Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

I compiled some comments Lana has made about her career in interviews from all stages, so that when people start whining about what they want out of her career they can remind themselves about what she wants  :hooker: 

Do you hope to tour the world?

No, what I’d honestly like to do is just stay here in New York. I’ve been here for seven years and I just love it here. I’ve been to almost every country and really, for me, nothing compares to New York. I’m just obsessed -- I’m in love. Every day in New York is a good day. I mean, here’s my ambitions: my big plan is to get residency back down in the West Village. When everything is said and done, I’ll do my tour, I’m gonna do my live television, but what I’d like to do is have residency in the West Village and do my other work that’s important to me on the side. And that would be a better life than most because I’d be doing what I wanted.

Did the idea of being a pop star drive you?

“I wanted to be part of a high-class scene of musicians. It was half inspired because I didn’t really have many friends, and I was hoping that I would meet people and fall in love with and start a community around me, the way they used to in the ‘60s. I wanted to be recognised as a good singer, and not much more than that.”

“On Monday they destroyed me but by Friday I’m revived… I’ve got nothing much to live for ever since I found my fame,” you sing on ‘God Knows I Tried’. Is life in the spotlight as crushing for you as it sounds? What are the most extreme situations you’ve found yourself in because of fame?

“There were unusual situations I found myself in that I didn’t know how to extract myself from, situations that needed more attention than me or the people around me knew how to handle at first. I think that song was a reminder to myself that if you don’t want the problems that come with being in the spotlight the best thing you can do is try and take yourself out of the spotlight when you’re not on stage.”

“When you find everything you love and you lose it, and for me that was music, your ambitions definitely start to change,” she explains. “They have to. My goals have shifted from wanting to become an important artist to becoming an active member of my community. It’s really nice my music is being played and people are taking notice, but music isn’t my primary focus anymore. Not even close. My goal is to be a good person who lives with dignity and grace.”

“I’ve learned to do things just for myself, and the fact things have kind of worked out now is just icing on the cake.”

But, um, isn't she selling people this music? "I'm not selling the record," she says. "I'm signed to a label who's selling the record. I don't need to make any money. I really could care less. But I do care about making music. I would do it either way. So that's why it has to be on my terms."

Show this to the twinks on here who demand for her to do over the top promo. I said it before, I'll say it again: She doesn't want that kinda life anymore. Just accept that. I support Lana and how she wants to handle her career.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Wtf I actually liked. Send the original to me please, i want to make a cover

ahh i'm sorry I edited it on a pre-cropped photo!! I tried to edit it so I could put the outer parts in but it was distorted.

MORE TRASH* LESS TALK

I understand people's frustration here. I mean, she has all these released songs that she never/rarely sings live. She could have a whole setlist with never performed live songs, so it's frustrating when she doesn't add some of them to the regular setlist. It's like why have a new album when you don't perform most of it at a show. It baffles me, but I love her anyway. I saw her once, and I don't think I'll see her again unless she starts changing up her setlist. It was an incredible experience, but I don't need to experience it twice (this is my favorite artist we're talking about).

Hopefully things change after this new album, but my expectations are low as fuck.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

People really complaining about her voice for that first Love performance? She sounds perfectly fine....

She's a little off-key so it sounds weird.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Wait, you guys are trolling, right? Um, y'all are the same people who have given this thread more than 300 pages of nonsense complains and 100 different kinds of shitposting but suddenly you all are so done with members criticizing her show. :awkney:

Ok. 

Yeah go do it in the show thread :noir:

The people who are supposed to be her fans are receiving her performance last night way more negatively than reviewers (this one was literally all positive http://www.stereogum.com/1930449/lana-del-rey-performs-love-for-the-first-time-at-intimate-sxsw-show/video/).And basically it's because they have a problem with the sameness of her setlist (it was what 10 songs? what would you have liked?) and how she looked. I'm tired of people constantly trying to bring her down because of how she looks. She's beautiful and honestly if she wasn't it shouldn't matter there's more to her than her looks and men aren't questioned about what they wear. She's not here to look good for you. This wasn't even for you this was for industry people who obviously get it more than you all do. So whine that it wasn't energetic enough but she didn't announce it 6 months before and she didn't allow recording for a reason-- this wasn't meant for you all to pick apart but obviously you'll do it anyways because everyone on here feels so fucking entitled.

How can you admit the setlist was bad and that she was passion-less and then complain about people not liking it? Makes no sense.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

So will the next 20 pages be filled with people sucking Lana's ass and saying she can do no wrong? because that's what it looks like it's going to be.

giphy.gif

I love how when something actually happens, there are only two pages for it, and the rest is y'all arguing over what brand of chips she ate for a snack last saturday night, while questioning what fabric her couch that she sat on whilst eating the chips, is made of, and judging if she was watching Greys Anatomy, or Law and Order.

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

It could be better sure, but I got to see the whole show (sort of), so I can't complain too much. 

Below might be best in terms of sound recording, although the recording process apparently is bad at synching auditory with visual (so it looks like she lip synchs sometimes). Very definite Plato "shadows on the cave wall" vibe, which I think she appreciates as a compromise towards disclosure to all her fans, while giving her paying customers some exclusivity in terms of the quality of the experience.  Hope this stays up (as evidence to what I just said). 

The Love performance was somewhat mutilated in this recording, but as many have noted it's not her best live song anyway. In terms of general music criticism, I'd like it more if she went full-blown acoustic (as in MTV unplugged) and just lose all the stems or pre-recorded effects. My favorite performance was SOC (and Cruel World) for that reason. The guitar bridge was so soft I actually heard the lyrics there! Anyway, not going to criticize her too much:

This is what makes us stans

We all look for perfection and we put our love first

Won't find anything to criticize, it's our curse

Don't cry about it, don't cry about it.

It could be better sure, but I got to see the whole show (sort of), so I can't complain too much. 

Below might be best in terms of sound recording, although the recording process apparently is bad at synching auditory with visual (so it looks like she lip synchs sometimes). Very definite Plato "shadows on the cave wall" vibe, which I think she appreciates as a compromise towards disclosure to all her fans, while giving her paying customers some exclusivity in terms of the quality of the experience.  Hope this stays up (as evidence to what I just said). 

The Love performance was somewhat mutilated in this recording, but as many have noted it's not her best live song anyway. In terms of general music criticism, I'd like it more if she went full-blown acoustic (as in MTV unplugged) and just lose all the stems or pre-recorded effects. My favorite performance was SOC (and Cruel World) for that reason. The guitar bridge was so soft I actually heard the lyrics there! Anyway, not going to criticize her too much:

This is what makes us stans

We all look for perfection and we put our love first

Won't find anything to criticize, it's our curse

Don't cry about it, don't cry about it.

Ugh I'd love her to do an acoustic mtv unplugged show. That would be everything.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

How can you admit the setlist was bad and that she was passion-less and then complain about people not liking it? Makes no sense.

I did not say it was bad. I said it was short and that makes it hard for her to really add any variations, and i literally NEVER said she was passionless. I said that people were complaining that she was passionless. That whole thing was a defense of her. Not sure where you're getting this from. 

Welp, no surprises concerning the setlist apart from SoC

Lana gurl, I love you but please switch it up a bit. I really hope she'll perform more than only 2 or 3 songs from the new album this summer

image.png