Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

I did not say it was bad. I said it was short and that makes it hard for her to really add any variations, and i literally NEVER said she was passionless. I said that people were complaining that she was passionless. That whole thing was a defense of her. Not sure where you're getting this from.

I don't get why a shorter setlist means no variation. The fact she kept the setlist from her festival tour by default is already laughable. You can play 10 songs and not do the same stuff you always do. Apart from Video Games, I don't see any obligatory tracks, she even decided to drop HBTB and WC. It's about how much you are actually willing to do things in a dynamic way and this concert did not really sparkle of enthusiasm and passion on Lana's part.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't get why a shorter setlist means no variation. The fact she kept the setlist from her festival tour by default is already laughable. You can play 10 songs and not do the same stuff you always do. Apart from Video Games, I don't see any obligatory tracks, she even decided to drop HBTB and WC. It's about how much you are actually willing to do things in a dynamic way and this concert did not really sparkle of enthusiasm and passion on Lana's part.

Look I'm fine with people saying they wish the setlist had more variation. Like I don't have a problem with that you said. I just was getting frustrated because people were saying things rudely. There is a big difference between offering an opinion or critique and bashing her. My main point wasn't even about the setlist it was about people shaming how she looked so don't think I'm going to have a big fight with you on this. I didn't see a huge problem with the setlist because it was short so she has less room to play around, but I also can understand other points of view on this. My point was not to say that I thought the setlist was perfect, rather to speak out against people who were berating her for a performance no one outside of Lanaboards seemed to find disappointing. 

I mean, yeah she loves playing these old songs, but if you think about BTD there are hardly any other songs she would sing anyway. Sure, I would love to hear DMD and Radio, but I don't think she likes them.

When it comes to Paradise, I think Gods and Monsters would fit into the setlist nicely.

With UV, the same as with BTD. Maybe Old Money would be nice, but the ones she sings like Cruel World (which needs to go), UV and Shades are pretty much her in 2017. More than other songs on that album.

While I personally dislike Honeymoon, I find it a pity she doesn't sing Art Deco and MTWBT, but other than that, the rest of the album is pretty dull. I hope, I will never hear the title track ever again.

I just hope she and her band really do a lot of new songs this summer. Most artists can not wait to sing new material live, only Lana hates it.

When it comes to nervoursness, I think a vocal coach could really help. Remember when Gags took vocal lessons so that she could perform at the Oscars? I mean, she has a stronger voice than Lana, is more consitent in her singing, but she overtook her own pride and booked one.

On the other hand, there is somebody like Katy Perry. Been away for almost 4 years and did nothing. And you can hear her shakiness in every single performance of CTTR. I am like: gurl, what were you doing in these last few years?

Vocals are only skills. Lana has a nice tone, she can hit the high and low notes, there just needs to be more consitency and I am sure that even her anxiety before performing would go away, not entirely but it would boost her confidence.

What really bothers me is that Lana seems to reach out for new things every year, loves experimenting in the studio, breaks genre boundaries, seeks for new sounds etc. but when it comes to performing live she sticks to the same 10 tracks every damn time. And this, in comparison with the fact she gets bored real quickly, really suprises me.

When I think about that the only thing I can really process is that I still, after stanning her for 5 years, have no idea who this girl is and what's on her mind

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I mean, yeah she loves playing these old songs, but if you think about BTD there are hardly any other songs she would sing anyway. Sure, I would love to hear DMD and Radio, but I don't think she likes them.

When it comes to Paradise, I think Gods and Monsters would fit into the setlist nicely.

With UV, the same as with BTD. Maybe Old Money would be nice, but the ones she sings like Cruel World (which needs to go), UV and Shades are pretty much her in 2017. More than other songs on that album.

While I personally dislike Honeymoon, I find it a pity she doesn't sing Art Deco and MTWBT, but other than that, the rest of the album is pretty dull. I hope, I will never hear the title track ever again.

I just hope she and her band really do a lot of new songs this summer. Most artists can not wait to sing new material live, only Lana hates it.

When it comes to nervoursness, I think a vocal coach could really help. Remember when Gags took vocal lessons so that she could perform at the Oscars? I mean, she has a stronger voice than Lana, is more consitent in her singing, but she overtook her own pride and booked one.

On the other hand, there is somebody like Katy Perry. Been away for almost 4 years and did nothing. And you can hear her shakiness in every single performance of CTTR. I am like: gurl, what were you doing in these last few years?

Vocals are only skills. Lana has a nice tone, she can hit the high and low notes, there just needs to be more consitency and I am sure that even her anxiety before performing would go away, not entirely but it would boost her confidence.

I agree about the vocal coach..It's not about "fixing" the voice or proving that Lana can't sing but a basic technique really gives confidence to the singing and that's what Lana needs

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I agree about the vocal coach..It's not about "fixing" the voice or proving that Lana can't sing but a basic technique really gives confidence to the singing and that's what Lana needs

And I mean, it's not like you are making a press conference when you have hired one. Ppl would just enjoy her boost in confidence

I think Lana needs to regularly see a vocal coach, it can be easy to forget how to use your head/chest voice correctly.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I mean she's never seen one probably have you heard Off To The Races or Radio these few times live

That's always a mess

I love her tone obviously but her technique opens the back door and runs for its life half the times she performs live

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif