Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

@

Modern feminism is pointless? Nothing left to accomplish? What rock are you living under? Lmao

Read up about intersectionality, it's not a hard concept to grasp....you'll find that modern feminism, in fact, has very much left to accomplish on many different levels. Take a look at abortion laws in the southern United States. You'll find that in some states, it is nearly impossible for women to get an abortion, have access to contraceptives/STI testing, and other necessities because of their repressed, puritanical representatives.

When there are multiple institutions in western societies that still keep health care out of reach and billionaire companies that continue to keep a wage gap (again, this is where intersectionality comes in, Hispanic and African-American women are disproportionately affected by this) there is still TONS to accomplish, and that is just skimming the surface of "first world problems" that women experience. Don't be ignorant.

Since this record will most likely be an incohesive mess due to all the collabs, I'm requesting @Lana Del Rey collab with Britney Spears already.

-Long time inspiration ✓

-Breathy vocals ✓

Makes more sense to me than Marina or Sean Lemon tbh. Make it happen @@Ben Mawson.

28v87ro.jpg

VyIsfwC.jpg

Since this record will most likely be an incohesive mess due to all the collabs, I'm requesting @Lana Del Rey collab with Britney Spears already.

-Long time inspiration ✓

-Breathy vocals ✓

Makes more sense to me than Marina or Sean Lemon tbh. Make it happen @@Ben Mawson.

28v87ro.jpg

Yes.

@

Modern feminism is pointless? Nothing left to accomplish? What rock are you living under? Lmao

Read up about intersectionality, it's not a hard concept to grasp....you'll find that modern feminism, in fact, has very much left to accomplish on many different levels. Take a look at abortion laws in the southern United States. You'll find that in some states, it is nearly impossible for women to get an abortion, have access to contraceptives/STI testing, and other necessities because of their repressed, puritanical representatives.

When there are multiple institutions in western societies that still keep health care out of reach and billionaire companies that continue to keep a wage gap (again, this is where intersectionality comes in, Hispanic and African-American women are disproportionately affected by this) there is still TONS to accomplish, and that is just skimming the surface of "first world problems" that women experience. Don't be ignorant.

Important! I don't want to be more off-topic than we already are but "first world" "third wave" "feminazi bullshit" is still super important. Minority woman still have it harder, definitely, but you're scum if you think feminism is useless/just free the nipple bullshit.

A lot of people are just scared of feminism because of "man haters", etc. But that's not feminism. In society, we spend so much time making labels we forget to take them away. Someone who hates men ISNT a feminist. The person who bombed Manchester ISNT a Muslim. The KKK ARENT Christians. Feminism, in all quantities is important no matter where you come from.

Abortions are still a problem. Rape is still a problem. The wage gap is still a problem. Etc. When I was uneducated and 14 I was one of those anti-feminists who thought it was all man-hating first world problems until I realised how it actually affect me and the women around me.

Unfortunate, sad statements I can make that make me passionate about feminism:

1. The first time I was sexually harassed by strangers was Age 11.

2 I know girls who have been raped by family members to no justice.

3 I know girls who have been gang raped to no justice.

4. I know girls (including myself) who had boyfriends that wouldn't stop when told.

5. I know girls that get sexually harassed on the street just for having unique styles.

6. Countless more.

And the saddest thing is? You all know these girls too. Not those specific girls, but girls in similar situations. You just all don't know it. You never know what's under the surface until it hits you.

Feminism is important in all qualities and you'll never change my mind about that. Some things aren't feminism and we shouldn't be afraid to say it's not, but saying it's useless in our countries? No. Feminism is so important. You can never tell 11 year old me otherwise.

And I'm glad Lana is finally confronting it in the new album. I cannot wait to hear God Bless America.

Yes!!! So important! One of my favourite TED talks, it's so easy to sit through.

That's another really important thing too, in this video she mentions in societies its hard to see oppression you've been trained to believe isn't there.

To paraphrase, she talks about her and a male friend (who doesn't think feminism is needed in their country, I believe somewhere in africa?) at a car valet and she tips the man at the valet. The man at the valet turns to her male friend and says thank you because he believes he's the husband/breadwinner/she doesn't earn her own keep. And that's when her friend turned to her and realised there are tons of sexist things that happen without you even knowing.

And little things happen like that in America, Europe, etc. You just don't notice because it's what society says is okay in media, entertainment, etc. To us it's an obviously sexist story, to their culture? Maybe not. So what's not obviously sexist to us? Lots of things, you just have to look for them.

Love this speech. If you don't consider yourself a feminist, please watch it!

Yes!!! So important! One of my favourite TED talks, it's so easy to sit through.

That's another really important thing too, in this video she mentions in societies its hard to see oppression you've been trained to believe isn't there.

To paraphrase, she talks about her and a male friend (who doesn't think feminism is needed in their country, I believe somewhere in africa?) at a car valet and she tips the man at the valet. The man at the valet turns to her male friend and says thank you because he believes he's the husband/breadwinner/she doesn't earn her own keep. And that's when her friend turned to her and realised there are tons of sexist things that happen without you even knowing.

And little things happen like that in America, Europe, etc. You just don't notice because it's what society says is okay in media, entertainment, etc. To us it's an obviously sexist story, to their culture? Maybe not. So what's not obviously sexist to us? Lots of things, you just have to look for them.

Love this speech. If you don't consider yourself a feminist, please watch it!

I could've never said it that well! :heart: Yeah, it's basically about situations in everyday life that show how important feminism (still) is. One of my favourite speeches ever, so inspiring!

I even bought the book.  :hooker:

16473190_1289443591125057_27815515251408

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif