Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

In most cases I would be all over a damn good song snippet, but with the album release so close and the fact that I have been the most excited for this era, I have decided not to dip my toes into the new album snippets - I'm taking a road trip to Orlando next Friday after work and I really want to hear the full album effect with the booming bass and dancing tweeters in my car - I want the shock, the goosebumps, the proverbial melting I will be experiencing listening to it for the first time beginning to end and snippets will kinda take some of that away - That said, thank you Lanaverse for giving me (us) verbal descriptions of what the songs sound like - I'll give my two cents after the release; love you all :scajo: 

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

i love how varied this album sounds. like it still sounds mature and refined like honeymoon but less one note and like more of an experience to listen to, where honeymoon was such a tiring listen, even though its my favorite album, it truly starts to sound like its all  one really long song especially since they all are seamless in transition. 

It's best to acknowledge the eargasms that are Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems, and TNC. 

This is LUST FOR LIFE BEACHES 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

that gif is a perfect metaphor of LfL  :lmao:

the snippets have me shook

source.gif source.gif

that's in WTWWAWWKD though

Oh whoops. I'm listening to the snippets on pico song so it doesn't say the titles :eek:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I wonder if "In My Feelings" is about Donald Trump, or a figure similar to him. In the handwritten tracklist she wrote all of the seemingly political songs in blue (clearly democratic), and that song was one of them. In the snippet, she also says "you're taking what's mine with what you're doing" and "talk that talk, well now they all know your name" and Donald Trump is known to be all talk. Just my analysis :) 

Not listening to the snippets because I cba to make myself listen to part and then have to deal with one or two lines in my head until the full songs in a week so i'm just gonna wait, but I do need some questions answered girlies

1. Is heroin a velvet underground cover- if not, can you tell if it's literally about drugs or a metaphor? Just really intrigued

It's not the VU song, and we don't have enough lyrics to really get any sense of what it is about :)

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png