Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

LiB is DEAD.

And yes. Lana acknowledges she's a gay icon. The Gays love her music bc she's always using the theme of "Love hurts" and such.

???, ?????????

That's why LiB needs to be one of the 18 tracks.

“When you let everything go, you know, of course, all these little things come to you when you kind of aren’t expecting them to. I was writing a song that seemed really a little left-of-centre and too specific to be used for anything and then, like one of those things I was talking about with the movie, this guy was looking for something with a theme that was exactly what I had just written. It was called “Life Is Still Beautiful”, so it was about a guy and his best friend, and one guy is just trying to get his best friend to come back to him because life is still beautiful.” -

this

honestly let's be real though, we all were shaken to our core when that trailer for Age of Adaline came out with a snippet of that song.

Because at that moment we thought that the song was going to be part of the film and then it would be officially released, but after two years, it clearly was not.

Life is not always beautiful.

Get over it.

I've always wondered why Lana is an artist with a mostly gay audience  :flutter:

I think it helps that a lot of her work has been songs about love going wrong, not working out, being hurt by those you love, often with some melodramatic flourishes. Also, especially in the BTD era, she was definitely an outsider. She didn't look like anyone else, or talk like anyone else, or dress like anyone else, or sound like anyone else (much of this still being true). To see her being so independent from everyone else, but also succeeding, was inspiring. I think a lot of the LGBT community can relate, at some point or another, to feeling like an outsider, like you don't belong or are a little too much this/not enough that for general taste. So it's always cool to see someone who clearly doesn't give a shit about trying to fit in the restrictive lines of what's "acceptable" or "normal" and is able to merge their own path. 

"I hate this song BECAUSE I've never heard it!"

ok lanaboards

Why always look on the negative side?

Lol at most of you all being so politically correct.

I can also say:

"I love this song BECAUSE I've never heard it"

there is no wrong and no right about expressing your feelings and thoughts towards a song.

Love.  :justride2:

giphy.gif

I still believe in the May 26th date.

Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

yall can not believe how excited i am for the boxset + photos + other shit in the vinyl, I live for the small details like lyric sheets, colored records, etc. what other poses/photos/little quirks do you think that she will put in the set? i can't wait for the pre-order im so giddy  :flutter: