Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

16-20 tracks pls.

I get that everyone's thirsty for as much music as possible, but when I see an album has that many it's very vulnerable for filler tracks. I think less is more if it's to be a cohesive record that you can listen front to back easily. Yeah I sound pretentious af, but don't clock me it's just more meaningful as work of art imo, you feel me? Somethings different about this era, like I see a creative spark in her and I want it to be the best record she's ever released (that will be a challenge)

I NEED more Lana in my life of course, I actually think a Lust / Life double album would be pretty cool and still within her vision  :kiss:

* long hair lana, that's my bitch *

I get that everyone's thirsty for as much music as possible, but when I see an album has that many it's very vulnerable for filler tracks. I think less is more if it's to be a cohesive record that you can listen front to back easily. Yeah I sound pretentious af, but don't clock me it's just more meaningful as work of art imo, you feel me? Somethings different about this era, like I see a creative spark in her and I want it to be the best record she's ever released (that will be a challenge)

I NEED more Lana in my life of course, I actually think a Lust / Life double album would be pretty cool and still within her vision  :kiss:

I could see this first half dealing with darker songs reminiscent of her previous albums like lust for like and the second focusing on brighter songs like love showing that she's moved on and she's ready for happiness in her life and for those around her with a small focus on political issues along the way

I agree, I think though a 12 track album with 3 or 4 bonus tracks would be a solution for that

I get that everyone's thirsty for as much music as possible, but when I see an album has that many it's very vulnerable for filler tracks. I think less is more if it's to be a cohesive record that you can listen front to back 

some ppl on here do not understand the concept of quality sadly. 

We have one for Schon Mag, another one for Grazia Mag and the shoot with  Eleanor Bleier x Molly Matalon.

I'd only noticed about those, maybe there's a lot of shoots that we didn't know.

What's the Shon Mag one ? Do we have pics ?

giphy.gif

I could see this first half dealing with darker songs reminiscent of her previous albums like lust for like and the second focusing on brighter songs like love showing that she's moved on and she's ready for happiness in her life and for those around her with a small focus on political issues along the way

That would've been the coolest thing ever

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

its the one with the cat print outfit, we're not sure that its Schon though, but it is another magazine

Thank You <3

giphy.gif

I want this album to have a new sound, and if the whole album sounds like love I don't think that'll be the case. Don't get me wrong I love that song but idk it feels a bit recycled. When I first discovered Lana ( I didn't listen to music alot back then and only listened to pop when I did) it felt like I never heard anything like it before. I remember getting chills the first time hearing west coast and gods and monsters. And that's the experience I want for this album, I love honeymoon too but I never experienced anything like that with it. Born to die and ultraviolence have completely different sounds that grew on me like nothing else but honeymoon felt like a combination, nothing new. I want lust for life to completely change me musically like born to die and ultraviolence did. I rather not have an album w a recycled sound

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Thought it was worth mentioning that Lana's dancers Ashley & Alex are currently hanging out together along with another dancer Fatima, who is followed by members of Lana's team such as Nicole, Neil, Byron, and Anna.

it seems as if there was a reason for this then --

http://instagram.com/p/BSo6OuJFBOH/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

what's "filler" is completely subjective. i'm perfectly okay with an album that isn't cohesive as long as the music is good, and her music tends to be good.

some ppl on here do not understand the concept of quality sadly. 

you know...there are long albums that are quality, right?

giphy.gif

my song 57's snippet has been on repeat for like an hour or so, im trying to distract myself but i just can't :crai: I need the whole song.. the thirst is real.

Was song is that? Never heard it before

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven