Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Since we're complaining, let me do it:

I wish her lashes were like in 2010, now they're just too thick and dark, ugh.. I mean, COME ON LANA, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?! FIX YOUR :)ING LASHES, THEN WE CAN TALK!! 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

Its really weird how people are camping in this thread just to express their constant dissatisfaction w everything Lana does. Like move the fuck on if you're so let down or whatever. Are you a masochist or something

kxUwvoV.gif

don't you do this in other artists threads though?

kxUwvoV.gif

Since we're complaining, let me do it:

I wish her lashes were like in 2010, now they're just too thick and dark, ugh.. I mean, COME ON LANA, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?! FIX YOUR :)ING LASHES, THEN WE CAN TALK!!

Sorry but i think the real issue is her big toe.

I preferred how she used it in 2012, now it looks bad.

She just keeps letting me down.

$1400 was the cost of attending the entire festival over the course of the past week, not just one Lana performance. This was a cherry on top for the people who attended, not the main course.

Oh. That's good.

I come on here are y'all speculating whether Lana is on her period and if she has a heavy flow.

Mess. :facepalm:

We need album info, stat.

-------------

Why do people here get so in their feelings about people critiquing what Lana does? She's not your mom, you know.

giphy.gif

Sorry but i think the real issue is her big toe.

I preferred how she used it in 2012, now it looks bad.

She just keeps letting me down.

OMG I KNOW!! That's really frustrating, we want old Lana back 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

It's obvious that she has adjusted her stage presence to arenas and didn't know what to do with herself in an intimate, quiet setting. Queen of the big stage! :flutter:

The people who are supposed to be her fans are receiving her performance last night way more negatively than reviewers (this one was literally all positive http://www.stereogum.com/1930449/lana-del-rey-performs-love-for-the-first-time-at-intimate-sxsw-show/video/).And basically it's because they have a problem with the sameness of her setlist (it was what 10 songs? what would you have liked?) and how she looked. I'm tired of people constantly trying to bring her down because of how she looks. She's beautiful and honestly if she wasn't it shouldn't matter there's more to her than her looks and men aren't questioned about what they wear. She's not here to look good for you. This wasn't even for you this was for industry people who obviously get it more than you all do. So whine that it wasn't energetic enough but she didn't announce it 6 months before and she didn't allow recording for a reason-- this wasn't meant for you all to pick apart but obviously you'll do it anyways because everyone on here feels so fucking entitled. 

y'all: wow can't believe Lana did a small show for a festival where she performed most of her well known songs along with her current single. how could she betray me like this?? I'm unstanning! 

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I know the performance was a general letdown but did anyone else really love that version of UV? I thought it was beautiful! The baby yeahs in the chorus and the different inflections made it sound like a whole new song! Idk if she's performed it that way before, I just noticed it last night

I compiled some comments Lana has made about her career in interviews from all stages, so that when people start whining about what they want out of her career they can remind themselves about what she wants  :hooker: 

Do you hope to tour the world?

No, what I’d honestly like to do is just stay here in New York. I’ve been here for seven years and I just love it here. I’ve been to almost every country and really, for me, nothing compares to New York. I’m just obsessed -- I’m in love. Every day in New York is a good day. I mean, here’s my ambitions: my big plan is to get residency back down in the West Village. When everything is said and done, I’ll do my tour, I’m gonna do my live television, but what I’d like to do is have residency in the West Village and do my other work that’s important to me on the side. And that would be a better life than most because I’d be doing what I wanted.

Did the idea of being a pop star drive you?

“I wanted to be part of a high-class scene of musicians. It was half inspired because I didn’t really have many friends, and I was hoping that I would meet people and fall in love with and start a community around me, the way they used to in the ‘60s. I wanted to be recognised as a good singer, and not much more than that.”

“On Monday they destroyed me but by Friday I’m revived… I’ve got nothing much to live for ever since I found my fame,” you sing on ‘God Knows I Tried’. Is life in the spotlight as crushing for you as it sounds? What are the most extreme situations you’ve found yourself in because of fame?

“There were unusual situations I found myself in that I didn’t know how to extract myself from, situations that needed more attention than me or the people around me knew how to handle at first. I think that song was a reminder to myself that if you don’t want the problems that come with being in the spotlight the best thing you can do is try and take yourself out of the spotlight when you’re not on stage.”

“When you find everything you love and you lose it, and for me that was music, your ambitions definitely start to change,” she explains. “They have to. My goals have shifted from wanting to become an important artist to becoming an active member of my community. It’s really nice my music is being played and people are taking notice, but music isn’t my primary focus anymore. Not even close. My goal is to be a good person who lives with dignity and grace.”

“I’ve learned to do things just for myself, and the fact things have kind of worked out now is just icing on the cake.”

But, um, isn't she selling people this music? "I'm not selling the record," she says. "I'm signed to a label who's selling the record. I don't need to make any money. I really could care less. But I do care about making music. I would do it either way. So that's why it has to be on my terms."

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

Wait, you guys are trolling, right? Um, y'all are the same people who have given this thread more than 300 pages of nonsense complains and 100 different kinds of shitposting but suddenly you all are so done with members criticizing her show. :awkney:

Ok. 

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Wait, you guys are trolling, right? Um, y'all are the same people who have given this thread more than 300 pages of nonsense complains and 100 different kinds of shitposting but suddenly you all are so done with members criticizing her show. :awkney:

Ok. 

that's kind of a generalization though... I've been defending her the whole time, I am allowed to defend her now. I can't believe more people on LANAboards aren't defending lana. Also, there's a big difference between "I would love to see x" or "Honeymoon could have been improved with x" and "she looked like a mess" "I'm unstanning" "that was horrible" any kind of fat shaming, whatever. You can have an opinion but so many people on her are being total assholes and would be so ashamed if Lana ever saw all their rude misogynist bullshit