Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

"she will never top UV!111!1" shut up stupid

Heroin is already my fave on the album. Sounds like SUsanne Sundfor and the fact it's 6mins long has me shakening

the FUCK! in Cherry is her best musical moment

excited how horror-y 13 beaches gets

TNC sounds like a classic. IM gonna play this one for my father :D xp

Change sounds really good. The piano is godly

In my feelings lmao. Sounds something she'd do during her bimbo era(2010-2011). I'm kinda bopping

the album sounds like HM, its sinister, darker, drug addicted lil sister and im here for it obvs since HM is her best album.

You have low expectations for Lana?

No, I don't. I don't say I have low expactations for Lana, she's an amazing artist - but with every record I listen to I try to have an open mind and not to get fooled by my expectations. So I wouldn't say I have low or high expectations for her.

Are there regional bonus tracks?

There are at least no bonus tracks for Germany (and Austria + Switzerland). Universal Music sent out a newsletter earlier today and if there were any, they would've been listed.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I Love Don't Let me Be Misunderstood like... :rollin: The Other Who???

Loved most of the snippets ahhh And seems like they weren't chorus of the songs.... Excited. I don't think there was any "stand out" for me yet but waiting

Wrote this, not sure if you still want descriptions

13 Beaches - Sounds very mysterious with the voice filter in the beginning, almost dangerous. You can hear the slight annoyance in her voice when you know she's singing about the paparazzi. You can feel for Lana in this track. It's a bittersweet melody.

In My Feelings - Sounds like a femme fatale anthem. The voice filter is muffled, giving a misty atmosphere. With each line, her voice pushes the boundaries further and further. Her light breathy voice sails angelically in the background.

God Bless America - Sounds kinda bluesy, but with a modern twist. The melancholy is evident however Lana's positive lyrics make up for it, giving the song an overall positive tone. The chorus sounds very patriotic.

When The World Was At War - The acoustic guitars are light and airy, while the beat ponders away. I'm getting major Joanne (Gaga) vibes from it. The beat slightly drops and her voice shifts to a bluesy tone for the pre chorus. The lyrics are punchy, giving a sassy feel to it.

Beautiful People - This songs sounds to me like "I'm Going Home" by Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Soundtrack) and I don't know why. The piano is sweet, the lyrics are descriptive, with lots of metaphors. Sounds melancholic.

Tomorrow Never Came - The raw acoustic guitar plays softly in the beginning. Very folksy overtone. Reminiscent of early Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash, with a modern twist. A very western, desert feel. The guitar in the pre chorus I think sounds an awful lot like the first chords used in the song "Hotel California" by the Eagles. Lana's vocals are soft yet a fair amount of vibrato is used for that 60s/70s tone.

Heroin - The piano is there, however it's very quiet, giving an almost eerie yet calming sound. Her voice sounds aching, very gorgeous.

Get Free - Sounds very UV. Sounds like the song "I Can Never Go Home Anymore" by the Shangri-Las. The 60s beat is there, giving a cute fun beat.

Yessss feed me, thank you for taking the time! This hypes me so much!

ok i won't listen to the snippets. just please tell me... wich album comes the closest style wise?

for most of the songs, uv

pNjWdpc.png

I love the pause after he asks about Yosemite.

Damn wish she wasn't rushed into putting this out :( Wouldn't mind if it got delayed so she could think it out more because it's so obvious the Lust for Life that was supposed to be released on May 26 had a more thought out and cohesive tracklist/sound based on interviews and the album trailer. The LFL we're getting now is kind of like a messy hybrid of what it once was and last minute additions :( I'm surprised she says she's always conflicted about what tracks to put out till the last minute because every album up until this point sounds like it was very well thought out. Also confused because GL treads on BAR territory for me thematically so why not just keep it at that point :diva: Like individually, the songs are amazing but in context of the album, they don't flow at all. Like I'm not feeling the contrast between the political tracks and the love songs.

Also her new habit of rushing in the lyrics to fit the melody this era is :deadbanana:

Anyways, the concept of Roses Bloom for You as an intro actually sounds really cool and I wish we got to see it in action this era. Maybe she'll reuse or even rework it for the next album if she puts out Yosemite since they both have idyllic/optimistic themes if LDR6 heads in that direction.

alongside life is beautiful

In the end, everything on the album was Lana's decision. The songs, the sequencing, the narrative, the sound. Accept that, respect that. Stop worrying about hypotheticals & judge the album she chose to make when it's out in full.

"she will never top UV!111!1" shut up stupid

Heroin is already my fave on the album. Sounds like SUsanne Sundfor and the fact it's 6mins long has me shakening

the FUCK! in Cherry is her best musical moment

excited how horror-y 13 beaches gets

TNC sounds like a classic. IM gonna play this one for my father :D xp

Change sounds really good. The piano is godly

In my feelings lmao. Sounds something she'd do during her bimbo era(2010-2011). I'm kinda bopping

the album sounds like HM, its sinister, darker, drug addicted lil sister and im here for it obvs since HM is her best album.

Yes, I thought the same. It sounds like HM being on drugs.

Even though I still ignore LfL since it's trash and not even worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as HM

I Love Don't Let me Be Misunderstood like... :rollin: The Other Who???

Loved most of the snippets ahhh And seems like they weren't chorus of the songs.... Excited. I don't think there was any "stand out" for me yet but waiting

Are u crazy, TOW is a masterpiece 

original.gif