LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

the slayage of BAR leaking lasted about 2 hours

where is lana

where is the promo

where are the performances

where are the magazine shoots

where are the interviews

where are the world tours

Lorde talked too much shit in her career, she has no respect and like Azealia Banks doesn't understand that you have to pay your dues to the business.. no matter who TF you are. Lorde is dead to me because she makes music for Tennie Boppers and considers herself to be a high class artist while critiquing other artists to censor their content... she's an idiot

But enough about Lorde.. Lana needs to give us some information so people stop hacking into her spaces.. she's left us so thirsty for so long that's really the only way to avoid future leaks!!!!! RELEASE INFORMATION LANA ITS SERIOUSLY BEEN LONG ENOUGH, HACKERS ARE GETTING THIRSTY AND IT WILL GET WORSE!!

Lorde talked too much shit in her career, she has no respect and like Azealia Banks doesn't understand that you have to pay your dues to the business.. no matter who TF you are. Lorde is dead to me because she makes music for Tennie Boppers and considers herself to be a high class artist while critiquing other artists to censor their content... she's an idiot

How old was she during PH era ? 17 ? She was just bratty teenager as all we were. Everybody is so radical at that age. Let her mature.

I feel like I need a pat on the back for still keeping the flame of my fanaticism to Lana on. I love her music, her lyrics and the vibe she permeates in each of her works; but I must say that I still find it very difficult to admit that Lana is more of a contemplative artist than one who can really interact and the fact that Lana (and from what you can see, also her team) doesn't give a shit about the promo.

Although I'm glad that since the beginning of her career she has never lost the quality of her music.

Her team/Interscope is a MESS, she doesn't want to perform on TV? Ok but at least put the song on the biggest Spotify playlists, get a radio deal, use shazam to reveal exclusive content, promote the song on Facebook/twitter/Instagram

Marie Claire & Harper's Bazaar (the magazines that Lana followed) announce their cover stars at the beginning of every month. Should be in a few days I hope Lana will be in one of them lol. Or maybe next month

ok you anonymously bitching on the internet about two artists you've never met or know personally is like 100000% irrelevant to a thread about Lana's upcoming album. 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I really hope there will be some non-neil krug/non-chuck photoshoots this era. Both of them can take really nice pics but let's be honest it's been way too long.

ugh first Shakira and now Lana Del Rey, i have such a bad history of stanning successful artists and then they just lose their magic touch with promo and making their fans excited

when we talk about performances, the only performances we can talk about are from the BTD ERA! theres no performances for the uv and hm era

when we talk about promo, we only talk about BTD because she was everywhere back then

when we talk about magazine shoots and interviews we mostly talk about BTD and UV

im so disappointed

until lana decides to stop being silent and gets help for her coffee addiction, I will be rocking out to green light

I actually agree with all of this. There is no effort. All we get are shaky videos from several festivals, hardly any inteviews and barely any interaction with her fans. All other fanbases get so much more. 

But in the end, I am not surprised. This fanbase as a whole is messed up. I don't blame Lana's team for not pushing her to come out of her shell or Lana herself being remotly interested. Whenever they browse this forum they will find plenty of posts where her OWN FANS don't want to see her on TV or hear her music on the radio. When there is no demand even from your supporters, why even trying? Who will be here for it when her fans aren't either?

Either this fanbase is packed with lowlifes with suicidal tendencies who hardly care about themselves or the rest of us just simply needs to be more vocal about wanting to see and hear more from Lana.

I really hope there will be some non-neil krug/non-chuck photoshoots this era. Both of them can take really nice pics but let's be honest it's been way too long.

We need a photographer that understands what the rule of thirds is.. Sorry to be shitting on them but like a high school art student could do a better job than those fools. I want some real hq, well done, and just overall aesthetically pleasing photos this era. No more pictures taken on a camera that chuck got for $5 at a thrift shop and no more crappy "vintage" filters they got off instagram.... If lana wants to seem legit, she need to spend some of the millions of $$$ she makes on a DECENT cover photo..

We need a photographer that understands what the rule of thirds is.. Sorry to be shitting on them but like a high school art student could do a better job than those fools. I want some real hq, well done, and just overall aesthetically pleasing photos this era. No more pictures taken on a camera that chuck got for $5 at a thrift shop and no more crappy "vintage" filters they got off instagram.... If lana wants to seem legit, she need to spend some of the millions of $$$ she makes on a DECENT cover photo..

Amen. Like it's time for a proper album cover.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

The fact that 99% of the fans not wanting to see Lana succeed became fans and got introduced to Lana during uv or hm though. They weren't here when the slayage during btd and paradise happened. They "don't know what they're missing out on". Also sometimes I feel as if some people can't comprehend that Lana won't become a Selena Gomez 2.0 just because she gets some exposure, girl did two H&M campaigns and a jaguar deal and didn't deliver any Teenage Dream bop for them. Sometimes you also have to understand that she needs exposure in order to serve you 'trailblazer icon' and headlining coachella or Glastonbury status.

i76mrxw.png 

the slayage of BAR leaking lasted about 2 hours

where is lana

where is the promo

where are the performances

where are the magazine shoots

where are the interviews

where are the world tours

I don't know why you were expecting her to do something different from what she usually does.

the leaks ARE her promo. its the only time things are exciting and hectic in this fanbase

I'd agree with this, but it's definitely not intentional. There's no way these leaks are intentionally be used as promo when she's squandering the buzz she gets from them.

If Lana tried to push it back any further than April, I feel like it would suddenly leak to force her hand.. She doesn't need to anyway, it's not like she does promo. Just have Billboard, Nylon and MTV News call her up in the same week and let her sleep the rest of the era away. 

This is why I hope it leaks early. 

giphy.gif