs her songs of Ultraviolence compared to BTD is magnificent. BTD sounds like a dream girl who wants fame and attention but at the same time she tells a story of what you have to do to gain fame, it's something a little bit superficial- - an American dream. It looks like Lizzy Grant turning Lana Del Rey and thinking about the day when she will be famous

Ultraviolence is completely different, real and beautiful.

I like her evolution, it's notorious.

Ultraviolence is her best album because it sounds like more closer to herself, the quality and production of this album is amazing. BTD is a good album but it's not even closer to Ultraviolence.

The evolution of her lyrics in songs her songs of Ultraviolence compared to BTD is magnificent. BTD sounds like a dream girl who wants fame and attention but at the same time she tells a story of what you have to do to gain fame, it's something a little bit superficial- - an American dream. It looks like Lizzy Grant turning Lana Del Rey and thinking about the day when she will be famous

Ultraviolence is completely different, real and beautiful.

I like her evolution, it's notorious.

I love how raw and stripped back Ultraviolence was like how she recorded PWYC in one take.

for me it's not that honeymoon production was refined, or even quiet, it was just kind of boring. I think the production has to rise and fall it gives impact rather than always being in your face or not helping the song along

You are comparing her to artists that she can not be compared with career-wise. Marina used to be on an indie label and never had the audience Lana had. Some oters on here are also on  indie labels who never had the exposure or who are capable of gaining a lot for attention for their releases. PJ Harvey debuted in 1991. That's 26 years ago.

You're right that this or that particular artist may not be applicable to her, but my larger point is that the reference group you compare her to can also be according to the kind of music she puts out (and maybe that's how LDR guages how well she thinks she's doing, idk). On a more absolute scale just under a quarter of a billion streams on spotify for HM (with her minimal promo approach) is not negligible, and Florence does seem to be comparable to her on spotify right now with her most recent release (and I think Florence has a more vigorous approach to both music and promo, although her label may not be as big as interscope). It ought to be interesting to see how LDR5 will fare, given people are thinking it's going to be more popular sounding.

for me it's not that honeymoon production was refined, or even quiet, it was just kind of boring. I think the production has to rise and fall it gives impact rather than always being in your face or not helping the song along

Not necessarily. Some songs tend to be "boring", like Honeymoon.