Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

box sets are sold in Australian JBHiFi Stores, but they are probably imports from the Universal UK store cause the price is around $90AUD which is $40 more than buying online ... JBHiFi is known for importing boxsets and its quite awesome but the prices -_-...

While the front cover is alright (I'll chalk it up as yet another Lana Quirks in Decision Making), the back cover is indeed delightful. I wonder who decided to use that Jan Brueghel Sr.'s Temptation in The Garden of Eden painting.

2006AP4517_jpg_l.jpg

But then, I really thought that it could use Hieronymus Bosch's The Garden of Earthly Delight. It's all kinds of twisted, disturbing, beauty, light & dark, and dork and phantasmagorical depiction of Heaven and Hell, of monsters and sinful pleasures (with enough nudity for the fan of male and female form); but Savage Garden already got that one and even got the noir, dualism, b/w photography down pat x]

delighto.jpg

delightc.jpg

delightl.jpg

delightr.jpg

delightd.jpg

These Dutch painters.. let's forget the 50s-60s for a while, who wants to transport me to 14th-15th century Europe?

Anyways, any info or HQs on the floral and sunrise/sunset pic?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Is the Paradise Edition going to be mastered for iTunes like BTD was(: And can I still get the BoxSet if I live in the U.S.

yes, i think so. and the box set can be shipped to almost everywhere.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

A Bosch painting on an LDR record would be great! Neal, we can just forget '50s/'60s art forever. I love the back cover of the record, seems very Lana to me. Is that just for the box set or is it also on the double disc and single disc sets? I can't wait to buy the CD on Tuesday! I still haven't listened to the album because i want to listen to it on my stereo. Fuck mp3s.

Question: Can anyone confirm for sure whether tracks 1-15 are remastered or if they use the same master as BTD? Is there any info in the booklet maybe? Any mention of "Remastered by" or something like that?

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Question: Can anyone confirm for sure whether tracks 1-15 are remastered or if they use the same master as BTD? Is there any info in the booklet maybe? Any mention of "Remastered by" or something like that?

They definitely sounded louder than the originals. I can't tell if they're more compressed or not though. I was hoping you'd be able to help me figure it out, but you're waiting until Thursday like a dummy with self-control, smh. :diva:

14417469274.gif