Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

But like why she just put discographies logos and The Andromeda? She's going to pull a Mariah Carey and release a album full of collabs or what?

:trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha:

i think it might represent the love video? or the reoccurring theme of space?

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

Yeah, the director of the trailer said they WANT us to speculate :brows:

i definitely see what you mean, a whiskey bottle would have been cooler too, but maybe its not even a thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YES to everything you said!! This is the fun part when we actually have clues!!! Rather than nothing!!

Duffy and Kanye West are signed with Mercury records too

Duffy would be very cool but unlikely since she hasn't been active for a while  :crying4:

Kanye West I could see happening - they have previous links with singing at his wedding and I could imagine a Ridin' or Breaking My Heart style song?  :brows:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Kanye West I could see happening - they have previous links with singing at his wedding and I could imagine a Ridin' or Breaking My Heart style song?  :brows:

it would be Famous 2.0 so Lana can cover her fave - nina simone for the 3rd time  :creep:

giphy.gif

And what would be a ''Florida Kilos situation''? :um2:

Idk if this is correct or anything so just correct me if I'm wrong but apparently it was for a film soundtrack? Lana didn't want a deluxe edition of UV and that song was for a movie but they never used it so she took it back. It explains why it's an entirely different mood/tempo from other UV songs.

This is pure speculation, there was never an indicator that it was meant for a movie.

Thanks for the clairifications, but regardless it's a good indicator of the legal parameters of LIB. If it's already been released for the movie it's up in their hands, not Lana's.

So stop asking her!

Someone just leak it!!

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually mercury!

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia)

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island Records, Motown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group."

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)."

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mercury_Records_artists

Well done, you potentially cracked the hell out of that.

This is pure speculation, there was never an indicator that it was meant for a movie.

The fact that it was co-written by Harmony Korine, who wrote and directed Spring Breakers (starring James Franco), means that it's far from speculation - it's almost a certainty that it was related to a movie in some way. The difference might well have been (and this actually is just educated speculation) that the song wasn't legally commissioned by a studio, so if the recording was paid for by Lana/her label, they would fully retain the rights, unlike Life Is Beautiful.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

The fact that it was co-written by Harmony Korine, who wrote and directed Spring Breakers (starring James Franco), means that it's far from speculation - it's almost a certainty that it was related to a movie in some way. The difference might well have been (and this actually is just educated speculation) that the song wasn't legally commissioned by a studio, so if the recording was paid for by Lana/her label, they would fully retain the rights, unlike Life Is Beautiful.

Again, anyone looking for an explanation on LIB look right here. This is the best you're gonna get.

I can't wait for L4L

It better be a mother fucking BOP. What happened to the bops

(Ps. I wanted to post that video of a drag queen dancing to cola in the club but it's not on yt anymore but yass She used to have bops)

Well we don't know how they got involved, maybe they just met and decided to play around with those inspirations. Didn't Lana once taljed about a documentary movie about drug abuse that inspired her for the track?

I still don't see any clear indicator for FK being a supposed movie soundtrack song.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Not only is it related to a movie, it's about a particular movie. She said in an interview with James Franco,

"Harmony Korine wanted me to write a tune about this movie that I think you’re going to be in [The Trap]. It’s about cocaine cowboys. So for fun, that was something where he was just spitting off insane lyrics and asking me to put them into melodies."

Whether or not it will appear on that soundtrack is a different story.

Can Lana rap in her songs again??

Bring back GANGSTA NANCY SINATRA.

Urban music is dominating Spotify.

FT. The Weeknd was the right choice. Hoping it's NOT a mopey love song.

Something would be great, as for A Day In The Life i prefer Jeff Beck's guitar version (it's really amazing).

Would be nice to hear a cover of I Want To Hold Your Hand (I just love T.V. Carpio's version of it on Across The Universe), also I would love a cover of Janis Joplin's Little Girl Blue

If she covered Little Girl Blue by Janis Joplin I would be complete.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually mercury! 

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia) 

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island RecordsMotown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group." 

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)." 

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mercury_Records_artists

Iggy Azalea collab confirmed!  :hooker:  (since she's on this record label)  :toofunny: